Aqua Class : Lunch Option

angelhelly

Hi, Silly question.

Going on the Solstice in less than 2 weeks! so excited!

I'm in Aqua Class. Is Blu Open for Lunch? If not, what are the options on the ship?

I know what is on Celebrity website is not always up to date....

Hi, Silly question.

Going on the Solstice in less than 2 weeks! so excited!

I'm in Aqua Class. Is Blu Open for Lunch? If not, what are the options on the ship?

I know what is on Celebrity website is not always up to date....

Blu is not open for lunch. Aqua Spa used to be good, now just soso. Oceanview is feeding frenzy. But it has the most choices. The mast grill has hamburgers and hot dog. There is also Bistro on 5. The main dining room is open on sea days.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ozark74

We were just on Summit in Aqua class. From what I saw the buffet and Bistro on five. The MDR had a sign that it was open for concierge class. Blu was closed. We has ours in the buffet.

Sorry, I was talking about embarkation day.

We were just on Summit in Aqua class. From what I saw the buffet and Bistro on five. The MDR had a sign that it was open for concierge class. Blu was closed. We has ours in the buffet.

I'm thinking it is strange that if you are paying more for Aqua class, you should get more benefits, not less than Concierge class. I'm confused -- perhaps Celebrity wants to phase out Aqua class?

I'm thinking it is strange that if you are paying more for Aqua class, you should get more benefits, not less than Concierge class. I'm confused -- perhaps Celebrity wants to phase out Aqua class?

I tend to think they are trying to up the benefits a bit since many frequent cruisers know the benefits for concierge are very weak and not worth the extra money. Remember that initially when Blu came out on the Solstice several years ago, suite members were not able to eat there. It was only after complaints that they paid more that Celebrity let them eat in Blu. You still every once in awhile see a complaint that I paid more whey should AQ patrons get priority.

Edited by dkjretired

I tend to think they are trying to up the benefits a bit since many frequent cruisers know the benefits for concierge are very weak and not worth the extra money. Remember that initially when Blu came out on the Solstice several years ago, suite members were not able to eat there. It was only after complaints that they paid more that Celebrity let them eat in Blu. You still every once in awhile see a complaint that I paid more whey should AQ patrons get priority.

I'm thinking that Aqua should get everything concierge level would receive plus Blu. I did pay a great deal more than concierge. So, for me the choice becomes to downgrade to concierge given the bad press Blu is receiving these days.

I'm thinking that Aqua should get everything concierge level would receive plus Blu. I did pay a great deal more than concierge. So, for me the choice becomes to downgrade to concierge given the bad press Blu is receiving these days.

What bad press, haven't seen any changes, some people don't like it, most do, it's been that way for years.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about CC vs Aqua. I do think that X recently decided to add benefits for CC because most people knew that it was very very weak, and not worth the extra $$

So they added this •NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• Priority check-in

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

• Exclusive pre-departure lounge

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

But didn't add these to Aqua. Very odd.

It would be nice if they would clearly make Aqua everything CC + the Aqua benefits.

So, for me the choice becomes to downgrade to concierge given the bad press Blu is receiving these days.

Are you saying you would downgrade for the sake of one meal on embarkation day? Besides, embarkation lunch in the buffet is one of the least crowded meals you'll find in there, as many folks are not yet on the ship.

As an aside, we have been in AQ each of our last 4 cruises and the food on Equinox in January was improved over Eclipse the year before (and Eclipse had been very good IMHO).

I think the only real benefit of Aqua class is Blu. We like the small dinning room vs the large MDR. I used to think the bottled water was a plus however that has stopped plus the free beverage package included that. We sail the M class ships and I think the rooms on deck 9 and 11 are not that great so this is a way to sell them.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about CC vs Aqua. I do think that X recently decided to add benefits for CC because most people knew that it was very very weak, and not worth the extra $$

So they added this •NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• Priority check-in

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

• Exclusive pre-departure lounge

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

But didn't add these to Aqua. Very odd.

It would be nice if they would clearly make Aqua everything CC + the Aqua benefits.

Actually until about a year ago, the web site very clearly for years stated Aqua Class gets all benefits of CC plus the Aqua benefits. The ebrochures say you get most of the benefits of CC plus.

The only thing new in the list you provided are the three Concierge entries and the lunch. The rest of the items have always been in CC and also are in Aqua. I do agree they are doing it to make CC seem more attractive.

Edited by dkjretired

It is incorrect to keep assuming that Aqua is always more expensive than Concierge. I have had zero interest in booking Aqua but that is exactly what I did for my next cruise in 11 days. An aft Aqua was cheaper than the aft Concierge. It was not a sale - I booked it over two years ago. I have zero interest in Blu - it had no bearing in booking Aqua - although I do think my husband might like it.

As someone who sometimes books Concierge (when it gets me a larger cabin or I needed some extra CC points) I am 100% convinced that in order to charge more for Concierge cabins - they have to show some differentiation between that and Aqua. I think this lunch is a move in that direction and I can't believe that people are begrudging 1 meal that they don't get, perhaps they will change it if enough people complain.

IF Celebrity was smart they would include AQ in the lunch. While visiting at lunch with one another the AQ passengers would "sell" the benefits(BLU and spa) of AQ to the CCer's. Just a thought, CELEBRITY.

Not necessarily the case. Some pax do not like the position of the AQ cabins and so wouldn't consider the move ;). After attending the Elite Tea in Blu, I'm not too sure I would like to eat in there every evening either - the tables were so close together that I felt I was taking food off the gentleman sitting next to me :eek:. I like the concept of smaller restaurants, but as we always travel in a party of at least 7, I'd prefer a little more room between other guests ;).

As I said on one of the other threads concerning the differences between CC and AQ, on both of our next 2 cruises, AQ cabins are cheaper than CC. So I can't accept the argument that AQ should have everything that CC has as well as their own perks when often they are actually paying less than CC.

Not necessarily the case. Some pax do not like the position of the AQ cabins and so wouldn't consider the move ;). After attending the Elite Tea in Blu, I'm not too sure I would like to eat in there every evening either - the tables were so close together that I felt I was taking food off the gentleman sitting next to me :eek:. I like the concept of smaller restaurants, but as we always travel in a party of at least 7, I'd prefer a little more room between other guests ;).

As I said on one of the other threads concerning the differences between CC and AQ, on both of our next 2 cruises, AQ cabins are cheaper than CC. So I can't accept the argument that AQ should have everything that CC has as well as their own perks when often they are actually paying less than CC.

Our first AQ is in July on the Summit, so it remains to be seen how we feel about it. We have another AQ booked for Feb. 2017. Both these AQ's were very good deals, and more expensive than CC. We are working our way to Elite so the 5 points are also a factor for us. We have a total of 5 upcoming Celebrity cruises booked. Two are in AQ, one in an inside, and 2 in OV.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Actually sometimes price about the same for CC and AQ. IMO the location of the CC cabins are better as they aren't under public space. Blu IMO isn't as it was the first couple of times we sailed in AQ on Celebrity- getting tired- need new menus. We aren't fans of the teas-odors in the AQ cabins or the persian garden- so we typically either book a suite or CC. The cabins, on the Summit for the CC and AQ are the same size. AQ cabins are newer so the decor is different in the cabins. On the Solstice class ships the Balcony cabins are also the same size as both CC and AQ. So if you want the best of all worlds , book a decently located Balcony cabin and enjoy dinner at all of the speciality restaurants with the savings. We do this if SS are too expensive for a particular cruise.

We enjoy our boarding lunch at Bistro on Five or Sushi on Five. A nice way to start your cruise experience- Costing just a few dollars.

Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

Actually sometimes price about the same for CC and AQ. IMO the location of the CC cabins are better as they aren't under public space. Blu IMO isn't as it was the first couple of times we sailed in AQ on Celebrity- getting tired- need new menus. We aren't fans of the teas-odors in the AQ cabins or the persian garden- so we typically either book a suite or CC. The cabins, on the Summit for the CC and AQ are the same size. AQ cabins are newer so the decor is different in the cabins. On the Solstice class ships the Balcony cabins are also the same size as both CC and AQ. So if you want the best of all worlds , book a decently located Balcony cabin and enjoy dinner at all of the speciality restaurants with the savings. We do this if SS are too expensive for a particular cruise.

We enjoy our boarding lunch at Bistro on Five or Sushi on Five. A nice way to start your cruise experience- Costing just a few dollars.

Enjoy

We will be on the Celebrity Constellation, which I believe is Millennium Class. I don't know much about the differences between Solstice and Millennium and if anyone can enlighten me, it would be appreciated.

I had booked Aqua before the Concierge changes. I am hoping that when we sail in September, I will be happy I booked Aqua.

I do love Bistro on Five for our boarding luncheon. I am hoping that in Blu that we will be seated at a larger table. We love to chat with other passengers. It is the delight of a cruise!

We will be on the Celebrity Constellation, which I believe is Millennium Class. I don't know much about the differences between Solstice and Millennium and if anyone can enlighten me, it would be appreciated.

I had booked Aqua before the Concierge changes. I am hoping that when we sail in September, I will be happy I booked Aqua.

I do love Bistro on Five for our boarding luncheon. I am hoping that in Blu that we will be seated at a larger table. We love to chat with other passengers. It is the delight of a cruise!

Blu does not usually do that, normally you will be seated in a table for two. The tables are pretty close so you can usually meet new people.

Edited by dkjretired

I just received the 2018 brochure yesterday and it clearly states AQ receives all CC benefits - however - I (in AQ) feel X are right to offer a lunch to CC guests. It is a nice little personal touch for a busy hectic day - and is appropriate for concierge class.

We are boarding early this cruise - we will use Bistro on 5 - If I cant spend $20 then I shouldn't be on a cruise ;)

Edited by Blondie008

I would suggest you go to YouTube for videos of both First, millie ships are older and smaller. They have fewer specialty restaurants. The newest Solstice class ships have even more specialty restaurants. The older solstice class ships have the corning glass blowing show on the top deck, the newer have the lawn grill and private for rent cabanas. We enjoy all Celebrity ships, however our favorite is the Silly. As previously said blu has mostly tables for two and some fours. I have seen people who sail together sit at larger tables. i do not think you would sit at a large table as you could in Main dining room. However the tables for two are really rows of tables very close to each other so many people chat with their neighbors if they desire. Enjoy your cruise

I just received the 2018 brochure yesterday and it clearly states AQ receives all CC benefits - however - I (in AQ) feel X are right to offer a lunch to CC guests. It is a nice little personal touch for a busy hectic day - and is appropriate for concierge class.

We are boarding early this cruise - we will use Bistro on 5 - If I cant spend $20 then I shouldn't be on a cruise ;)

The ebrochures state they receive most of the benefits.

The ebrochures state they receive most of the benefits.

The brand new hard copy 2018 brochure clearly states

Aquaclass includes all concierge class plus etc etc etc....

Its very clear - first thing I checked.

Perhaps its UK brochure only - but for sure that's what it says.

Good Lord folks - take it outside if you're going to argue.

20 replies and only 1 or 2 REAL answers to their question.

The OP just wanted to know where to eat lunch. I don't believe they wanted to start a major debate on which category stateroom to book or whether Celebrity should give AQ the same bennies as CC. Sheesh.