Princess Cruise Secrets 2016

barbpretz

Okay not sure if it's been mentioned before so here goes. All of the lifts in the ship when they open are facing the front of the ship. This does not apply to any lifts in the atriam, or internal lifts. BTW for any newbies, it took me 15 cruises before I knew that the carpet was different colours on each side of the ship.

Trish

After your 20th cruise with Princess, a loyalty credit of $25 is added as OBC to your folio. It goes up with every 10 or so cruises after that. It's not widely advertised ... just shows up. If you are sharing a cabin with someone with the last name and/or same address, I believe it is still just $25 per cabin ...not pp.

I've got a good friend who has over 80-90 cruises on Princess. I asked him about this and his reply was "Wish it was true!!! That would add up a lot for me, but I've never heard of such a thing.Please let me know if you find out otherwise." so I'm asking you if you've ever received such an OBC, or do you have a reference for your statement or is this just something you've been told by someone?

Tom

I've got a good friend who has over 80-90 cruises on Princess. I asked him about this and his reply was "Wish it was true!!! That would add up a lot for me, but I've never heard of such a thing.Please let me know if you find out otherwise." so I'm asking you if you've ever received such an OBC, or do you have a reference for your statement or is this just something you've been told by someone?

Tom

If you friend is not a Captain's Circle member then he wouldn't receive the credit. If he isn't a member he needs to join ASAP. After 51 sailings he should receive a $100 credit.

The credits are nonrefundable on the and should show up on his ShipBoard account. Also, he should receive a note on embarkation day telling him of the credit.

The credits are earned as follows:

Number of Cruise Credits Amount of OBC

21 - 31...................................$ 25

32 - 41......................................50

42 - 51......................................75

52+.........................................100

Tom

It's true I have been receiving the loyalty passenger OBC since my my 21st cruise. Pretty sure that's what they call it.

Tony

Some passengers get turned around rather easily when in the hallways. The carpet on the port side has a red edge. The starboard carpet has a blue edge. Look for the edge color and you'll know what side of the ship you're on.

Also, the carpets have a wave pattern and the crest of the waves (the tops) face toward the bow.

You can remember that port side is red because port is a red wine

Tom

It is true. We have 32 Princess cruises. Last cruise I got $50 and the 11 cruises before that I got $25. Shows up on your Stateroom account as "Gift Credit". Used to show as Loyalty credit if I remember correctly. Some times we get a notification card in the room at the start and sometimes no. They use to have it on a web site that I have saved but they have taken that down. I do have a copy of what the site said that I printed on 8/29/15.

The copy says, "Onboard credit per household after completion of 20 cruise credits: $25 for 20-30 cruise credits, $50 for 31-40 cruise credits, $75 for 41-50 cruise credits, $100 for 51+ cruise credits." So it comes after your 20th for 11 cruises and increases after your 31st and every 10 cruises after that up to 51.

As for the color of the carpet being different, We have been on two ships where they were replacing hall carpet and they had a new pattern that was the same on both sides. I believe the last ship that we saw that on was the Island and I think it was deck 10 but that was a year ago. I can't remember the other ship we saw that on. The Ruby still had different colors in January on all decks.

After your 20th cruise with Princess, a loyalty credit of $25 is added as OBC to your folio. It goes up with every 10 or so cruises after that. It's not widely advertised ... just shows up. If you are sharing a cabin with someone with the last name and/or same address, I believe it is still just $25 per cabin ...not pp..

Right. Married and cohabiting couples - even if both have the qualifying number of cruises - only get one credit, while people having an affair behind their spouses' backs get two. That hardly seems fair.

So after 230 days on Princess, we were each treated to 1/3 of a coffee card, or a nickel a day cash back. Not that I'm complaining, but…..

If you friend is not a Captain's Circle member then he wouldn't receive the credit. If he isn't a member he needs to join ASAP. After 51 sailings he should receive a $100 credit.

The credits are nonrefundable on the and should show up on his ShipBoard account. Also, he should receive a note on embarkation day telling him of the credit.

The credits are earned as follows:

Number of Cruise Credits Amount of OBC

21 - 31...................................$ 25

32 - 41......................................50

42 - 51......................................75

52+.........................................100

Oh, he's definitely a Captain's Circle member and is usually the "most traveled" on cruises. I've forwarded your reply to him and I'm sure he'll follow up on it.

Thanks.

Tom

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

There is now a 2017 Princes Secrets board which might be a better place to post current secrets. I missed many of these posts because it didn't occur to me that people would still be posting here. Come join us for 2017 "Secrets"!