Bring a friend program

Does anyone know how far ahead you have to fill out the papers for the bring a friend program? I am bringing 4 cabins that have never sailed with Royal and would be very happy to get the $25 per cabin..

Thank you

Does anyone know how far ahead you have to fill out the papers for the bring a friend program? I am bringing 4 cabins that have never sailed with Royal and would be very happy to get the $25 per cabin..

Thank you

I don't see anything about how far ahead you must apply. However, it would not surprise me if the current BOGO rates are not combinable.

Here are the terms:

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member"). Member’s friend must not have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must book on or after January 21, 2011 and sail on or after January 21, 2011. Bookings cancelled and rebooked after January 21, 2011 are not eligible. Friend not eligible to receive onboard credit.

Member must submit an Offer redemption request at RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend or call (800) 526-9723. Member must provide the Friend's booking number, full name, and email or telephone number, which are subject to verification by Royal Caribbean. Member and Friend must each be at least 18 years of age. Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

Offer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

Edited by clarea

I don't see anything about how far ahead you must apply. However, it would not surprise me if the current BOGO rates are not combinable.

Here are the terms:

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member"). Member’s friend must not have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must book on or after January 21, 2011 and sail on or after January 21, 2011. Bookings cancelled and rebooked after January 21, 2011 are not eligible. Friend not eligible to receive onboard credit.

Member must submit an Offer redemption request at RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend or call (800) 526-9723. Member must provide the Friend's booking number, full name, and email or telephone number, which are subject to verification by Royal Caribbean. Member and Friend must each be at least 18 years of age. Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

Offer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

Bob,

Am I reading this right ? You can start submitting your Bring a Friend request 70 days before final payment? Would that explain why when I submit requests for my upcoming Oasis cruise it keeps telling me the reservation and name are not valid? I know the ressie is right since it's my ressie and I know how to spell my cousins last name :p

Bob,

Am I reading this right ? You can start submitting your Bring a Friend request 70 days before final payment? Would that explain why when I submit requests for my upcoming Oasis cruise it keeps telling me the reservation and name are not valid? I know the ressie is right since it's my ressie and I know how to spell my cousins last name :p

No, I think you are running into a different problem. I remember submitting a request long before final payment. It was accepted and stayed in the pending state for a few months, and then denied because we had a group booking.

I'd call C&A and see if they can determine the problem.

I got denied for the group travel exclusion :mad:

Sometimes you don't realize you have a group booking. They are often tied to a Travel Agent. If you have things like free tips or OBC, you may have a group booking

Yes, happened to me and I had nothing extra like OBC.:(

How do you know if the application has gone through? I entered it on the website, the screen said it had been accepted but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to check the current status.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How do you know if the application has gone through? I entered it on the website, the screen said it had been accepted but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to check the current status.

If you log in to your My Cruises account, click on the tab called "Bring a Friend". Then click on "Bring A Friend History".

I am sailing next week with 2 couples new to RC but was denied the "bring a friend" promo because it is not combine it with offers when booking. We had free flights in Europe so i suppose this is the reason, however i think it is very mean of RC to do this - how many people book without special offers!

So just curious, hubby and I are bringing 3 friends (our adult children who have never cruised) and they are all in our cabin. Can I bring one friend and hubby bring another and both get OBC?

So just curious, hubby and I are bringing 3 friends (our adult children who have never cruised) and they are all in our cabin. Can I bring one friend and hubby bring another and both get OBC?

You are limited to one redemption per stateroom that a friend is in. In other words, if you have 4 friends in 4 different staterooms, you get $100. However, if those 4 friends are in one stateroom, then you get $25.

The way I read it the friend must have there own booking number so I assume they can not be in your cabin. Again that is how I read it but I might be wrong.

Edited by later

The way I read it the friend must have there own booking number so I assume they can not be in your cabin.

Unless it's changed, they can be in the same stateroom. Our daughter got $25 for bringing her friend and they were in the same stateroom.

Unless it's changed, they can be in the same stateroom. Our daughter got $25 for bringing her friend and they were in the same stateroom.

Thanks Bob. I shouldn't assume anything. I stand corrected. I have never used the bring a friend certificate but I have talked my oldest daughter and her family into joining us on an upcoming cruise so I will try using it then.

Friends of ours have sailed with Royal twice and are going again a third time. This time we are joining them. I'm wondering if they can apply for the Bring-a-Friend.

They booked direct with Royal. We booked through Air Miles as our AM's expire this December and have just over $3,500 towards the cruise.

I provided Air Miles our friends' reservation # so we would be linked, and our friend gave Royal our reservation #.

Do you think they could apply, or would they be denied because we went through Air Miles?

I confirm this is correct.

This is not how I read and understood the terms but others have proven that you can get the 25$ even if the friend is in the same stateroom.

Friends of ours have sailed with Royal twice and are going again a third time. This time we are joining them. I'm wondering if they can apply for the Bring-a-Friend.

They booked direct with Royal. We booked through Air Miles as our AM's expire this December and have just over $3,500 towards the cruise.

I provided Air Miles our friends' reservation # so we would be linked, and our friend gave Royal our reservation #.

Do you think they could apply, or would they be denied because we went through Air Miles?

You cannot apply, but your friend should be able to. I can't say for sure if your booking situation will be approved for the $25 on board credit, but what's there to lose by having your friend apply?

I always book directly over the phone with RC.

Last year, about 6 months before sail date, I booked a solo cabin on the Independence. I had credit card small on board credit plus my diamond plus discount.

A friend decided to go on the same cruise - her first. She lives in a different state and we met in FLL. She also booked a solo cabin and gave me her reservation number.

I called RC to have the reservations linked for dinner. I happened to mention that it was my friend's first cruise. The agent immediately said I was eligible for the bring a friend program (I didn't ask; didn't know about it). He took care of it and the $25 credit was on my Setsail pass along with my other discounts. Very easy!

No, I think you are running into a different problem. I remember submitting a request long before final payment. It was accepted and stayed in the pending state for a few months, and then denied because we had a group booking.

I'd call C&A and see if they can determine the problem.

I figured out my problem! It helps if I put the zero in front of the first # :p