W-GTY question

krb1000

We were booked and paid in an Aqua cabin on a June 19th sailing. On Monday, May 9 we had the opportunity to upgrade to a W GTY Suite...for the same price as our Aqua. My question is this: when can we expect to receive our cabin assignment? TIA

We were booked and paid in an Aqua cabin on a June 19th sailing. On Monday, May 9 we had the opportunity to upgrade to a W GTY Suite...for the same price as our Aqua. My question is this: when can we expect to receive our cabin assignment? TIA

Keep checking on "My Celebrity" account as they will assign a stateroom without telling you.

Since the PH is the only Suite open on your cruise, they will be doing a daisy chain of upgrades for everyone if it doesn't sell out. You will be the last to find out.

Keep checking on "My Celebrity" account as they will assign a stateroom without telling you.

Since the PH is the only Suite open on your cruise, they will be doing a daisy chain of upgrades for everyone if it doesn't sell out. You will be the last to find out.

There is more than one cruise departing June 19. We did this on the June 19 Silhouette cruise and we were assigned a cabin within a day. Call your TA or celebrity if you are concerned.

We did this 4 weeks prior to sailing last March. Very few suite cabins left and as Wine-O put it, we were involved in a daisy-chain situation. We actually met the folks who gave up our S1 for a RS. We did not get the assignment until 3 days before we sailed from Singapore.

There is more than one cruise departing June 19. We did this on the June 19 Silhouette cruise and we were assigned a cabin within a day. Call your TA or celebrity if you are concerned.

If you clicked on the OP's name, you will find out that they are on the 19 June Eclipse Roll Call. Once I found out they were talking about Eclipse, I found out that all the Suites were sold out except the PH.

Dear All, Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I rec'd an email from X this morning saying my e- docs are ready to print. Upon checking them,the note next to cabin says GTY. So perhaps we won't find out until a day or two before sailing. It's all good :-). We are after all, now sailing in a suite!

Thanks again

Edited by krb1000

If you clicked on the OP's name, you will find out that they are on the 19 June Eclipse Roll Call. Once I found out they were talking about Eclipse, I found out that all the Suites were sold out except the PH.

Well done Detective Wine-O! :D Hope they get the PH in the end.

Dear All, Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I rec'd an email from X this morning saying my e- docs are ready to print. Upon checking them,the note next to cabin says GTY. So perhaps we won't find out until a day or two before sailing. It's all good :-). We are after all, now sailing in a suite!

Thanks again

We took a last minute suite GTY on Reflection. The only Suites showing were CS and RS. We ended up with an aft S1. We were happy.

Thanks again

We sincerely hope you get a great room!

• 5 weeks later...

We have only booked a GTY once and it worked out great, but we didn't book until after final payment date. If you book GTY well in advance of final payment is the cabin not assigned until after final payment?

We have only booked a GTY once and it worked out great, but we didn't book until after final payment date. If you book GTY well in advance of final payment is the cabin not assigned until after final payment?

We have booked W-GTY staterooms three times. Twice we booked them well in advance of the final payment date. Both of those times we were assigned a SS2 stateroom within days of booking.

Hello, OP here, one week after we switched from Aqua to GTY we were assigned an S1 aft...needless to say we are delighted. :-)

Brilliant assignment - Congrats!

Heather