Princess Cruise Secrets 2016

barbpretz

They are doing away with the coloured on some ships, I know last year on Diamond they were replacing a lot of carpet and using the same carpet port and starboard, which I was sad to see.

Regal and Royal - no red/blue for port/starboard either. And Island was hit or miss depending on which deck and which elevators - our deck had three different types of carpet along the hallway, and some sections were being recarpeted - but not with the red/blue banded carpet. It is a really nice touch on those ships that still have it - handy for a quick visual guide when exiting the elevators...ahh well.

Some passengers get turned around rather easily when in the hallways. The carpet on the port side has a red edge. The starboard carpet has a blue edge. Look for the edge color and you'll know what side of the ship you're on.

Also, the carpets have a wave pattern and the crest of the waves (the tops) face toward the bow.

There must have been a sale on all BLUE carpet...the Royal and Regal have both sides the same.

Regal and Royal - no red/blue for port/starboard either. And Island was hit or miss depending on which deck and which elevators - our deck had three different types of carpet along the hallway, and some sections were being recarpeted - but not with the red/blue banded carpet. It is a really nice touch on those ships that still have it - handy for a quick visual guide when exiting the elevators...ahh well.

There must have been a sale on all BLUE carpet...the Royal and Regal have both sides the same.

I'd have thought the amount of carpet they go through they could have still used both.

We liked it and miss it.

They are doing away with the coloured on some ships, I know last year on Diamond they were replacing a lot of carpet and using the same carpet port and starboard, which I was sad to see.

I am one of those fortunate people who can get lost in a paper bag. I have very little sense of direction.:confused:

I don't like hearing that they are taking away the different carpets..it helped so much. Now I'm going to be going to every design map near the elevator to figure which side has the odd cabins and which is even :o

What is the "deal"with the coffee card, one thing I found on our previous cruises is that the coffee served in general was not great...the only good coffee was in the coffee shops, (and I don't mean Starbucks...ugh)

The coffee and iced tea served in the buffet and dining rooms is made from a concentrate. It isn't the worst I've ever had, but is a long way from the best. The coffee card has 15 punches. These are each good for one specialty coffee/tea/or gelato on ships that has it. The punches are good "forever." You can save the card for future cruises. In addition, on the cruise that you purchase the card on you can get unlimited fresh brewed coffee or tea provided that you have at least one punch left on your card. They note the cruise number on the back of the card. If you are lucky and they don't fill in the cruise number, you can also get fresh brew on your next cruise provided you have that one punch left. When the card is used up, no more fresh brew either.

I would like to see some new tips and new Princess Secrets from

Just off the Regal Princess last week. Saw a spa promotion which was on port days only, but when I asked for it, they offer it on a sea day.

I'd have thought the amount of carpet they go through they could have still used both.

We liked it and miss it.

If they only have one color, then there is less inventory of carpet they have to keep on each ship in case emergency replacement of a section is needed.

When breakfasting at the buffet Horizon if there is something missing that you like (bananas, smoked salmon etc) just quietly ask a member of staff behind the serving desk and they will get you some if it is on board.

Also not just apple or orange juice is available here for breakfast you can get about 8 different types of juice just by asking prune, tomato, grapefruit, cranberry etc.

When breakfasting at the buffet Horizon if there is something missing that you like (bananas, smoked salmon etc) just quietly ask a member of staff behind the serving desk and they will get you some if it is on board.

Also not just apple or orange juice is available here for breakfast you can get about 8 different types of juice just by asking prune, tomato, grapefruit, cranberry etc.

Not just breakfast, and not just the buffet, if there's something you want ask.

They go above and beyond to please.

0kay, maybe more like tips than secrets but here are mine.

Secret #1. I love luxury but always need to save money. I budget for at least one massage per cruise. But they are pricey. So I attend the embarkation day pitch and raffle and slip out just before it ends so I am the first to grab the spa "special" they promote at the event. And am first in line to book it as well.

#2 if you want to reserve Sanctuary run, don't walk, and reserve your days and lounge chairs. And learn the names of the great servers you will learn to appreciate and respect during your time there

#3 hate the small shower in your cabin? Hate sand after your beach day in your small bathroom in your small cabin that ends up in your huge bed? Take advantage of the ladies room in the spa. Big showers, nice fluffy towels. I go straight there after a beach excursion.

#4 make plans and reservations EARLY for specialty dining. It can fill up quickly.

#5 keep an eye on the Patter for BOGO drink hours and locations.

#6 learn secret and quieter locations on your own by walking the entirety of the ship, deck by deck, on your first day. We do it on every ship.

Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#3 hate the small shower in your cabin? Hate sand after your beach day in your small bathroom in your small cabin that ends up in your huge bed? Take advantage of the ladies room in the spa. Big showers, nice fluffy towels. I go straight there after a beach excursion.

Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I tried that once, but security got real huffy reckoned a bloke wasn't allowed in the ladies room.

I tried that once, but security got real huffy reckoned a bloke wasn't allowed in the ladies room.

Hardly surprising, your not meant to wear your thong(G-string) on ya head.:eek::);)

Edited by mrs and mrs
no viable reason apart from spelling.

Always wear me thongs in a public shower.;)

Now I'm really confused ... what a vision in my head and it's scary...

but anyway

on HAL they put the day of the week on rugs in the lifts - I may not know where I am - or what direction I'm going - but I know what day it is.

but anyway

on HAL they put the day of the week on rugs in the lifts - I may not know where I am - or what direction I'm going - but I know what day it is.

Well I don't want athlete's foot.

You can stack your OBC when they are the following -

Future Cruise Credit - 17-44 Days $150 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $125 Inside/Outside

11-16 Days $100 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $75 Inside/Outside

7-10 Days $50 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $25 Inside/Outside

3-6 Days $25 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $15 Inside/Outside

Military Benefit - 15 Days or More - $250

7-14 Days - $100

1-6 Days - $50

Shareholder Benefit - Same as Military

You get Future Cruise Credit (FCC) by putting down $100 cruise deposit while you are on your cruise.

You get a military benefit if you are a veteran and after sending Princess your DD214. (You send it once and Princess keeps it on record and automatically applies it every cruise - just make sure to check your paperwork - Princess has been known to update their systems and lose this info.)

Shareholder Benefit - Buy 100 shares of Princess Stock and provide Princess with Proof of ownership. You have to show this proof every cruise.

My husband and I travelled to Hawaii on a 15 day cruise. - We had $200 FCC. $250 Military, $250 Shareholder and $200 from our TA. $900 OBC woohoo! And yes I managed to spend it all. lol

but anyway

On Celebrity (Solstace class ships) the day of the week is on a panel in the floor of the elevators, I never did catch whoever changes these...

We are looking forward to our first Princess cruise (October 22)...our last cruise on MSC Divina after having been on R/C and Celebrity (15 cruises) was a slight let down, so hoping Princess is better.....

Edited by daka

You can buy a coffee card for use in the specialty coffee shops. It can be purchased onboard or pre purchased online. It is usually a little cheaper online before your cruise and includes the 15% tip in the price of the card.It can used for unlimited brewed coffee, without using any of the punches,for the cruise you first use it on and for specialty coffees until you use all the 15 punches on any cruise even another cruise, if you have punches left. The catch is that you only get brewed coffee, with no punches used, on the first cruise you use the card on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They stopped doing that. The price is the same online or on the ship.

You can stack your OBC when they are the following -

Future Cruise Credit - 17-44 Days $150 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $125 Inside/Outside

11-16 Days $100 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $75 Inside/Outside

7-10 Days $50 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $25 Inside/Outside

3-6 Days $25 Balcony/Mini/Suites; $15 Inside/Outside

Military Benefit - 15 Days or More - $250

7-14 Days - $100

1-6 Days - $50

Shareholder Benefit - Same as Military

You get Future Cruise Credit (FCC) by putting down $100 cruise deposit while you are on your cruise.

You get a military benefit if you are a veteran and after sending Princess your DD214. (You send it once and Princess keeps it on record and automatically applies it every cruise - just make sure to check your paperwork - Princess has been known to update their systems and lose this info.)

Shareholder Benefit - Buy 100 shares of Princess Stock and provide Princess with Proof of ownership. You have to show this proof every cruise.

My husband and I travelled to Hawaii on a 15 day cruise. - We had $200 FCC. $250 Military, $250 Shareholder and $200 from our TA. $900 OBC woohoo! And yes I managed to spend it all. lol

I don't know specifics about Military benefits BUT Shareholders benefits are not the same as stated above, the correct amounts are as follows:

6 days or less =$50

7-13 days =$100

14 days or longer = $250

direct from the 2017 form

Some passengers get turned around rather easily when in the hallways. The carpet on the port side has a red edge. The starboard carpet has a blue edge. Look for the edge color and you'll know what side of the ship you're on.

Also, the carpets have a wave pattern and the crest of the waves (the tops) face toward the bow.

Not all ships have the red and blue carpets anymore.

We liked it and miss it.

Us, too. I loved telling people who were confused coming off the elevators. Even got hugged by one couple when I pointed it out. :)