20% Drink Special - My math isn't working?

I think you are missing the point ... they are upset about fairness and deceptive business practices.

OK, maybe I did miss the point. But it's hardly unfair or deceptive. They tell you the price and what you get. You either buy it or you don't. Nobody is paying for something they aren't getting and nothing is being misrepresented.

Edited by jamesr3939

What's really annoying people is that the prices changed drastically over about a 3 day period. We got $310 for the premium at a true 20% discount in the middle of March. I told the group members on our 6/5 Allure sailing that this promotion was available and to act quickly. Those who did (within about 48-72 hours) got the $310 price. Those who didn't act quickly enough were given a higher price that did not match our price. When they called customer service about the changes, it seemed no one in the entire division was aware of either the 20 % discount, or even a price change to a higher amount. When it was pointed out that the math didn't work out all c/s reps and supervisors said they would be allowed go to Passenger services and would be able to purchase the packages at the lower prices. Whether this happens or not, we will see. Will try to let you all know after 6/5.

OK, maybe I did miss the point. But it's hardly unfair or deceptive. They tell you the price and what you get. You either buy it or you don't. Nobody is paying for something they aren't getting and nothing is being misrepresented.

But it is. For those of us that have many cruises booked, they jack the prices for the sale and then want you to think you are getting a bargain. Case in point - our August Enchantment has the so call 20% off "Sale". they jacked the price to $55+ with tip. Our Jan Enchantment does not have the sale and it is $57 with tip. So this so called 20% off sale is saving me a whopping $1.54. Where am I saving 20%?????? Not happening.

This sale is for those that cruise once in a blue moon and don't understand the games Royal is playing. For those of us that cruise all that time this is nothing but another game Royal is playing to try to get people to THINK they are getting a bargain when they really are not getting anythint:mad:

But it is. For those of us that have many cruises booked, they jack the prices for the sale and then want you to think you are getting a bargain. Case in point - our August Enchantment has the so call 20% off "Sale". they jacked the price to $55+ with tip. Our Jan Enchantment does not have the sale and it is $57 with tip. So this so called 20% off sale is saving me a whopping $1.54. Where am I saving 20%?????? Not happening.

This sale is for those that cruise once in a blue moon and don't understand the games Royal is playing. For those of us that cruise all that time this is nothing but another game Royal is playing to try to get people to THINK they are getting a bargain when they really are not getting anythint:mad:

I agree.

Actually, I think their marketing people messed up. Since they were pulling numbers out of their ?ss, why not say the package was $100 and they were giving you 50% off? I think they would get more takers at 50% off than at 20% off.

I agree.

Actually, I think their marketing people messed up. Since they were pulling numbers out of their ?ss, why not say the package was $100 and they were giving you 50% off? I think they would get more takers at 50% off than at 20% off.

Yup. For us guys that cruise a lot, this is just so bogus, just like all their "cruise" sales where they jack up the price and then say it is 60% off for the 2nd person. PLEASE!!! Do they really think we are that stupid????

From my understanding, the advertised 20% off is actually the 47.00/person/day. If we don't purchase now, we could possibly pay 57.00 plus tip on the ship.

When I put the package in my cart for three ppl. my total was over 1400, which included a tip.

I don't want to call customer service because the last two times I have called, I just get aggravated. I didn't even get a "thank you" for cruising with us or have a great cruise!

This just seems so much money!!!

I agree.

That's been my thing- just say I'm getting 10% off- hey we are used to not getting a discount at all so 10% is nice. Just don't tell me one thing and then change prices to make it work for you. I will say last Monday they had the Ultimate on sale for 20% off. When we typed up the itinerary for our group the price for that was $59 and we ended up paying $49 at least the $10 was a little closer to 20% lol with gratuity paid $404 which is what we paid for the Premium last fall

I agree.

This is the rub - if they would be transparent - actually say what the onboard price is - I could make an informed decision. Unfortunately - my calls to the C&A line produced no information.

Just own it - say what it is and then I can make a decision. Otherwise - it's a shot in he dark!

This is the rub - if they would be transparent - actually say what the onboard price is - I could make an informed decision. Unfortunately - my calls to the C&A line produced no information.

Just own it - say what it is and then I can make a decision. Otherwise - it's a shot in he dark!

Well after this outrageous on board pricing report from the Allure today, I feel like I am getting an adequate discount on the premium package at $47 per day for the Anthem in a few weeks. Albeit, my September Anthem cruise still has the premium package priced at $44 per day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50140653&postcount=108

Well after this outrageous on board pricing report from the Allure today, I feel like I am getting an adequate discount on the premium package at $47 per day for the Anthem in a few weeks. Albeit, my September Anthem cruise still has the premium package priced at $44 per day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50140653&postcount=108

Wow. :rolleyes: We are booked now at $44 (+ g)Premium. $33/day (+ g) for Select. The cruise is in September. We will just stick with the pricing for now, unless something changes in the next few months. :)

Questions-Would it make sense for a Diamond member to buy a drink package( alcohol beverages) and is it correct that the member can share a bottle of wine purchased on a drink package? Can the bottle of wine be used in the dining room?

Questions-Would it make sense for a Diamond member to buy a drink package( alcohol beverages) and is it correct that the member can share a bottle of wine purchased on a drink package? Can the bottle of wine be used in the dining room?

I am diamond and I still purchase the drink package, but I am more of a cocktail guy and don't like being limited to the liquor selection offered. In addition, I find that I will not have more than a cocktail during the happy hour period. I tend to have two "pool" drinks, two at dinner, and two at shows or after hours activities.

With respect to wine bottle purchases, it is either a 20% or 40% discount depending on the pricing of the bottle and package you have. However, there are no restrictions on the consumption of the bottle after purchase. I have purchased a bottle in Vintages using the discount and then have taken it to Chops or Giovanni's to have with dinner.

In addition to being able to take the bottle of wine anywhere on the ship as mentioned above, it can also be shared with anyone.

How do I see / get this drink discount? When I try to book the drink options on my next cruise it says it isn't available yet. My cruise isn't until June 2017.

You can only get the discount if your Cruise Planner lets you purchase beverage packages. In other words, it's likely too early for your cruise.

From my understanding, the advertised 20% off is actually the 47.00/person/day. If we don't purchase now, we could possibly pay 57.00 plus tip on the ship.

That is incorrect. for my enchantment in Aug/Sept/Oct it shows $47 per day and when you select it it says an 18% gratuity will be added at checkout. When you check out it adds 18% tips making it $55 per day.

My Jan Enchantment shows $57 and when you select it, it says "18% gratuity is already included". When you check out the price is $57 per day.

So you have to really read it. When you select the package look to see if it says the tip will be added or if the tip is already included.

That is how they get you! Here is what it shows in the Planner for a Premium Pkg with the 20% off and without the 20% off

-20% off: For the $47 price it says: A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

No discount: For the $57 price it says: Gratuity has already been included in the price of each package.

So be very careful when booking and make sure you are reading the fine print and checking the final price! Like I said, for me it saves $1.56 total. Big deal - that is no 20% off.

We payed $39 for premium package on our 5/14 Anthem cruise.

I was able to lock in that price back in April for my 9/17 Bermuda cruise as well. However, that was the 20% off discounted rate based on $49 per day, which is no longer. It is my understanding that RCI has now increased the pricing to $55 per day for non peak cruises and $59 per day in peak months and thus the $44 and $47 discounted rates being currently offered on cruise planner, respectively.

Edited by GatorWop

I'm sailing on Enchantment on 10/24/16 and my total cost was $221.84 even though it shows that it is now 20 percent off for the premium package. I booked it today.

Yes, that pricing correlates to $47 per day plus the 18% gratuity. Again, you should expect to see $59 (20% increase) per day pricing plus the gratuity once you are on board. I assume they will use the $59 per day peak pricing for the shorter runs (Enchantment/Majesty) as they tend to be booze cruises for many.

Right now they're offering the Ultimate pkg. for $47 per day, before tax. This is a 13-day transatlantic on Harmony, and the breakdown is $611.00 pp with a $219.96 "service charge." That's $55.50 pp per day after taxes or $1441.96 total for 2 people. It's in my shopping cart, but I haven't pushed the button yet. My husband thinks we should do it and just be done with it. "In for a penny, in for a pound!"

This is what I got also for my 11-night Med Cruise. $612.70 paid in total for the Ultimate Package. Comes out to $55.70/day all in. Don't know if the summer Med cruises are priced differently but I'll take it! Between cocktails, sparkling water, and specialty coffees, I will certainly come out ahead at this price.

I have folders for all of our past cruises, and just pulled the one for our 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise in September, 2015. We paid $454.30 each, or $64.90pp per day. $908.60 total for the Ultimate pkg.

(The current price they're offering online for the Ultimate package, after tax, is coming to $55.50 pp/pd. This will be a 13-day cruise with 10 sea days.)

I think today may be the day that we do this. It's been in my shopping cart for weeks. :)