New perks suggestion

Beau Dommage

It has often been said. The Xcelerate perk is the most flexible one. It doesn’t cost a lot to Celebrity. So I beleive Celebrity could use it to develop new kinds of perks like Book your shore excursion or diner package now and get free access to internet. I beleive that would be very popular.

It has often been said. The Xcelerate perk is the most flexible one. It doesn’t cost a lot to Celebrity. So I beleive Celebrity could use it to develop new kinds of perks like Book your shore excursion or diner package now and get free access to internet. I beleive that would be very popular.

Okay. I'm going to show my stupidity once again. What is the Xcelerate perk?

Is this being viewed from a management perspective or the cruisers?

It would be great for management as it would cost them next to nothing when it is up and running. There are other perks that I would take over the Internet as it still is slow and I am also on vacation.

Both. I already got two perks : classic beverage and gratuities. Internet is missing, so I would probably book some shore excursions or diner package NOW with Celebrity if they offer free internet to do so. It is absolutely not garanteed that I would take once on board a diner package or a shore excursion with Celebrity.

Both. I already got two perks : classic beverage and gratuities. Internet is missing, so I would probably book some shore excursions or diner package NOW with Celebrity if they offer free internet to do so. It is absolutely not garanteed that I would take once on board a diner package or a shore excursion with Celebrity.

Adding free internet wouldn't entice me to book a dinner package or shore excursions. Although Xcelerate is reported to be better, as more & more folks choose to get unlimited internet & stay connected 24/7 I have to think that it will be slow again.

You are right, it doesn't cost them much, but what you are not factoring in is the revenue they would be losing if they gave it away as a perk versus passengers purchasing it.

Don't bet the farm that Celebrity will "give" any additional perks. They might try to convince you that you're getting something additional, but you can be certain that any cost plus a built in profit will be embedding in the price of the cruise. It's very simple: One doesn't increase margins by giving away a potential revenue source. Watch what you want to include, you may price yourself out of a Celebrity Cruise. This has already happened if you believe what many former Celebrity cruisers have said on these boards.

Don't bet the farm that Celebrity will "give" any additional perks. They might try to convince you that you're getting something additional, but you can be certain that any cost plus a built in profit will be embedding in the price of the cruise. It's very simple: One doesn't increase margins by giving away a potential revenue source. Watch what you want to include, you may price yourself out of a Celebrity Cruise. This has already happened if you believe what many former Celebrity cruisers have said on these boards.

Spot on and very well put.

Phil

Just off Summit. It was my first opportunity to use the new internet system. Unfortunately, it is still slow. I expected more speed after reading all the hype.

Same experience on Silhouette. They were pushing "unlimited internet" and telling passengers that they "won't even need to log off". People who know a lot more than I told me that this created a speed problem since so much bandwidth was being used 24/7. Several told me that they didn't even know how to log off since they were told to just keep it on. Celebrity might need to change marketing strategy here.

On our cruise, the Internet was still slow. Especially on sea days. People were leaving it on who had "unlimited". Lots of people were trying to connect. Think of taking a shower when you turn on all the faucets in your home, doing a wash, running the dishwasher, watering the lawn, etc. all at the same time. You get the idea.