Why Majesty may have changed my mind about RCI

This is my 3rd RCI cruise and, honestly, after IofS in March, and swearing we would never cruise RCI again after this one, this little rusty ship may have changed my mind.

Granted, it's only day 2 and there have been some bumps in the sea, but the crew have been amazing. I've been sitting on the pool deck for the last 6 hours and I haven't waited long for a drink and the live band has been fantastic. Dinner last night was the best we've experienced in a RCI dining room and the mood is really relaxing, exactly what I needed this cruise.

I didn't even bat an eye when a carnival ship passed us by. Maybe I'm just the type to live the older smaller ships on any line, but so far, newly refurbished Majesty is doing ok.

Another reason for your positive reaction to Majesty is that she has one of the best Hotel Directors in the fleet right now. It would not surprise me if Majesty goes right to the top of the fleet rankings within a couple of months.

OH MY GOODNESS, how you made me feel good about our ladies fall cruise!!!! A few of us ladies get together and take a quick cruise in the fall. We really enjoyed the Enchantment and were very worried about Majesty when all we heard were negative issues. So very happy you posted your cruise on this "mystery" ship to us.

thank you so very much!

V

Another reason for your positive reaction to Majesty is that she has one of the best Hotel Directors in the fleet right now. It would not surprise me if Majesty goes right to the top of the fleet rankings within a couple of months.

Curious of the HD's name.

OH MY GOODNESS, how you made me feel good about our ladies fall cruise!!!! A few of us ladies get together and take a quick cruise in the fall. We really enjoyed the Enchantment and were very worried about Majesty when all we heard were negative issues. So very happy you posted your cruise on this "mystery" ship to us.

thank you so very much!

V

Curious of the HD's name.

The HD from Enchantment, John Denton, has moved over to Majesty.

This is so good to hear! Can't wait to hear more if you're up to it.

I will do a full report when I return. At the moment, there's too much moscato and grey goose pumping through me :) But I will say the food tonight in the MDR, formal night, was amazing.

Totally agree on John Denton being the best. We had the pleasure of meeting him on the Explorer before it left Bayonne. That ship was always well run and the crew worked harmoniously. I wish he'd come show the Anthem how it can be done. Vicki

Agree 100% !!!

Just curious: In what ways is John the best HD?

I believe Bob said "one of the best". One factual accomplishment was taking Monarch of the Seas from the bottom of the company ratings to number one in the fleet. He is well respected by the crew and guests alike. There are other excellent Hotel Directors in the fleet. John is certainly one of the best!!!

I believe Bob said "one of the best". One factual accomplishment was taking Monarch of the Seas from the bottom of the company ratings to number one in the fleet. He is well respected by the crew and guests alike. There are other excellent Hotel Directors in the fleet. John is certainly one of the best!!!

I believe John also moved Explorer and Enchantment significantly up in the rankings.

Is this ranking public ?

This is my 3rd RCI cruise and, honestly, after IofS in March, and swearing we would never cruise RCI again after this one, this little rusty ship may have changed my mind.

Granted, it's only day 2 and there have been some bumps in the sea, but the crew have been amazing. I've been sitting on the pool deck for the last 6 hours and I haven't waited long for a drink and the live band has been fantastic. Dinner last night was the best we've experienced in a RCI dining room and the mood is really relaxing, exactly what I needed this cruise.

I didn't even bat an eye when a carnival ship passed us by. Maybe I'm just the type to live the older smaller ships on any line, but so far, newly refurbished Majesty is doing ok.

Agree wholeheartedly. We've done the Majesty 4 day to Key West 4 times and have enjoyed it every time. I was told by someone that the Majesty is used as a training ship for workers to go elsewhere in the fleet so the attention to detail is probably a lot higher because of that. Also, the food on the Majesty is the best food we've had on any RCI ship. Period.

Majesty i think may have been one of the first ships i ever sailed on and i am booked again on May 30 to take a 4 day with my 4 year old grandson. I can't wait now. Thanks for the great review so far.