Promoting poor etiquette?

I would sooner have it opened after or before hours for a bit of private riding than being able to cut in. As a Star class cruiser that is the way to do it IMO. The best part of the flowrider is getting to know the folks you are riding with as you meet great folks there. That is the spirit of flowriding.

Perfect response! Always classy, which is why you have so many fans on board and on CC :D

###

It probably isn't & likely will not be a problem. The way I see it is that it would be like a Fast Pass at an amusement park, where you get to skip the line on the popular rides. Some rides you have a separate line where you basically get to the front, while some simply merge with the regular line as you get closer. It's not like you get to keep going as many times as you want while the regular customers have to keep waiting.

Agreed with others that if you get to be served first for checkin diining etc for paying more that's acceptable. However I think what the OP was alluding to was the scenario where regular customers do have to stand by while those who can go as many times as they want monopolise the facility. I think that would be detrimental to a cruising experience if it happened because regular cruisers would not be getting what they pay for. So in theory not a good idea - one would need to see if the repeat use thing actually does occur and therefore be a problem. Not sure it falls under etiquette though, more like a policy decisions which be be more likely to see "regular" customers vote with their feet and book with another line.

I don't think Royal is promoting poor etiquette. People do that themselves. I saw a young man with a purple card swap places with an older lady with a walker who seemed to be struggling in line. As he was walking up to the theater instead of waltzing right in, he asked her if she was ok and when she said she was just getting tired, he sent her in and stood in her place. It was a very thoughtful thing to do that did not hurt anyone else. I've seen others act like pompous fools talking down to people.

It's up to the person on how they act.

Great story. Good to see that for every "passenger behaving badly " story there's also some which show the better part of us. Maybe that would be a good thread to do. What kind things have you seen fellow passengers do.

There is no shortage of rude passengers, regardless of what class cabin they are cruising in. Fortunately, there are a lot more wonderful people on every cruise than the Huckleberrys that seem to come on board with the sole purpose of complaining about everything.

Perfect response! Always classy, which is why you have so many fans on board and on CC :D

###

Thanks. I do my best. Sometimes my DW says not so much. ;)

3c2ca5832570995d1af1cce94f5ec5d1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If I was paying 20,000 to sail in a suite, that others are paying 2,000 for, I would expect to get extra perks, although it will never be me. It's the same on airlines, when you pay for first class, you get extra.

20K, wow that's pretty pricey. You should spritzed daily with Evian water for that price.

I'm booked in a Crown Loft Suite(L1) for a Harmony sailing in Feb. Total cost for 2 people including all port charges and taxes was $4579. And I love all the Royal Class Suite perks associated with the cabin.

Good points. I, like you have this wonderful disease. I am diagnosed secondary progressive M.S. I am not in a wheelchair (yet?) but I walk with forearm crutches and am flirting with a scooter. One of the reasons that I like a suite is that on a bad M.S. day I can hang around the cabin and still be able to enjoy the cruise. If I don't feel up to going to the dinning room for dinner I can still get a decent meal delivered to the room. Also, you remind me of an early mentor of mine when I was first diagnosed. She used a scooter at times and a chair at others. She told me that the butt level view was at times enjoyable but the smells could be less than enjoyable. Thanks for sharing your experiences, stay well and humorous.

More power to you guys. I've seen first hand what this disease can do. My brother was diagnosed 20 years ago. Hopefully they will make some medical breakthroughs soon. Keep you're heads up and live life to the fullest.

More power to you guys. I've seen first hand what this disease can do. My brother was diagnosed 20 years ago. Hopefully they will make some medical breakthroughs soon. Keep you're heads up and live life to the fullest.

Thank you for your kind words. Living to the fullest is my goal.

From what I saw it would be a huge waste of resources to open it an hour early or keep it open late just for star class. There just aren't many,if any, that would even do it so on a normal basis the poor staff would have to work even more hours. The system worked just fine on my recent cruise on Allure that had the new star class system. I am an active flowrider and can assure you there wasn't a bunch of people cutting in line.

You clearly are a flowrider yourself and know the culture. So you also know flowriders know the staff as well as any passengers get to know any type of staff. The staff would never let a group of star class overtake the flowrider as is being hypothesized by a few people who haven't even experienced a cruise yet with star class in place. As I said before, this is a non issue and I'm sure if there were some star class trying to monopolize flowrider time it would be snuffed out very quickly by the staff. Personally, if I were star class I'm sure I'd use the perk a little but more like take a ride, hit a lounger for 20 minutes then ride again when it would've been about my time anyhow. So more of a convenience of not have to protect my place in line when I go sit with my wife, go to the restroom, or whatever. Regulars do this all the time anyways by holding places in line for each other.

And for the record, it isn't set up so that they just cut in line. They had a different line and apparently let 5 or so regular line people go and then let a star class go, then 5 regulars, etc.. I only heard this from others on my trip because the star class line was never used while I was flowriding and I was on the flowrider quite a bit. Apparently this happened just a couple of time and not for long. So no one was felt impacted in anyway from what I heard. So again, a big non issue that is being stirred up by people that have no experience with the system and just want to speculate doom and gloom for some weird reason.

So it seems that the only problem would be if a staff member lets a Star Class guest go continuously without letting 'regular' people go in between. I think a problem will be rare.

There is no shortage of rude passengers, regardless of what class cabin they are cruising in. Fortunately, there are a lot more wonderful people on every cruise than the Huckleberrys that seem to come on board with the sole purpose of complaining about everything.
Thankfully you are correct, which is why I never ever have had a "BAD" cruise.....K.O.:)

You missed my point. I wasn't begrudging anybody for anything, and I'm certainly not bitter. People that pay more should get more. I was responding to someone that stated that extra perks provided to suite guests have no effect on everyone else.
My mistake.:o

We have always sailed in OV or Balcony rooms. We were just on the Allure at the beginning of the month and for the first time (maybe only time) we booked a GS.

The only reason we had a suite is because we had sailed the Allure 2 years ago in one of the aforementioned balcony rooms. We loved it and realized upon returning home that we didn't do everything that we had wanted to do. Sooo... of course we had to remedy that by booking another cruise on her. Now we are not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but when we were looking at cruises we looked as far out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry everyone didn't mean to post yet!!

Long story short, we booked 2 years out and got a GS at a really great price. That was long before the new suite perks came out. Fortunately we were on the first sailing that these new suite perks started. The only thing that changed for our GS, as far as I know, was that we got free Wifi.

We were sky class. The only one that really have the changes are the star class.

We never saw anyone use the special lines at the flow rider or the zip line. We still had to stand in line for those things.

We booked another cruise while on board the ship in a balcony stateroom. The only way we will ever do a suite again is if we get another great price, or we purposely save up for one.

All to say, I don't think these new suite perks are changing the experience for the non suite guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by rkkunk

This thread man....

I'm getting a laugh out of some of these opinions. Sounds like a presidential election....

At the end of the day if you are in these "star class" suites. They ARE well over $10k. So they can skip the lines. Just enjoy your vacation rather than complaining that others have something you don't.

I am lucky that we will be able to stay in a CLS because my parents were very generous in deciding to help fund our honeymoon. And because I gave them $6k, I will enjoy the perks. When I don't spend $6k I won't resent those who do and get these perks.

Lastly, on a ship like the Oasis class, there is over 6000 people on board, and a small percentage of those are actually in suites. So this will not be as drastic as everyone makes it seem. And many of them tend to be older, it is just the reality. So to think that the suite passengers are conspiring to monopolize the activities and ruin your vacation is sadly ridiculous.

I don't have an issue with suite guests getting to bypass lines or better seats. I do have an issue with the middle section of the aqua theatre being saved for suite guests until the very end. We had reservations, showed up early and got okay seats. When they let the standby guests in they got all the "reserved" suite seats. This kind of annoyed us.

I don't have an issue with suite guests getting to bypass lines or better seats. I do have an issue with the middle section of the aqua theatre being saved for suite guests until the very end. We had reservations, showed up early and got okay seats. When they let the standby guests in they got all the "reserved" suite seats. This kind of annoyed us.

This is the only spot where suite guests actually get a saved seat that is decent. It is the late comers or those without a reservation who benefit when the suite section is opened 10-15 minutes prior to the show. Those same late arrivers and non-reservation guests might be future pier runners so keep an eye out for them. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Quite frankly, I'm offended by your remarks! At be beginning of our cruising history, we cruised in an inside cabin, then moved up to an ocean view cabin, then to balcony cabins. Finally, we were able to afford a suite; actually we booked a suite for a special anniversary, but we loved it and now find it difficult to NOT cruise in a suite.

We HAVE worked very hard our entire life and have NO guilt over sailing in a suite -- we weren't born into it, we didn't steal it, we earned it! We're not looking to laud our suite benefits over the other cruise mates, but we enjoy them, we paid for them and we will use them!

We don't have a blessed life, we worked for every dang thing we have and now can enjoy what we worked so hard for! For all those non-suite guests who are envious of the suite perks, get busy earning your way toward suites; and if that's impossible, don't begrudge those who do book suites and all the perks that come with them.

I agree completely! You get what you pay for! We will be in star class in August on Oasis and I don't plan on cutting anyone for the flowrider. We worked our way up to suites and have worked hard all our lives to get there. I plan to enjoy my cruise and all the perks and not worry about what anyone else is doing. We'll be celebrating my Daughter's 30th Birthday and that will be my main focus. Cheers, everyone!

I personally don't think that RCI is going far enough regarding the cruise within a cruise model. I would like to see it extended to every ship in the cruise line. We always book suites because we like the extra room and a bit more luxury. You would really be upset if you knew some of the unadvertised perks that we have received. Things like private tours, meals with Sr. Officers, private parties, etc. It's NOT about separating ourselves from "steerage" or the masses, we just enjoy a certain level of luxury and service. Buy the cruise that meets your expectations and fits your budget and I will do the same.

Interesting that not one of the things you mentioned interests me. The only thing that would entice me to get a suite would be the extra space. If the extras are "perks" to you then by all means pay for them and enjoy them. If I bought a suite I wouldn't take advantage of any of those things anyway. Different strokes for different folks!

Interesting that not one of the things you mentioned interests me. The only thing that would entice me to get a suite would be the extra space. If the extras are "perks" to you then by all means pay for them and enjoy them. If I bought a suite I wouldn't take advantage of any of those things anyway. Different strokes for different folks!

I agree with you.......so many options on cruises. There was another thread where folks thought it was outrageous to spend $299 on photos since they have a camera inside their cell phone. I think that's reasonable and a must. I think that drink packages are a waste of money would never buy one. Everything i drink is in my cruise price. Some people like to purchase drink packages...great. I also wonder why you would want streaming internet on a cruise. other than checking in once every few days on e-mail why would you need to contact loved ones? You are on vacation! You should unplug. but there are some folks that want to be connected to work/back home... great that they have that choice.

And I agree, the only reason to get a suite is all that extra space. The other perks are too elitist. Cartwheels anyone? :-)

First of all you'll get over it....:rolleyes: And those folks took a chance and waited, it could have been just as easy that they would have had bad seats and had to sit in the first two rows....K.O.

I agree with you.......so many options on cruises. There was another thread where folks thought it was outrageous to spend $299 on photos since they have a camera inside their cell phone. I think that's reasonable and a must. I think that drink packages are a waste of money would never buy one. Everything i drink is in my cruise price. Some people like to purchase drink packages...great. I also wonder why you would want streaming internet on a cruise. other than checking in once every few days on e-mail why would you need to contact loved ones? You are on vacation! You should unplug. but there are some folks that want to be connected to work/back home... great that they have that choice.

And I agree, the only reason to get a suite is all that extra space. The other perks are too elitist. Cartwheels anyone? :-)

Amazing the level of ignorance we sometimes see on these posts. Do you honestly have any idea what the perks are besides "extra space"? Elitist??? The ignorance is astounding.....K.O.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: