Aqua Class : Lunch Option

angelhelly

Good Lord folks - take it outside if you're going to argue.

20 replies and only 1 or 2 REAL answers to their question.

The OP just wanted to know where to eat lunch. I don't believe they wanted to start a major debate on which category stateroom to book or whether Celebrity should give AQ the same bennies as CC. Sheesh.

This is my first celebrity cruise, and we will be eating lunch on board at embarkation, so I wanted to know what my options were. Thanks for the ones who awnsered!

Hi, Silly question.

Going on the Solstice in less than 2 weeks! so excited!

I'm in Aqua Class. Is Blu Open for Lunch? If not, what are the options on the ship?

I know what is on Celebrity website is not always up to date....

Blu is open for dinner and full breakfast service. Lunch is not served in Blu.

Blu is not open for lunch. Aqua Spa used to be good, now just soso. Oceanview is feeding frenzy. But it has the most choices. The mast grill has hamburgers and hot dog. There is also Bistro on 5. The main dining room is open on sea days.

Hope that helps.

My last experience in AQ - BLU last November on Silhouette was fantastic ( 5th AQ sailing) Food and service was excellent. Still talking about it and hoping to have the same on Equinox in December.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked AQ on Eclipse for end of July - our third year in a row on the same ship, itinerary and always in AQ. Following the discussions on the changes for concierge class, we've been looking at Celebrity's website and it seems a lot of the AQ perks have disappeared, and are not as per last year or indeed as in our brochure..... including no longer having access to the Persian Garden! I've emailed Celebrity for clarification, but if they have effectively - and quietly - downgraded the AQ elements, we'll be looking at other cruise lines.

Following the discussions on the changes for concierge class, we've been looking at Celebrity's website and it seems a lot of the AQ perks have disappeared, and are not as per last year or indeed as in our brochure..... including no longer having access to the Persian Garden! I've emailed Celebrity for clarification, but if they have effectively - and quietly - downgraded the AQ elements, we'll be looking at other cruise lines.

We prefer AQ class. Blu is great! We have found that the only perk that has been eliminated is daily bottled water. But since beverage package promotions are so readily available, elimination of daily bottled water has not been an issue for us. We just got off a cruise on Infinity and the Persian Gardens is still available to AQ passengers.

Back to the original question, where can AQ passengers eat for lunch on embarkation day

- buffet

- Bistro on 5 (wraps & paninnis, $10 charge p/p)

- Al Bacio (coffee, tea, and pastries)

- Spa Cafe (light fare, salads)

- Mast Grill (hamburgers and hot dogs)

I've been verbally told by Celebrity that (AQ) have all the Bennie's of CC. The reason this is important is there are no HC cabins in Aquaclass which is what we originally booked, but our travel companions (HC) could not book. We arranged a C1 HC and since they are 'new' to cruising they are depending on us to navigate the ship...initially at least. I think we will meet up at "their" lunch........we aren't crashing a lunch although we hope to be able to eat together. With different capabilities on a cruise ship for the first timer this is important---as opposed to those who can navigate, ambulate, and peruse the ship to find 'just the right place' to eat. So, if anyone has had an AQ experience eating at this lunch, or a similar situation, I'd like to hear how it went.

So, if anyone has had an AQ experience eating at this lunch, or a similar situation, I'd like to hear how it went.

On my recently concluded cruise, I asked if AQ passengers could eat in the MDR on embarkation and I was told no, this was exclusively for CC class. I asked if AQ passengers could eat lunch in Tuscan Grill on embrkation with Suite passengers and I was told no, this was exclusively for Suite pax.

I suggest if you all want to eat together on embarkation day, you head to the Oceanview buffet.

I've been verbally told by Celebrity that (AQ) have all the Bennie's of CC. The reason this is important is there are no HC cabins in Aquaclass which is what we originally booked, but our travel companions (HC) could not book. We arranged a C1 HC and since they are 'new' to cruising they are depending on us to navigate the ship...initially at least. I think we will meet up at "their" lunch........we aren't crashing a lunch although we hope to be able to eat together. With different capabilities on a cruise ship for the first timer this is important---as opposed to those who can navigate, ambulate, and peruse the ship to find 'just the right place' to eat. So, if anyone has had an AQ experience eating at this lunch, or a similar situation, I'd like to hear how it went.

If you're wishing to eat your dinner with them in the MDR each evening, I would pay a visit to the Maitre d' as soon as you board as they will be unable to dine with you in Blu ;).

I am hoping that in Blu that we will be seated at a larger table. We love to chat with other passengers. It is the delight of a cruise!

Let the maitre d' know your wishes and it should work out for you. However, as others have mentioned, many of the tables for 2 are very close together and it is easy to converse with the people with the next table if both tables desire. I have met interesting people both ways.

We love AQ for both Blu and the Persian Garden (on S class), but have recently booked veranda because of price. We have a Sydney to Honolulu for 18 days in April 2017 and booked AQ so we can enjoy leisurely breakfasts in Blu and the Persian Garden on all those sea days. It's bad enough they took away the water (no "free" beverage pkg on Trans Pacific cruises). If they take away the Persian Garden it will be the last AQ we book. Will instead use the savings to book specialty restaurants. I am getting tired of the downgrading of perks that used to be standard. Now all I have to do is find a store in Sydney that sells cases of water and slap some luggage tags on them. Honestly I drink more water than alcohol on cruises with the "free" beverage pkgs.

It is not easy finding your way through the throngs of people in the buffet on a good day....so the MDR is nice for them. I guess we will have to 'see what happens'.......HAL and Princess (I believe) have lunch for their returning guests (not just a class of guests) in the MDR on embarkation--compare and contrast.

Is bistro on 5 now a sushi restaurant ? I know on some ships it is. I will on the Solstice in August and hope it`s not sushi.

From everything I've seen it is now "Sushi on 5". :(:(:(

I'm with you. I find anything that spends most/all of its life in the water gross and wish that places would realize that not everyone in the world thinks sushi is all that and a bag of chips.