On board Booking

Teach2cruise4fun

Thanks so much!

I have never done a FCC. So we each pay $100 and that is the deposit for our future cruise. How does the OBC work? Do we get OBC for the cruise we are on plus the new booking?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just confused. Thanks!

Thanks so much!

I have never done a FCC. So we each pay $100 and that is the deposit for our future cruise. How does the OBC work? Do we get OBC for the cruise we are on plus the new booking?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just confused. Thanks!

You get the OBC only on the cruise for which you book using the FCC

All of the "benefits" are on the new cruise. And the FCC is per person' date=' so if there are 2 of you, you'll want to purchase at least 2 of them. They are good for 2 years, and will be refunded if not used by that time.[/quote']

For awareness, FCCs will auto-refund at the 2 year mark unless you commit them to a booking (which could be anything currently offered, so it could be a cruise ~18 months in the future) or you contact your TA (or Princess) to bump out the expiration date by a year. If you bump it out by a year, you should make sure your credit card details are refreshed, and you can bump it out a second time, after which I believe they expire and refund.

Three other points:

1. They charge the credit card you have on file for your onboard account, but it is a separate charge from your cruise. Not sure if you can use a different card if you sit down with the Future Cruise person - we just fill out the form and drop it in their box. The FCC comes as an email and also appears in your My Princess account.

2. If you book with only one FCC, the second person does only pay $100 at the time but will not get the OBC. This is why you need to use two FCC to book a cruise. The amount of the OBC depends on the length of the new cruise.

3. If you don't extend an FCC they automatically return your money, but it is done as a check in an envelope that looks like junk mail that is NOT from Princess.

For awareness, FCCs will auto-refund at the 2 year mark

We just yesterday got two unexpected refund checks from Princess. I have no idea how that happened.

FYI, the FCCs are only for the first two passengers per cabin & the third or fourth pax do not get this benefit.

Steve

Three other points:

1. They charge the credit card you have on file for your onboard account, but it is a separate charge from your cruise. Not sure if you can use a different card if you sit down with the Future Cruise person - we just fill out the form and drop it in their box. The FCC comes as an email and also appears in your My Princess account.

2. If you book with only one FCC, the second person does only pay $100 at the time but will not get the OBC. This is why you need to use two FCC to book a cruise. The amount of the OBC depends on the length of the new cruise.

3. If you don't extend an FCC they automatically return your money, but it is done as a check in an envelope that looks like junk mail that is NOT from Princess.

On item 2 - Each person should have a FCC when booking. If a person has 2 and their companion has none, they would use one to book the cruise, pay $100 for a deposit for the second person and only the person with the FCC would get the OBC.

a) You can book almost all cruises with a $100 deposit

b) You get the OBC/pp that is associated with the length of cruise you booked, for example for a 7 day cruise OBC is $25 Inside/Outside, $50 Balcony/Suite.

c) You can assign your booking to a T.A. at the time of booking or have the booking transferred to a T.A.once you return home.

d) You can speak with the booking rep that has all the cabin information available right there on the computer.

or

e) You can just purchase a fully refundable future cruise deposits while on board. These give you the benefits of a, b, and c for bookings up to two years after purchase. This is what we do. It gives you time to think while you are not in the cruise state of mind.

We buy our FFCs on board but wait to book when we get home.

Our travel agent is also emailed a copy.

We do the same. I have always found whatever price they are offering on board, we can find it cheaper on line when we get back.

I always have at least one FCC on file.Should have at least two.

Yes, at least two. You never know when you might book a B2B or more. Sometimes with multiple FCCs it is advantageous to book longer cruises as shorter segments if offered.

You have to do the math to figure out which approach is better as differences in segment fares versus the whole cruise fare, OBC such as shareholder, military and FCC credits all make a difference.

Got caught short in 2014 as a great deal came up and only had one FCC available for what was effectively a B2B (transferred ships in FLL). Had to actually pay a full deposit! OMG :eek:

I have always found whatever price they are offering on board, we can find it cheaper on line when we get back.

One time we had booked on board and two days later the price dropped. We went back to Future Cruise Sales and she was glad to reissue the tickets at the lower price.

One caveat for calling Princess for a price drop...If you book at a SALE price and then make a change later (after the sale is over) you will lose any sale incentives (OBCs, free tips, etc.) you got earlier.

Steve

On item 2 - Each person should have a FCC when booking. If a person has 2 and their companion has none, they would use one to book the cruise, pay $100 for a deposit for the second person and only the person with the FCC would get the OBC.

Good point not mentioned yet in this thread. The FCC are for a specific person, and that person has to be on the current cruise. Not transferable. So if you buy two it should be for the two people in your current cabin. As Paul929207 says if you use just one FCC the second person pays $100 deposit but doesn't get OBC. So buy for each person.

The only benefit we have found is the FCC you can buy and use either on board or once your home. You get the same deals that you can get online or calling Princess. We have booked when on a cruise before but had done our research and we new the prices and what we wanted. No deal though.

Oh I was going to ask about this...fortunately my wife and I each bought separate ones on our last cruise as opposed to me buying two. Good to know!