Periscoping LIVE From Allure - May 15, 2016!

All of these recent periscopes coupled with Harmony's impressive news coverage and the current sale has us all very cruise excited. We booked a few in 17 and one in 18 to lock in prices now! RCCL should pay all of you great periscopers!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Haha! I wish. They can send all of the periscopers on a group cruise. I'd love a periscope cruise with Andrew and kcjarvis and Kat and Emmy and everyone. :)

Disney often sends groups of YouTubers on sponsored trips so they can vlog their experiences. Come on, RCI! Haha

These are the ports that I'm looking at booking on the Oasis for September 2017. That will be our first RCCL cruise but DH and I are already getting excited.

The current pre-San Juan itineraries for the Oasis class are a little disappointing for me. For example, on the eastern route, I can't with Nassau. It's a waste of a port in my opinion. On the Western route, I could do without Falmouth. So the new itinerary of SJ, St Maarten and Labadee is perfect, because I like all of those ports!

Yes, welcome to the addiction! Living in Florida helps, too! You don't have to worry about air fare... so, I predict you will be cruising twice a year soon. There is no turning back now, Celisse [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh goodness. I did these last two 6 months apart and it was too much. I need a raise before I can think about doing two a year. I guess it's incentive to work harder towards a promotion haha!

Did you enjoy the Captain's Corner this morning? Anything interesting to report?

Well I'm finally packing up, trying to get it done early so I can watch karaoke tonight.

I go back to work on Tuesday, so I'll work on getting up the rest of my "live" review between Sunday and Monday, plus compasses and photos :)

Well I'm finally packing up, trying to get it done early so I can watch karaoke tonight.

I go back to work on Tuesday, so I'll work on getting up the rest of my "live" review between Sunday and Monday, plus compasses and photos :)

Gonna post this on my thread and Kat's thread so everyone knows.

Kat and I are going to do a cruise Q&A periscope tonight around 8:30PM EST from Central Park. It will be hosted on my profile: periscope.tv/celisse.

If you're not able to make it feel free to post some questions here so we can read them. Thanks!

You two have me thinking I will have to change my wifi to streaming so I can scope some of my trip in Sept. :)

What ship are you sailing on in Sept? Allure? I'll be on the 25th sept Allure!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Gonna post this on my thread and Kat's thread so everyone knows.

Kat and I are going to do a cruise Q&A periscope tonight around 8:30PM EST from Central Park. It will be hosted on my profile: periscope.tv/celisse.

If you're not able to make it feel free to post some questions here so we can read them. Thanks!

Pharaoh and Kat, Hi! Been great following you two on your vacation.

Pharaoh, you would hate me. I'm a social media non-entity by choice. I email, send a few text messages and post on some message boards, that's it! No apps 'cuz phones are for calling people! I prefer to talk to people and will strike up conversations with strangers on my travels often and with some great results.

But I am good at riding motorcycles and drinking beer after the ride is done! (Like now)

Did you happen to notice if the 10 drink cards were offered? And if buckets of beer were offered around a pool bar (and price)?

SWMBO and I are on the Allure in January. Is there something that either of you said "I didn't expect to see this" and now it's on your must see/do list, and conversely anything that you were looking forward to and said "You know, we probably should have skipped this and done something else."

Thanks, Steve

P.S. Gold star for both of you.

GOLDSTAR.gif

Celisse, just a quick note to say thanks for bringing us along on your cruise holiday. I have throughly enjoyed it. Even though your mom didn't make it Nachi with you it was great to see the two of you having time together. Moments you will never forget.

Even though you have a short drive home to your doggie (if I remember correctly) I wish you a safe one. It always feels good to get home even though it is fun to get away.

As I said to Kat, the joint scope tons get was a nice way to finish up "our" part of your holiday. If you feel like inviting me along on another periscope cruise I will be there. Thank-you again.

58f9176abfb5987667a8938c998b4837.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well! I just booked a cruise on Harmony for next year.

You guys, I have been taking cruises extremely irregularly since I was a child. I think in 20 years, I have only been on 8 cruises.

This harmony trip will be my third in two years. Is this how it happens? Is this how I become a cruise addict? Hahaha

I booked a boardwalk balcony cabin on Harmony for October 2017. The itinerary is what sold it for me since it goes to Labadee, St. Maarten which is a fav, and San Juan!

Awesome, can't wait to see your Harmony blog and scope.

Funny that in 2 weeks on the Allure we have that same itinerary, St. Maarten, Labadee, San Juan and 3 sea days, I love the sea days!

Awesome, can't wait to see your Harmony blog and scope.

Funny that in 2 weeks on the Allure we have that same itinerary, St. Maarten, Labadee, San Juan and 3 sea days, I love the sea days!

If possible could your post the compasses when you return? I believe you are on the first sailing of this itinerary of Allure and we are doing it in August. I like the ports of call and the sea days too.

Thanks for your consideration.

Celisse, just a quick note to say thanks for bringing us along on your cruise holiday. I have throughly enjoyed it. Even though your mom didn't make it Nachi with you it was great to see the two of you having time together. Moments you will never forget.

Even though you have a short drive home to your doggie (if I remember correctly) I wish you a safe one. It always feels good to get home even though it is fun to get away.

As I said to Kat, the joint scope tons get was a nice way to finish up "our" part of your holiday. If you feel like inviting me along on another periscope cruise I will be there. Thank-you again.

58f9176abfb5987667a8938c998b4837.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for the kind words! I've been on CC for about a decade but never really felt like a part of the community until I started interacting on Periscope and finally broadcasted on my own.

I've been following in the footsteps that you and others (namely kcjarvis, Michael Poole, and bugsycruiser) created! I'm glad there's a little sub community of periscopers on CC and I hope this tradition continues as a new way to share experiences with others!

As I've said before, I also appreciate all the kinds words for my mom. She is a nervous traveler but had a great time overall. You should have seen her at the quest last night lol!

And yes, I'm picking up my dog Lulu on Monday because they're closed on Sunday [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] I miss her a lot!

Who is periscoping next?!

Great job this week Celisse. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you! I forgot to include you above but you also inspired me to periscope after I watched your scopes a while ago. Thank you for sharing! :)

I am so happy[emoji4] I got to meet your mom, and you, and Hang out with you, and Cruise together!!! You are a Awesome Person!!! We need to keep in touch. And would love to Cruise again anytime in the Future with you!!!!! Save travels!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What the heck is periscoping? A periscope is a visual device used on a submarine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the unnecessary vocabulary lesson.

It is also an app used for live streaming to the Internet. A lot of CC folks have been using it to broadcast their activities onboard and in port for us at home. It adds another layer to the live blog/review experience.

I am so happy[emoji4] I got to meet your mom, and you, and Hang out with you, and Cruise together!!! You are a Awesome Person!!! We need to keep in touch. And would love to Cruise again anytime in the Future with you!!!!! Save travels!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same to you Kat and to everyone in our roll call groups. Such a fun and friendly group. It was so nice to meet all of you. [emoji5]

Great job wth the scopes Kat and Celisse!:) I will miss them.

I agree they did an outstanding job on their scopes, I will also miss them. I thought the closing scope last night was a really great idea. I might do that myself after my next cruise.

But no worries Bob you will have me doing scopes daily from Allure in 2 weeks from today! @mpoole3

I agree they did an outstanding job on their scopes, I will also miss them. I thought the closing scope last night was a really great idea. I might do that myself after my next cruise.

But no worries Bob you will have me doing scopes daily from Allure in 2 weeks from today! @mpoole3

Looking forward to it Michael!:)

What the heck is periscoping? A periscope is a visual device used on a submarine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A week ago I might have had the same question. I was looking for interesting threads about Allure and found Kat's and Clarissa's threads on periscoping. You can download the Periscope app to your device and watch live streaming events. In this case Clarissa and Kat did a lot of broadcasts on Allure. They were fantastic!

If possible could your post the compasses when you return? I believe you are on the first sailing of this itinerary of Allure and we are doing it in August. I like the ports of call and the sea days too.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi Andrew,

I am on that first sailing on Allure in two weeks as well. We already had a couple of people pop on to our roll call to ask someone to post the compasses when we return. The funny thing is, based on the show schedules in our cruise planner, I have your Western itinerary compasses from March saved to my phone and I am using those as a best guess guide for our cruise. :D

Brad

Pharaoh and Kat, Hi! Been great following you two on your vacation.

Pharaoh, you would hate me. I'm a social media non-entity by choice. I email, send a few text messages and post on some message boards, that's it! No apps 'cuz phones are for calling people! I prefer to talk to people and will strike up conversations with strangers on my travels often and with some great results.

But I am good at riding motorcycles and drinking beer after the ride is done! (Like now)

Did you happen to notice if the 10 drink cards were offered? And if buckets of beer were offered around a pool bar (and price)?

SWMBO and I are on the Allure in January. Is there something that either of you said "I didn't expect to see this" and now it's on your must see/do list, and conversely anything that you were looking forward to and said "You know, we probably should have skipped this and done something else."

Thanks, Steve

P.S. Gold star for both of you.

GOLDSTAR.gif

Thank you for following along and for the nice comments! I forgot to respond to this when I was being sassy upthread.

I did not see any drink cards, and I was on the look out for them.

I did see beer buckets around the pool, but I apologize, I didn't notice the price.

For something we didn't expect and enjoyed, probably the ice show, Ice Games. We did reserve it so I guess it wasn't a surprise or anything, but we enjoyed it a lot more than I thought we would. It was really well done and was my favorite of the three shows we saw (Mamma Mia, Ice Games, and Blue Planet).

This wasn't a surprise either, but the Love & Marriage game, which is always a good time, was EXTRA hilarious this trip.

For something we should have skipped, I don't think there was anything I did that I thought was kinda disappointing. Normally, mom and I play a lot of Bingo and we have had a lot of fun doing it on previous trips, but this time, the Bingo Host was really boring and didn't have much interaction with the players. He was friendly enough, just dull. He did a couple of trivias that were also really lackluster, and on our previous trip, I watched a game show he hosted (60 Seconds or Less) which was also REALLY boring. So, I think it's him.

I also didn't love Blue Planet. I know others LOVE the show, but it didn't wow me. I saw Ocean Aria last time, which is why we didn't see it this time, and I loved that show a lot more than Blue Planet.