The Micro Mini Royal Suite

Very nicely done! A few questions - how did you attach the towel Rod/curtain rod to the door? Is it a magnetic rod? Also - what will you do with it when you depart?

Thank you to all for the nice comments. It wasn't a lot of work to make the décor ... it was fun. And fun is never work.

My DD and I did a Christmastime cruise a few years back and we decorated the cabin for that. Ever since then we try and come up with something to personalize our space while we're cruising.

The door banner hangs on an adjustable curtain rod that has built-in magnetic brackets (found it at Wal-Mart for about $8). The black satin fabric cost me a couple of bucks at a thrift store (somebody's former bedsheets). And yes, I bought an embroidery machine about a year ago. I'm still learning how to use it, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Because everything is flat, it wasn't a big deal to squeeze everything back into the suitcases to come home with me. The lone exception was the foam mattress topper and the puffy bed pillows I had shipped down to Tampa before the cruise. Of course, I don't think I can use the door banner again unless I manage to book 7092. LOL.

OP, I'm guessing you're a Saints fan, with the black and gold fleur de lis scheme.

Nope. Not a Saint fan ... I was just looking for something "Royal" without risking plagiarizing things with a golden crown. And the color scheme was originally supposed to be blue or deep purple, but my budget satin sheets only came in black. :)

Nope. Not a Saint fan ... I was just looking for something "Royal" without risking plagiarizing things with a golden crown. And the color scheme was originally supposed to be blue or deep purple, but my budget satin sheets only came in black. :)

Well, in any event, I'm sure Saints fans are very pleased with your color and pattern selections! :D

We were also on the Brilliance TA and walked past your cabin one night on the way to a show. We wondered what was behind the door. We also decorate our cabin with personal pictures and images of the season. We bring a door sign that not many people see as we always have a cabin on the aft.

Since Royal always seems to do a 50s night and 70s night on each cruise......we bring outfits to partake in the events.