Caribbean 2017/2018 Itineraries

whatcruiseisnext

No way to really know, but we're booking on the first day because we want a certain cabin. If we wait, our preferred cabin might be gone.

Thanks for letting me know. I might have to get in early as well.

Chez

someone was told on board May 18th

I got an email from a TA today (one that I don't use so can't vouch for their info) that said the 19th.

So if you are interested, check both days.

Was disappointed to see the Royal doesn't start in the Caribbean until November 5th next year. In 2015 we cruised starting on October 1st. 2016 we are leaving on October 27th. The November 5th start for a 10 day cruise pushes us into unmovable work obligations. Sigh.

Was disappointed to see the Royal doesn't start in the Caribbean until November 5th next year. In 2015 we cruised starting on October 1st. 2016 we are leaving on October 27th. The November 5th start for a 10 day cruise pushes us into unmovable work obligations. Sigh.

Often they are in Canada NE in October.

Often they are in Canada NE in October.

I am just sad to see the date creep later and later. 10 years ago I was able to go to the Caribbean all through September which is a great time for us to travel. Now, I am fairly certain that Princess has abandoned that time frame partially due to hurricane potential...having been on a seriously ill fated hurricane cruise myself. But still sad.

Normally South America is included in the Exotics release, but Australia and the South Pacific (the other "exotics") are already open for booking.

By process of elimination you can assume Emerald Princess will be going around the Horn. So only other question is the whereabouts of Pacific Princess. World Cruise or farewell to the fleet? Your guess is as good as mine.

Four Panama Canal cruises on the Pacific are on the schedule between 12/22/17 and 05/05/18 so she will be around until then.

Normally South America is included in the Exotics release, but Australia and the South Pacific (the other "exotics") are already open for booking.

By process of elimination you can assume Emerald Princess will be going around the Horn. So only other question is the whereabouts of Pacific Princess. World Cruise or farewell to the fleet? Your guess is as good as mine.

Believe you are correct about the Emerald as she has an open slot between 11/24/17 and 03/18/18 which would be the South American season,

Four Panama Canal cruises on the Pacific are on the schedule between 12/22/17 and 05/05/18 so she will be around until then.

Yup, I noticed that later in the day after I posted. Back and forth thru the Canal framing the World Cruise just as the preceding two years.

I wonder if Princess is having trouble finding a buyer, or if whoever they might be negotiating with keeps delaying the proposed handover date. The muted reception for Ocean Princess' conversion to Oceania Sirena likely isn't helping--or is helping from the perspective of keeping Pacific in the fleet. (I would be interested in one of Pacific's canal transits if they weren't nearly twice the cost of the same itinerary on Coral or Island). But there's no question that the fans of the Renaissance-class ships who have faithfully followed them from one incarnation to another are rapidly dwindling in number.

Hi and thanks or the update! :)

Great to see that Coral Princess is doing most of the 15 night Panama/Central America runs during winter 2017/18 - which is not refurbished as bad as Island Princess is... :rolleyes: :)

Interesting, that Caribbean is about to pass the new Panama Locks- are they due to be finished in 2017?

I also like the new, 14 night Caribbean runs, also operated by Caribbean Princess - so they are competing with Celebrity again... :)

i am just wondering why the 10 night Baja Mexico/Sea of Cortez run out of Los Angeles is offered so rarely - is that itinerary not demanded that much??

I totally agree. While we were looking for October 2018 seeing that there are no october sailings doing the 10 eastern we are not holding our breathe that there will be any in 2018 so are now looking at doing it in April 2018. We loved the water temp in October. Last March water was a bit cool for me..I think caribbean I think warm clear water. Lets hope April waters are warmer than March and not too many Spring breakers on the 4/9/18 cruise.

Is Princess usually this late releasing their deployment ?

The summer 2017 deployment was released untypically early, in Dec 2015 already.

But the winter deployment is released very late by many cruise lines...

NCL and HAL also do not have released most of their winter deployment 2017/18. :rolleyes:

FYI: Emerald Princess sails the South America/Cape Horn cruises in winter 2017/18.

I totally agree. While we were looking for October 2018 seeing that there are no october sailings doing the 10 eastern we are not holding our breathe that there will be any in 2018 so are now looking at doing it in April 2018. We loved the water temp in October. Last March water was a bit cool for me..I think caribbean I think warm clear water. Lets hope April waters are warmer than March and not too many Spring breakers on the 4/9/18 cruise.

Hmm. I hadn't thought of the water temperature being noticeably cooler in the spring. My first reaction was to look in April/May also, but I need to rethink my life [emoji6]. A large amount of the appeal is too be warm...since it snowed here yesterday...

Had a thought last night...too bad we cant contact princess or have enough people post about how sad this is and hopefully princess will bring back october sailings to the carib....i also noticed hardly any to none in October for hawaii out of LA...uggh:(

Had a thought last night...too bad we cant contact princess or have enough people post about how sad this is and hopefully princess will bring back october sailings to the carib....i also noticed hardly any to none in October for hawaii out of LA...uggh:(

Wish I had any hope that this would make a difference....

Wish I had any hope that this would make a difference....

Well we all complained about the lack of an aft pool on the royal ship and no promenade and princess gave regal an aft pool and expanded more of the promenade deck...

someone was told on board May 18th

I got an email from a TA today (one that I don't use so can't vouch for their info) that said the 19th.

So if you are interested, check both days.

Hopefully we will know soon!