Princess Cruise Secrets 2016

barbpretz

So just some clarifications to the post. The referral credit is $25 per person or if two people in the cabin that have not sailed princess then it would be $50 per cabin. Also please note princess policy states that the booking of your friends cannot be made before you have entered the referral information into your princess website. I'm not doubting you didn't receive it and you called afterwards, but that's not princess policy. Princess policy is the referral must be made before the booking. I just called Princess and confirmed this because we have a family vacation wheremy sister-in-law jumped the gun and made the booking before I could get in the referral.Princess is denying me the referral credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a shame, Cruisin' Oma - I was told the opposite by a Princess rep. The rep I called told me that I could get the credit any time, even if I had booked and paid. Then, when I called again to clear something else up, another rep helped me to make sure that the referral credit was applied to the proper cruise. Clearly, the Princess reps are not consistent and I may have just hit it lucky two times in a row.

That's a shame, Cruisin' Oma - I was told the opposite by a Princess rep. The rep I called told me that I could get the credit any time, even if I had booked and paid. Then, when I called again to clear something else up, another rep helped me to make sure that the referral credit was applied to the proper cruise. Clearly, the Princess reps are not consistent and I may have just hit it lucky two times in a row.

I just noticed you said On Board Credit. The referral credit I got with my mom, dad and niece directly reduced the price of our cruises (both mine and theirs). Did you get OBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I do get turned around so easily, it was nice to just glance @ the carpet when I got out of the elevator to know which side I needed. I have and probably will do lots of extra walking just get my self in the right direction. That's good thing right??

I'm with you, Teresa. I pop off the elevator and can tell by the colour of the carpet which hall (right or left) I want. Looking at the ship's picture to know which direction the ship is heading doesn't help at all, because I don't know whether I want to go forward or backward until I get to the hall and read the room direction signs. More walking for me as well.

I'm with you, Teresa. I pop off the elevator and can tell by the colour of the carpet which hall (right or left) I want. Looking at the ship's picture to know which direction the ship is heading doesn't help at all, because I don't know whether I want to go forward or backward until I get to the hall and read the room direction signs. More walking for me as well.

How does looking at a picture of a ship not help you know which way is the front of the ship any less than the color? Both tell you which side of the ship you're facing and that tells you whether you're on "your" side of the ship or not. True, you won't know whether you'll have to move forward or aft to get to your room, but that's the case whether you've looked at the color of the carpet, which way the top of the waves on the carpet are or have looked at the picture of the ship! Any of those indicators simply tell you the side of the ship you're on/facing.

Tom

How does looking at a picture of a ship not help you know which way is the front of the ship any less than the color? Both tell you which side of the ship you're facing and that tells you whether you're on "your" side of the ship or not. True, you won't know whether you'll have to move forward or aft to get to your room, but that's the case whether you've looked at the color of the carpet, which way the top of the waves on the carpet are or have looked at the picture of the ship! Any of those indicators simply tell you the side of the ship you're on/facing.

Tom

Interesting!

We did the email/referral, etc for the refer a friend and this was AFTER I already booked and then I called Princess to make sure of our obc and the princess rep told me to look under my obc on my computer and such enough we all got. So I called princess and they them don't get off the phone until I can find it myself :)

Besides getting 15 espresso drinks you get unlimited brewed coffee(not the syrup coffee that all lines use) and hot chocolate. If you don't finish the 15 drinks you can use it again on another cruise. Brewed coffee is only for the cruise you purchased it on. My sister and I loved the card which we shared.

We did the email/referral, etc for the refer a friend and this was AFTER I already booked and then I called Princess to make sure of our obc and the princess rep told me to look under my obc on my computer and such enough we all got. So I called princess and they them don't get off the phone until I can find it myself :)

My wife referred someone who booked 3 or 4 cabins with multiple people in each and completely forgot to do the referral thing. GAH!!!

The carpet on the port side has a red edge. The starboard carpet has a blue edge. Look for the edge color and you'll know what side of the ship you're on.

Also, the carpets have a wave pattern and the crest of the waves (the tops) face toward the bow.

What a great tip! I never knew this...will definitely help after I've had a few of those Dunes!

Here is a cruise critic secret that will make reading these forums, and Princess posts, more enjoyable.

You can control how many posts you see per page. I only get a 2nd page when a topic reaches 200 replies. It takes 400+ post to start a 3rd page. This saves time, especially in super long topics, by not having to flip through pages every 20th post.

1) Go to your User CP (user control panel) located at the upper left of this screen. Next, click on Edit Options. Scroll down to find the section where you can increase the posts shown per page. You can choose from 10 to 200.

2) You can turn off seeing everyone's custom signature below each post as well. Just unclick the box that says 'show signatures'. Same directions as above.

Adjusting these two features make for a much more efficient browsing experience on the Cruise Critic forums.

Work smarter, not harder:D

Fantastic tips, thank you!

What a great tip! I never knew this...will definitely help after I've had a few of those Dunes!

Be aware, not all ships have those 2 different carpet colors anymore, especially if they have recently had a dry dock.

You can turn off seeing everyone's custom signature below each post as well. Just unclick the box that says 'show signatures'.

Gosh, I HATE so hate (really hate) long signatures.

Problem is you can't select which ... it's All or None.

Sort of like seeing upcoming cruises for people.

Gosh, I HATE so hate (really hate) long signatures.

Problem is you can't select which ... it's All or None.

Sort of like seeing upcoming cruises for people.

Use the Tapatalk app on your iPad or iphone. No signatures and easy to navigate. And you can always switch to the browser view if you want to see them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hello all... this is my first post and my very first cruise, that I have NOT booked yet.... I'm going to in the next couple of days... anyone want to refer Me? thanks for all the tips so Far!

A little vague,refer you ? Where are you planing to cruise ? When ? How many passengers ? Family with young children ? etc etc Any other info that might help. Might be better if you start your own thread by asking for help.

Edited by UK Cruiser2

1) Go to your User CP (user control panel) located at the upper left of this screen. Next, click on Edit Options. Scroll down to find the section where you can increase the posts shown per page. You can choose from 10 to 200.

I knew about signatures, but that's a great tip, thanks.

Sorry for any vagueness... I was just thinking to see if someone would be interested before I got into details... Plus I was trying to get myself out the door to work. I'm not seeking help, I'm offering for an experienced cruiser to refer me to take advantage new cruiser referral. I'm looking at the Royal Princess 10 day cruise starting Feb 8th. I'm hoping to book tonight after work or tomorrow... I've just been visiting different agents, seeing whom may have a better price... Two passengers, myself and my boyfriend... No children.... From Canada.

hello all... this is my first post and my very first cruise, that I have NOT booked yet.... I'm going to in the next couple of days... anyone want to refer Me? thanks for all the tips so Far!

Yes please!!

In the USA thongs mean a kind of underwear with no coverage on the butt cheeks, that's why people were confused why you would have them on in the shower.

What Americans call Thongs, we in Australia call Bum Floss. :D:D:D

Sorry for any vagueness... I was just thinking to see if someone would be interested before I got into details... Plus I was trying to get myself out the door to work. I'm not seeking help, I'm offering for an experienced cruiser to refer me to take advantage new cruiser referral. I'm looking at the Royal Princess 10 day cruise starting Feb 8th. I'm hoping to book tonight after work or tomorrow... I've just been visiting different agents, seeing whom may have a better price... Two passengers, myself and my boyfriend... No children.... From Canada.

Too bad I read your post late.:(