Higher Benefit Level above Elite

Sitmar Lady

If Princess offered a higher tier above Elite in the Captain Circle membership rewards, what would you like to see added to the list of benefits and how many days do you think it should be?

I'm thinking preferred tender embarkation or a Crown Grill/specialty dining voucher per cruise & maybe 500 days.

I fully admit, I'm starting this thread to hopefully encourage it.

Elite passengers already do have priority tender embarkation. In addition, based on the number of cruise credits, there is additional onboard credit offered, which increases with the number of cruises. After 51 cruises it tops out at $100 per elite member.

It would be nice to get unlimited internet back, not just a set number of minutes depending upon the length of the cruise, but I'd be happy if there were just more onboard credit that kept climbing after every 10 cruises, by another $25 per elite member. I guess I'd have to say the benefit I'd most like to see is increased on board credit, as different people will value different things, and are thus able to enjoy what it is they prefer by using the OBC.

And while the most traveled passenger luncheon or cocktail party is not a guarantee for over 500 days on board, it is pretty close to a certainty at that point.

If Princess offered a higher tier above Elite in the Captain Circle membership rewards, what would you like to see added to the list of benefits and how many days do you think it should be?

I'm thinking preferred tender embarkation or a Crown Grill/specialty dining voucher per cruise & maybe 500 days.

We already have priority tender embarkation as Elites. Yes, we have to get to the end of the line, but if we are in a hurry, we get there early and are at the front. If we are not in a hurry, we wait for the rush to clear.

500 or 1000 sounds like a reasonable cutoff. I would not have a cruise credit qualification.

Having experienced Seattle embarkation when they've scrapped the priority boarding because half the ship would qualify, I (personally) don't want another explicit tier...it'll just gunk up the works further. Elite/Suite already gets priority tenders, so are you thinking a higher tier above that (i.e. a super-priority line)?

I'm sure Princess knows who their top cruises are for any given cruise. I'd rather they keep any extra perks "secret" and extend them to the most deserving passengers as a true "bonus".

We already have priority tender embarkation as Elites. Yes, we have to get to the end of the line, but if we are in a hurry, we get there early and are at the front. If we are not in a hurry, we wait for the rush to clear.

500 or 1000 sounds like a reasonable cutoff. I would not have a cruise credit qualification.

I was suggesting embarkation not disembarkation. For example getting back on board at Princess Cays. I was just trying to think of something that wouldn't cost Princess anything. I'd prefer the specialty dining voucher but I realize that costs Princess money.

Red Carpet Treatment

Cute, and I see that you and many think this is about getting a star on their card, or some sort of public display. To me there are so many elites now on every sailing, the perks are diminishing. For example on my last trip there were 800 elites so essentially preferred boarding didn't exist. So similar to Holland America or Royal Caribbean, it would be nice to get a voucher for a specialty restaurant, unlimited internet access or something like that to strive for.

The red carpet is nice but it doesn't help my bank account.

Cute, and I see that you and many think this is about getting a star on their card, or some sort of public display. To me there are so many elites now on every sailing, the perks are diminishing. For example on my last trip there were 800 elites so essentially preferred boarding didn't exist. So similar to Holland America or Royal Caribbean, it would be nice to get a voucher for a specialty restaurant, unlimited internet access or something like that to strive for.

The red carpet is nice but it doesn't help my bank account.

Sitmar Lady

With all do respect,Princess could care less about us.

They are trying to attract fresh blood. They are a business not our buddies.

New cruisers spend more money onboard, Seasoned cruisers know better :)

Enjoy your cruises!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

I'm already at the super-secret Plutonium level. It's great! I get to cruise whenever I have the time and money. I get fed. They even tidy up my room and put chocolate on my bed because I'm sooooooooooooo special!!!

I'm already at the super-secret Plutonium level. It's great! I get to cruise whenever I have the time and money. I get fed. They even tidy up my room and put chocolate on my bed because I'm sooooooooooooo special!!!

Yeah Ain't Plat..er Plutonium level great!!:D

Yep, you sure are Special!!!! :) lol

Edited by Reader0108598

This has been discussed over and over and over and over on these boards. When and if Princess re-structures the Captain's Circle benefits it will be strictly to gain more business for them. My personal opinion is that perks for passengers that have a super high number of days on board does little to encourage more business. It is the lower number of days that have the most impact.

Sitmar Lady

With all do respect,Princess could care less about us.

They are trying to attract fresh blood. They are a business not our buddies.

New cruisers spend more money onboard, Seasoned cruisers know better :)

Enjoy your cruises!

Reader

I get what you are saying but I am still somewhat young and not retired, so I only cruise about 21-25 days a year on average. Therefore we opt for balcony or mini-suites, we often use the Sanctuary, Specialty Dining options, I buy in the shops on board with my 10% discount and I love wine so we still spend a lot on cruises. I guess I am a rare breed but we still exist. I guess that is why I'm voting for the voucher instead of the "red carpet or gold star

on my forehead". LOL

HAL does do one thing right in Mariners Society: high levels of onboard spend credit you with more days.

Personally, I'd like to see Princess introduce surprise-and-delight unpublished elite rewards that trigger at what appear to be a random interval, and I'd like to be able to pick from a menu of benefits - for example, I'd willingly trade my Elite minibar for more Internet time or priority dining reservations.

We all know about leaving the ship but when returning to the ship from a port, be it by tender or just a separate walk up line for Suites & Elites only. Not all their friends too. :rolleyes: Just like at the Pursers Desk. That would certainly be a nice free perk for Princess to implement. ;)

Since Elites are a dime a dozen now, there needs to be a higher level. Only sea days should count toward Capt Circle level. Traveling as a single in a suite on a 1 night cruise and getting 3 cruise credits is frankly BS. Days is the only fair way for everyone. :(