Periscoping LIVE From Allure - May 15, 2016!

I'm back!

Okay, I've got a bone to pick. I read all over the internets that there is wifi available at Nachi. I was very excited to scope and write and post photos while I was there.

But there was no wifi! There was a network, but I asked like 5 of the staff there, and none of them knew the password. So I sat there and was DISCONNECTED for SEVERAL HOURS and I COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD.

I am a millennial. That was terrifying.

Mostly I'm upset I didn't get to scope from there. Oh well!

Had a great, relaxing day. I know Nachi only takes 100 guests every day, but there were a lot less than 100 people there. Probably only 40-50 max. There were plenty of beach chairs and pool chairs to go around.

1605cce148b086bdc6da0c170f5d6cd8.jpg

1d7f6ffa42a5b2cbaf9d8722dbac5a59.jpg

The beach was beautiful but the water was COLD! I stepped in for a minute and stepped right back out. Spent the rest of the day lounging by the pool. The water in the pool was perfect.

Had some delicious guacamole and taquitos for lunch. Had a ridiculous moment when I scarfed down some salsa on a chip and nearly died from how hot and spicy it was. Took me a second to remember I'm not at stupid Taco Rico in Miami Beach, I'm in MEXICO!

Threw down a margarita to cut the heat. All better!

f9aa443472d054c886337eb0b9adb365.jpg

Headed back to the ship after dinner and now I'm getting ready for tonight. Quest is tonight! [emoji322]

...But there was no wifi! There was a network, but I asked like 5 of the staff there, and none of them knew the password. So I sat there and was DISCONNECTED for SEVERAL HOURS and I COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD....

This is so strange. We were there in March, and told them up front that we wanted to use the WiFi, so they gave us the beach spots nearest to the pool area. It was not super fast, but it did work.

That IS weird cause Manuel behind the main bar gave me the password when I was there not long ago. It was good enough to Periscope. Well actually this was a bonus for you so you got to spend more time to yourself.

That IS weird cause Manuel behind the main bar gave me the password when I was there not long ago. It was good enough to Periscope. Well actually this was a bonus for you so you got to spend more time to yourself.

Manuel is the one I asked! And he asked a few others. He said "it might not be up yet," so maybe it was having problems? Who knows.

I survived. Oh well!

1c9658b2b5456eaaa1dc1d09cfe14907.jpgYay!!!!!! Finally got to meet you Celisee!!! My fellow periscope friend!!! Was great to hang out with you Today, and I look forward to more hang outs this week, when the opportunity arises!!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Fantastic pic!!!!!! You guys are great, BTW Celisee who was the 1st cruise periscoper you watched???? HAHAHA

So I sat there and was DISCONNECTED for SEVERAL HOURS and I COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD.

I am a millennial. That was terrifying.

Hahaha, reminds me of a Cable TV commercial with a family that was offline for 20 minutes and were panicking. lol

Fantastic pic!!!!!! You guys are great, BTW Celisee who was the 1st cruise periscoper you watched???? HAHAHA

Lol! Yeah yeah. I had periscope on my phone FOREVER, back when it was competing with Meerkat, which I also had. I never used it until I heard about your scopes from Anthem. I had just booked an anthem cruise (later switched it to this cruise) so I was watching you all week. Got me hooked!

"BOOM, YOURE GONE!" That caught me too ahahahahah.

Then Andrew's Allure scopes in March convinced me to do my own. Thanks guys!

Hahaha, reminds me of a Cable TV commercial with a family that was offline for 20 minutes and were panicking. lol

I'm a millennial, I work for Apple, and I'm a nerd. Take away my internet and I start getting the shakes. Hahahah

IM A SURVIVOR. I'm going to make a tee shirt like that with a no wifi symbol.

So sorry your mom is still not feeling well! Such a shame!!!! Hope she feels better soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! She is feeling better now. She has trouble walking, so she gets nervous about the walk from the ship to the taxi, even with a wheelchair or walker. It got the best of her today but she's in good spirits now.

I'm a millennial, I work for Apple, and I'm a nerd. Take away my internet and I start getting the shakes. Hahahah

IM A SURVIVOR. I'm going to make a tee shirt like that with a no wifi symbol.

You make me laugh with that comment. In Cozumel it takes a while to find 3G to be able to scope with your phone. 3G was easier to get at Playa Mia than Nachi and they aren't that far from one another.

Don't ever go to St Thomas as they don't have 3G.:eek: I could not periscope at all, until I got wifi at the beach side restaurant.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Thank you! She is feeling better now. She has trouble walking, so she gets nervous about the walk from the ship to the taxi, even with a wheelchair or walker. It got the best of her today but she's in good spirits now.

Glad to hear she is feeling better and in good spirits. Cozumel is a long walk from the pier to the taxis. It is easy to see her concern.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Non-creepy hugs to your mom. My mom suffered from RA. Had trouble walking and never wanted to use any support (walker, cane) so understand how your mom was feeling. Great to hear she is in better spirits.

Edited by jaspercat

0b0341933ebca38dcb4d6e4bccfa874f.jpg

Does anyone else feel that the Hobbit diet is the same as a cruise diet?

Mom asked me this evening if I was going to wait for her for breakfast after her dialysis. I said, "Well, no, I won't wait, but I'll just go back with you and have second breakfast because I eat like a hobbit when I'm on a cruise."

I'm the worst!

ps thanks all for the kind words towards my mom. She reads here sometimes so I'm glad to see good vibes going her way. :)

0b0341933ebca38dcb4d6e4bccfa874f.jpg

Does anyone else feel that the Hobbit diet is the same as a cruise diet?

Mom asked me this evening if I was going to wait for her for breakfast after her dialysis. I said, "Well, no, I won't wait, but I'll just go back with you and have second breakfast because I eat like a hobbit when I'm on a cruise."

I'm the worst!

Now that's funny; and ohhhhhh soooooo true!;);)

Lol! Yeah yeah. I had periscope on my phone FOREVER, back when it was competing with Meerkat, which I also had. I never used it until I heard about your scopes from Anthem. I had just booked an anthem cruise (later switched it to this cruise) so I was watching you all week. Got me hooked!

"BOOM, YOURE GONE!" That caught me too ahahahahah.

Then Andrew's Allure scopes in March convinced me to do my own. Thanks guys!

Yeah- Ken is hilarious. Love to cruise with him one day. Maybe he will join us on the 9/16/17 Harmony group cruise

Well! I just booked a cruise on Harmony for next year.

You guys, I have been taking cruises extremely irregularly since I was a child. I think in 20 years, I have only been on 8 cruises.

This harmony trip will be my third in two years. Is this how it happens? Is this how I become a cruise addict? Hahaha

I booked a boardwalk balcony cabin on Harmony for October 2017. The itinerary is what sold it for me since it goes to Labadee, St. Maarten which is a fav, and San Juan!

You guys, I have been taking cruises extremely irregularly since I was a child. I think in 20 years, I have only been on 8 cruises.

This harmony trip will be my third in two years. Is this how it happens? Is this how I become a cruise addict? Hahaha

I booked a boardwalk balcony cabin on Harmony for October 2017. The itinerary is what sold it for me since it goes to Labadee, St. Maarten which is a fav, and San Juan!

Welcome to the addiction.:)

Yes, welcome to the addiction! Living in Florida helps, too! You don't have to worry about air fare... so, I predict you will be cruising twice a year soon. There is no turning back now, Celisse [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of these recent periscopes coupled with Harmony's impressive news coverage and the current sale has us all very cruise excited. We booked a few in 17 and one in 18 to lock in prices now! RCCL should pay all of you great periscopers!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

The itinerary is what sold it for me since it goes to Labadee, St. Maarten which is a fav, and San Juan!

These are the ports that I'm looking at booking on the Oasis for September 2017. That will be our first RCCL cruise but DH and I are already getting excited.