Carnival Magic review: April 30 - May 7 - Western Caribbean

ryano

Not understanding why you think you were too positive. Don't let the "other" review influence you. Most of us enjoy life without picking it apart and then brag about it and try to convince you that you are wrong.

Your review was excellent.

This!

I've been stalking Magic reviews and Carnival overall and the "other" review comes from someone who constantly contradicts themselves from thread to thread, never has anything good to say and manages to insult the rest of us in the process. I like your attitude. Much like ours when vacationing. Enjoy it! That's what it's there for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This!

I've been stalking Magic reviews and Carnival overall and the "other" review comes from someone who constantly contradicts themselves from thread to thread, never has anything good to say and manages to insult the rest of us in the process. I like your attitude. Much like ours when vacationing. Enjoy it! That's what it's there for.

Poor ryano took a beating today. Basically unless you are sweet and apologetic, we are as much as banned there:D

Poor ryano took a beating today. Basically unless you are sweet and apologetic, we are as much as banned there:D

ryano was sweet. Which made it that much worse.

Unless I'm mistaken, can't find what we are speaking of.

Neither can I! Very interesting. Did she find a way to block us?

No the thread was clearly removed for some odd reason. Didn't seem to violate anything, so who knows. Who cares. It was mostly a depressing review of food at the point is was at.

Although my go to meal was removed so I will restate it for the record!

Firecracker Jamaican Wings

Tossed in The Frog’s secret spices and a rum-molasses BBQ sauce.

(2 orders-thanks very much) (3 if DD 9 joins me)

and

TING MOJITO

Absolut Ruby Red Vodka, Grapefruit Juice, Fresh Lime, Mint and

Simple Syrup, finished with a splash of Ting.

(DD9 does not get one of these)

Edited by Trumpster

No the thread was clearly removed for some odd reason. Didn't seem to violate anything, so who knows. Who cares. It was mostly a depressing review of food at the point is was at.

and

TING MOJITO

Her pre-set up thread was a signal that the review might not have gone over well. She was asking about blocking people before she even wrote the thing.:rolleyes:

I'm going on the Magic in August. I'll stick to reasonable less touchy reviewers.

Now where do you order those wings?

and

TING MOJITO

I love Caribbean jerk wings at my local bar!!! I believe the Firecracker Jamaican wings will be a nice spicy alternative!!! Can't wait to try them!!!! 10 weeks before we fly out to Orlando, FL. Red Frog will be my first stop once on board!!! :D Now are children allowed in the pub or are there certain hours that they cannot be there?

I love Caribbean jerk wings at my local bar!!! I believe the Firecracker Jamaican wings will be a nice spicy alternative!!! Can't wait to try them!!!! 10 weeks before we fly out to Orlando, FL. Red Frog will be my first stop once on board!!! :D Now are children allowed in the pub or are there certain hours that they cannot be there?

Not sure about how late but kids are very much allowed. My Dd9 loves the wings too. She gets a diet coke.

Ryan,

Thank you for your review! So glad you had such a good time! I had a question about your comment on this:

"I also got to try the Guys Pig and Anchor BBQ smokehouse on both sea days. It was pretty good BBQ for a cruise ship and the sides were great. Another PLUS for being included in the cruise fare."

Is this place only open on Sea days only? Was it open on the day of sailing? If so, how bad were the lines?

Thank you!

Ryano... I too enjoy your review... and nothing wrong with being a cheerleader!! ( they were always the most popular in high school!!)

I love when people are positive in their reviews.. I don't mind hearing negative things that are expressed in an honest helpful way..

I agree with E&B... the OP is hard to deal with.. and in stressful situations a persons true character always shines through.

My son and his in laws were on your cruise... they had a BLAST.. its all in the way you look at the world.

I am on the Magic in Oct. and am enjoying your enthusiastic review.. keep it coming and thank you for taking the time.

Thanks everyone for reading my review.............I guess it comes across a little too much positive or "cheerleaderish" but that best describes the cruise. I really cant find anything negative about it and was pleasantly surprised with Carnival. The small issue in the bathroom was immediately taken care of and that was ONLY small issue we had.

I loved Magic and cant wait to be on her again. Great ship, excellent crew, good food and great service. I cant ask for more on my cruises :)

Thank you for this review. We will be on the Magic Oct 7, 2017 also!! We have been on 13 Carnival cruises since March 2012 and have nothing but positive things to say.

Ryan,

Thank you for your review! So glad you had such a good time! I had a question about your comment on this:

"I also got to try the Guys Pig and Anchor BBQ smokehouse on both sea days. It was pretty good BBQ for a cruise ship and the sides were great. Another PLUS for being included in the cruise fare."

Is this place only open on Sea days only? Was it open on the day of sailing? If so, how bad were the lines?

Thank you!

Only open seadays. Not open first day. And its excellent bbq for a ship. The best bbq so far on a ship. Better places on land of course but those are far away from deck 5.

Not understanding why you think you were too positive. Don't let the "other" review influence you. Most of us enjoy life without picking it apart and then brag about it and try to convince you that you are wrong.

Your review was excellent.

I agree, if the review you wrote depicts your experience, why apologize? Even the author of the other review should be on board with that.

Thank you for sharing you review, and I hope this won't be your last visit to the Carnival boards, most of us try to be civil and friendly.

Thank you for your review. I loved it. It was wonderful to hear a review from someone in a wheelchair. My upcoming cruise will be my second in a wheelchair and the Magic is the ship we will be going on. Now I am even more excited to get on the Magic.

Can anyone tell me where the Carnival pom poms are sold at? :D Im now a BIG fan!

The food:

We tried Guys burgers several times. We enjoyed it  What makes them even better is they are included in the price of the cruise fare whereas Johnnie Rockets on Royal Caribbean is now 6.95 per person now I believe. The burgers were just fine and everything most people say they were. I liked the fries as well.

I also got to try the Guys Pig and Anchor BBQ smokehouse on both sea days. It was pretty good BBQ for a cruise ship and the sides were great. Another PLUS for being included in the cruise fare.

Pizzeria De Capitano was great! I hit this place up several times over the cruise! While I have read a lot of complaints about the pizza, I thought it was wonderful. It’s the thin crust pizza I love and is made fresh whereas Sorrentos on Royal Caribbean is just awful. I don’t even rate it as high as most frozen pizzas at the grocery store. If you don’t like Carnivals pizza, you would even eat the pizza on Royal. Its THAT bad.

Prime steakhouse; All I can say is OMG! This place was superb! It blew Chops away in every aspect. Prime steakhouse is everything Chops USE to be. I have not been impressed with Chops lately and am really turned off by them charging $18 - $20 more for a “better” steak on top of the 35.00 pp surcharge. The service in Prime was excellent and the food was really good. My steak was cooked perfectly, was so tender and I really enjoyed the sides. I left Prime feeling very satisfied. The last two times I left Chops, I was very underwhelmed.

Cucina De Capitano: Another excellent venue with great food and service. I had the Caesar salad, meatballs appetizer, Chicken Parmigiana and enjoyed it very much.

Again, overall, I was very happy with the food on Carnival Magic. It is every bit as good as Royal Caribbean with some things being even better.

Hi, is the Mongolian Wok still there and open for lunch?

I ask because you didn't mention it and someone else posted the Fun Times and it wasn't listed under the lunch options.

TIA