Disappearing luggage????

What is the naughty room for luggage? Or why? Lol

Naughty room is when you try to smuggle alcohol in your suitcase. You are sent to the naughty room to pick up your suitcase minus your bottle [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not just alcohol, any prohibited item.

Power boards.

One pair of newlyweds padded hand cuffs.....

Thats the thing thats scaring me the most, I need to have my fan for when I sleep otherwise I cannot get to sleep, thats why I would have liked to bring a powrboard with us as I am bringing my laptop with me aswell. Unless I ring up Carnival cruise lines and asked if I can bring one?

Naughty room is when you try to smuggle alcohol in your suitcase. You are sent to the naughty room to pick up your suitcase minus your bottle [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In my case it was a powerboard, not alcohol.

Thats the thing thats scaring me the most, I need to have my fan for when I sleep otherwise I cannot get to sleep, thats why I would have liked to bring a powrboard with us as I am bringing my laptop with me aswell. Unless I ring up Carnival cruise lines and asked if I can bring one?

Different cruise lines have different policies when it comes to powerboards.

They're banned on Royal Caribbean. They're allowed on Princess and P&O.

Not sure about Carnival.

All cruise lines permit the use of double adapters, which may be enough for your purposes.

Not sure about Carnival.

All cruise lines permit the use of double adapters, which may be enough for your purposes.

Princess were really clamping down on surge protected boards in October.

Not sure about Carnival.

FWIW, it was recently posted on FB that Carnival have cracked down on powerboards & are confiscating them at embarkation.

• 4 weeks later...

South American cruise 49i days One friend (male) did not get nhis luggage AT ALL the whole cruise it was returned to his house 4/5 weeks after he return ed home. He was given cash to set himself up with everything he needed for the whole cruise including suitcase which he did (I believe - not sure about $2000)

Its depends on which Carnival ship you are going on...

If you are going on the Carnival Legend, then I suggest you put it in your check in bags, as they might take it off you if you put in your hand luggage.

We went on the Carnival Legend and had a power board in my backpack and we had a great problem getting it on, but we got it on.

I think Carnival Spirit is not as bad, but I would still put it in your check in bags.

Hope this helps.

On one of our P&O Aust cruises about two years ago, when we where disembarking in Auckland one couple took two of our bags!, as they looked the same as there's!! (They did not check the luggage tags!!), they only difference was ours had a strap around them, there didn't.

Thankfully the ports agents where very helpful in contacting that couple and getting our bags back.

On one of our P&O Aust cruises about two years ago, when we where disembarking in Auckland one couple took two of our bags!, as they looked the same as there's!! (They did not check the luggage tags!!), they only difference was ours had a strap around them, there didn't.

Thankfully the ports agents where very helpful in contacting that couple and getting our bags back.

It happens at airports too, almost happened several times to us, and once when the bag looked completely different to mine, some people.:(

I accidentally "stole" a bag when I disembarked from the Aria in March :eek:. I had borrowed a suitcase from my niece and I didn't even think twice when I collected it with my mum's bag right next to it and rolled it out of the terminal... Fortunately we were one of the last few to disembark so it was only about 10 mins before my bag was left sitting in the terminal, with a man who was missing his bag! The port staff called my mobile number that was on my bag and I had to wheel the "stolen" bag back inside...very embarrassing because I'm usually pretty switched on about that sort of stuff :eek:.

It happens at airports too, almost happened several times to us, and once when the bag looked completely different to mine, some people.:(

It also happened to us at an airport. I have a bright red & yellow logo painted on three sides of all our bags. Despite this someone grabbed one of them and started heading towards customs. Luckily an eagle-eyed customs officer spotted us standing at the carousel with the matching bag and asked the guy that had made off with it if he was really sure that it was his bag. The customs guy couldn't believe that anyone could miss those markings on the bag.

It also happened to us at an airport. I have a bright red & yellow logo painted on three sides of all our bags. Despite this someone grabbed one of them and started heading towards customs. Luckily an eagle-eyed customs officer spotted us standing at the carousel with the matching bag and asked the guy that had made off with it if he was really sure that it was his bag. The customs guy couldn't believe that anyone could miss those markings on the bag.

Luckily for you the customs guy was on the ball.:D

I accidentally "stole" a bag when I disembarked from the Aria in March :eek:. I had borrowed a suitcase from my niece and I didn't even think twice when I collected it with my mum's bag right next to it and rolled it out of the terminal... Fortunately we were one of the last few to disembark so it was only about 10 mins before my bag was left sitting in the terminal, with a man who was missing his bag! The port staff called my mobile number that was on my bag and I had to wheel the "stolen" bag back inside...very embarrassing because I'm usually pretty switched on about that sort of stuff :eek:.

That would have been embarrassing.:o

Luckily for you the customs guy was on the ball.:D

It certainly was. However we do cross-pack, so even if one bag went missing we'd both have a selection of clothing to suit most occasions, and I carry a mini set of toiletries in my carry-on.

It certainly was. However we do cross-pack, so even if one bag went missing we'd both have a selection of clothing to suit most occasions, and I carry a mini set of toiletries in my carry-on.

We also cross pack and always have a spare change in our carry on just in case both bags don't make it.

We haven't had a luggage problem on a ship, but Princess managed to leave our luggage and that of several others at a hotel in Anchorage Alaska when our tour moved on to the next stop. It was a beautiful day at MtMcKinley and we wanted to use the spa, but couldn't as our bathers were in the missing luggage. They were rather horrified when I suggested that if they didn't find our luggage soon I would go in that spa without the bathers. When I mentioned that my husband's CPAP machine was in the missing luggage we finally got some action. Princess employees were sent from each location and met half way with the forgotten bags, and we eventually received them around 11pm.

We haven't had a luggage problem on a ship, but Princess managed to leave our luggage and that of several others at a hotel in Anchorage Alaska when our tour moved on to the next stop. It was a beautiful day at MtMcKinley and we wanted to use the spa, but couldn't as our bathers were in the missing luggage. They were rather horrified when I suggested that if they didn't find our luggage soon I would go in that spa without the bathers. When I mentioned that my husband's CPAP machine was in the missing luggage we finally got some action. Princess employees were sent from each location and met half way with the forgotten bags, and we eventually received them around 11pm.

That was lucky they got your luggage to you in the end.:D

Don't feel too bad about it. This happens at least once or twice on pretty much every debark :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad: