Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

Yes we were on ovation and had kettle on our cabin which is the best as u can get up and make ur own Cuppa instead of fighting your way through windjammer to try make a Cuppa. Theyve had kettle on every royal Caribbean ship I've been on so I hope this isn't true sbd ️No kettle else it's such a didsappoitent.

Room service will happily oblige!!!

I'm on harmony on Thursday for 3 night taster. Already heard there been problems and the main cancellation of the Aqua theatre onboard which even people on royal Caribbean hotline didn't even no about until we asked why we were cancelled off the show.

I've just come off Ovation of the seas, had issues with technic things etc we wasn't able to get into the complimentary free restaurants (chic,the grande,American) as needed booking etc

But on harmony apparently you don't need book to go into restaurant and been on my cruise planner and can't book it online so anyone who's onboard at this moment can u tell me how u get into eating these restaurants please ?

There is no dynamic dining on this ship so you are allocated a restaurant, either silk, American icon or the grande based on wether you have chosen MTD or traditional.

We did make MTD reservations for each evening although you don't need to and you can just turn up.

The only restaurants you need to make reservations for are the speciality restaurants which are all chargeable.

Thanks for the info, and what a disappointment. Here they have a chance to fix one of the shortcomings with the original Oasis class ships, and they make it worse.:confused:

I'm with you and everyone else - what a disappointment (the only thing that saved me in the Solarium on Oasis was the pool). Could this quite possibly be the ONLY Solarium WITHOUT a pool? I haven't been on nearly enough ships to know, but every one I've been on has had some sort of pool in the Solarium (including the sister company, Celebrity).

I'm with you and everyone else - what a disappointment (the only thing that saved me in the Solarium on Oasis was the pool). Could this quite possibly be the ONLY Solarium WITHOUT a pool? I haven't been on nearly enough ships to know, but every one I've been on has had some sort of pool in the Solarium (including the sister company, Celebrity).

I don't know about other cruise lines, but all the other Solariums on RC ships have pools. Though I use the term "pool" loosely with regard to Oasis and Allure.

We've just been to do the puzzle break room, although the booking we made yesterday for it wasn't showing up, it also had disappeared from our calendar. It also didn't seem to be just us, others had made reservations but they were also missing off the list, however a number of people didn't turn up so we were still able to complete this.

It was great fun, even though we failed and ran out of time. We were about 30 seconds off from completing this.

I won't give any details away as this would spoil it but here are a couple of pictures from inside the room.

eab16834f7595500d9ac0f85324aedad.jpg

082220dea4d1914850e53c9f005f3429.jpg

I would definitely recommend you have a go at this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite being in port today we have chosen to stay on the ship.

We had a late night and were feeling a bit delicate this morning so slept until lunch time. It was fantastic just being able to have a lazy day.

We went to the windjammer for lunch which was pretty good and as its a port day the ship is much quieter which is really nice.

The water slides are still being worked on but as we walked past I got a picture of the height restrictions

f7494deefd8fd97f540d17c5e62450d5.jpg

Hi

I hope you don't mind me asking, I see you've posted a copy of the Spa price list. Do you know if those prices include 20% VAT? It does state at the bottom it will be added. If so, that makes them a hell of a lot more expensive than the website prices.

I have $200 onboard credit and trying to find the best way to spend it lol

Thanks for all the pics and updates they have really helped a novice like me

The prices are plus 20% VAT and plus 18% service charge so in effect 38% more than listed so they seem very expensive.

Couldn't see prices for Jamie's Italian. Is it a flat fee with upcharges for certain items? Is it cheaper at lunchtime?

Enjoy the day -- guess its all aboard now you are leaving quite soon.

Jamie's is just a flat fee with no items having an up charge.

We will check about the lunchtime prices.

We would definitely recommend it though, it was very good.

We've come to the room for a bit this afternoon so I can do some blogging and decided to order tea and coffee from room service.

Rather than ordering through the tv which I tried to do yesterday and it not turning up, I called up. It took less than 15 minutes from ordering to arriving which was pretty good.

fdec8b9fd817727000a60a14f6c61adc.jpg

The tea isn't great though, we received a jug of coffee and a jug not hot water. However, from the taste of my tea the hot water jug has definitely been used for coffee before as there is a strong taste of coffee.

Couldn't see prices for Jamie's Italian. Is it a flat fee with upcharges for certain items? Is it cheaper at lunchtime?

Enjoy the day -- guess its all aboard now you are leaving quite soon.

c19adda2ddc5030ad6d6e12035fe1966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

I had breakfast about 8:30 at mini bites. Nice hot cooked breakfast and no queues! :)

Hi Craig,

Hope you are having a good time. Can you please tell me if Mini Bites is the same as Wipe out cafe on the Oasis?

Thanks in advance,

Mel

Just a quick update, we are just queuing for the zip line and have noticed how bad the finish is in a lot of places. It doesn't look new at all.

All these pics were taken in a 10 feet radius while in the queue.

88cc0cf8b69f67dda67ef9cd06b8b689.jpg

1a89695981703e5d762f1bed03df5ddc.jpg

a1f2ac8d05beef266aff7d6201ae869f.jpg

3d66d9671388fa578e919b0894ba033b.jpg

11e6aca3c966e322e55d87a198300d37.jpg

Just a quick update, we are just queuing for the zip line and have noticed how bad the finish is in a lot of places. It doesn't look new at all.

Bad show to be sure, but not surprising as I have never been on a new construction site that didn't have touch up work remaining to be completed. Hopefully they will complete the punch list items soon.

All these pics were taken in a 10 feet radius while in the queue.

88cc0cf8b69f67dda67ef9cd06b8b689.jpg

1a89695981703e5d762f1bed03df5ddc.jpg

a1f2ac8d05beef266aff7d6201ae869f.jpg

3d66d9671388fa578e919b0894ba033b.jpg

11e6aca3c966e322e55d87a198300d37.jpg

Very poor............who is in charge of 'snagging'??

We sailed on Allure a few years ago, and to me, the Solarium was terrible....way to hot....felt more like I was in a hothouse, and not relaxing at all. So I probably spent only enough time, after that first visit, to walk through it to get to someplace else. I wasn't impressed with the Solarium Bistro (I think it was called) and its food fare, so it will probably be something I avoid when we sail on Harmony.

From the sounds of it, they have done nothing to give me the feeling that it got better in ANY way. Different strokes for different folks when it comes to this....others will just love it, I am sure.

The prices are plus 20% VAT and plus 18% service charge so in effect 38% more than listed so they seem very expensive.

Thanks for that. Wow that really is expensive. Not sure what I'm going to spend my OBC on haha

It was sold as " 3 night short getaway" not "a nearly finished cruise"

Not happy tbh

I could have had an ocean view balcony but booked boardwalk for the aqua show

On my last Oasis cruise the aqua show was never offered due to technical difficulties and weather/wind issues. I'm not saying that you don't have room to be upset (I went through some of the same with Quantum), but sometimes stuff happens and you exponentially increase the odds of stuff happening when you choose to pay for one of the first sailings. Do not count on generous compensation. I sometimes think the company would be better off saying ... yeah, there are still some issues rather than their usual line of ... best vacation ever (no matter what has happened)!

Hi Craig,

Hope you are having a good time. Can you please tell me if Mini Bites is the same as Wipe out cafe on the Oasis?

Thanks in advance,

Mel

We went to Wipe Out Cafe one time when we were on Allure.....the food was fine, but it was NOT something I would do again....did not enjoy the ambiance at all. There are other choices around the ship that were much more pleasant.