Majesty vs Enchantment for 4 day cruise

I did a search and most of the past responses were fact specific or dated, so I'm doing a new thread seeking input.

It is our 30th wedding anniversary in August. We are two early sixties passengers traveling without kids, grandkids or extended family. Just us. DH and I are doing a lovely 10 day Mediterranean cruise next month as our "big" trip, but for the actual day of our anniversary, we were looking for a quick get-away just so we're not sitting home going to the same old local restaurants on our actual anniversary.

We've not done either Enchantment or Majesty, but did sail on both the Oasis and Allure, loved them both but also are looking forward to trying the smaller class ships.

We live about a half hour north of Fort Lauderdale, so about an hour and a half to port of Miami. We took a cruise out of Port Canaveral once, about 10 years ago, and it didn't take us that much longer to drive there, maybe an hour more? I'd actually rather drive to Port Canaveral than to Miami, even if it's a longer drive, so Majesty gets points there.

Both cruises go to the Bahamas, Nassau and Coco Cay. Enchantment adds Key West on the last day; Majesty has a sea day. Sea day gets points for me over Key West so that's another point for Majesty.

Majesty doesn't seem to have balcony staterooms, but their junior suite is much larger with larger balcony than the balcony on Enchantment and the cost is not that much more. Points for Majesty there.

Majesty was recently upgraded, but looking at dining options, Enchantment has Park Cafe and Chops. It would be nice to get our anniversary night meal at Chops, and we love Park Cafe. Points to Enchantment for dining options.

The Enchantment has the Solarium, is that for adults only like on the Allure and Oasis? If so, points for Enchantment for that.

For those of you who have gone on both the Enchantment and the Majesty, what would your choice be for a 4 day anniversary cruise?

I did a search and most of the past responses were fact specific or dated, so I'm doing a new thread seeking input.

It is our 30th wedding anniversary in August. We are two early sixties passengers traveling without kids, grandkids or extended family. Just us. DH and I are doing a lovely 10 day Mediterranean cruise next month as our "big" trip, but for the actual day of our anniversary, we were looking for a quick get-away just so we're not sitting home going to the same old local restaurants on our actual anniversary.

We've not done either Enchantment or Majesty, but did sail on both the Oasis and Allure, loved them both but also are looking forward to trying the smaller class ships.

We live about a half hour north of Fort Lauderdale, so about an hour and a half to port of Miami. We took a cruise out of Port Canaveral once, about 10 years ago, and it didn't take us that much longer to drive there, maybe an hour more? I'd actually rather drive to Port Canaveral than to Miami, even if it's a longer drive, so Majesty gets points there.

Both cruises go to the Bahamas, Nassau and Coco Cay. Enchantment adds Key West on the last day; Majesty has a sea day. Sea day gets points for me over Key West so that's another point for Majesty.

Majesty doesn't seem to have balcony staterooms, but their junior suite is much larger with larger balcony than the balcony on Enchantment and the cost is not that much more. Points for Majesty there.

Majesty was recently upgraded, but looking at dining options, Enchantment has Park Cafe and Chops. It would be nice to get our anniversary night meal at Chops, and we love Park Cafe. Points to Enchantment for dining options.

The Enchantment has the Solarium, is that for adults only like on the Allure and Oasis? If so, points for Enchantment for that.

For those of you who have gone on both the Enchantment and the Majesty, what would your choice be for a 4 day anniversary cruise?

You can't go wrong either way for just a short little cruise. I am actually going out again on the Majesty at the end of this month with my four year old grandson. For me, it's fine since my goal is just to go to the beach, relax with my grandson, etc. It does not have the bells and whistles but it is a steady older ship. Definite points to Enchantment for the dining options as Majesty has done. I guess it would all come down to the ease to get to the port and boarding ease, the cost and how important the dining options were. You can always get the better cut of steak, lobster etc. in the main dining room by paying a little extra i believe but you wont have the same quiet, more exclusive dining experience in the smaller venues. In any case, have a lovely anniversary and that cruise next month in the mediterranean will be fabulous! Enjoy

I can't offer a comparison as I haven't been on Majesty but the cruise my wife and I did for our Anniversary earlier this year was a 4 day Bahamas on Enchantment and we loved it. The Solarium was one of the spaces we enjoyed the most, especially with the Park Cafe right there. Just a very nice place to sit together. It is adult only and we did find that the staff were very good about, kindly, redirecting the children coming into the Solarium.

Also, I really enjoyed the house band on Enchantment, Rockport. Very nice guys. :)

Enchantment definitely gets the nod here! We are fans of both ships but the Enchantment is a nicer ship across the board and the service in Chops is spectacular! If you were not having a special event I would say it is a toss up but --- it is your special event!!! You won't go wrong either way Bon Voyage!

But if you have already this point system they must add up to your decision right?

Enchantment, hands down. Have sailed her twice. Have not sailed Majesty, but have sailed her sister the Monarch. There is no comparison in my book. Go with a lovely dinner in Chops and enjoy adults only Solarium. Happy Anniversary.

But if you have already this point system they must add up to your decision right?

Well, no, that's why I wanted input. It's pretty even right now between the two. Miami--hate to drive there but closer than Port Canaveral. Departing from PC was very easy when we did it 10 years ago. So it's a draw.

Itinerary--I like the sea day vs Key West but haven't been to Key West in ages and wouldn't drive down there. Too far and not enough of a draw. So going there as a port is a take it or leave it. So itinerary is an even match.

Majesty is a smaller ship but she'll be newly refurbished. Another draw.

In Majesty I can get a junior suite for just a little more than a balcony on Enchantment. So points to Majesty. But Enchantment has better restaurants. Point back to Enchantment.

Thus, it's pretty even, thus wanted input as I've never been on either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, no, that's why I wanted input. It's pretty even right now between the two. Miami--hate to drive there but closer than Port Canaveral. Departing from PC was very easy when we did it 10 years ago. So it's a draw.

Itinerary--I like the sea day vs Key West but haven't been to Key West in ages and wouldn't drive down there. Too far and not enough of a draw. So going there as a port is a take it or leave it. So itinerary is an even match.

Majesty is a smaller ship but she'll be newly refurbished. Another draw.

In Majesty I can get a junior suite for just a little more than a balcony on Enchantment. So points to Majesty. But Enchantment has better restaurants. Point back to Enchantment.

Thus, it's pretty even, thus wanted input as I've never been on either.

A junior suite on Majesty is about the same size as a balcony cabin on Enchantment.

A junior suite on Majesty is about the same size as a balcony cabin on Enchantment.

According to what I saw on the website, it looked like the balcony on the Majesty junior suite was way bigger.

According to what I saw on the website, it looked like the balcony on the Majesty junior suite was way bigger.

I meant the cabin itself. The junior suites on the Sovereign class ships are..............cozy. ;)

There isn't even room for a sofa/sofabed. It's really a sofachair. (I know, because I slept on it)

Just tested them and don't see an issue but try these direct links:

Thanks! That worked! Question about the coffee drinks. The sisters said they were free on the Enchantment but the sign on the menu showed prices?

Thanks! That worked! Question about the coffee drinks. The sisters said they were free on the Enchantment but the sign on the menu showed prices?

Not sure. I have seen all of their cruise videos so I get them confused sometimes. I remember Elizabeth talking about the pastries and other stuff in the glass showcase being free at the coffee bar on one of the ships. Maybe that was it?

Enchantment, no question in my mind. The adult Solarium alone makes the decision for me.

Bingo - I was just going to say that. We've been on the Majesty several times and always had a good time. We were lucky enough to get a tour of the Enchantment while she was in our home port several years ago. If I was picking one or the other, no question the Enchantment. Bigger ship, solarium as clarea mentioned and for me, Key West makes a huge point for me. I love that town. In fact, we're cruising on the Enchantment in November of this year.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I did not watch the videos, but on all the RCL ships I have been on a regular cup of coffee was free/included if you get it from the café or with dinner but you would have to pay extra for speciality coffees (lattes, expressos, cappuchinos, etc).

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Bingo - I was just going to say that. We've been on the Majesty several times and always had a good time. We were lucky enough to get a tour of the Enchantment while she was in our home port several years ago. If I was picking one or the other, no question the Enchantment. Bigger ship, solarium as clarea mentioned and for me, Key West makes a huge point for me. I love that town. In fact, we're cruising on the Enchantment in November of this year.

We're sailing for the 1st time on Enchanment in September. I'm so excited. The sisters did the walking tour in Bahamas that I'm planning to do.