Promoting poor etiquette?

I have to admit I haven't read all 250 posts, but I will add my comment. Suite perks are easy to attain. Anyone can book a suite. If you want the perks, book a suite. If you don't think they're worth the extra cost, don't book one. Pretty easy. Stop whining about what others get that you don't. First class on an airlines get fully reclining seats, free movies and drinks, better food, priority boarding and priority debarking. If you want that, pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, then don't. It's a free country.

Edited by papaflamingo

I have to admit I haven't read all 250 posts, but I will add my comment. Suite perks are easy to attain. Anyone can book a suite. If you want the perks, book a suite. If you don't think they're worth the extra cost, don't book one. Pretty easy. Stop whining about what others get that you don't. First class on an airlines get fully reclining seats, free movies and drinks, better food, priority boarding and priority debarking. If you want that, pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, then don't. It's a free country.

No disagreement from me. I say, like you....as a suite guest, they have paid for what they get.

However, lots of people have differing thoughts, especially those people that confuse moving up the C&A strata to suite benefits. Even with the C&A ladder, if Royal changes their system or chooses to change the perks offered, people have a choice to make -- continue cruising with Royal or not. But it is easier to point a finger than say anything else.

I cruise with Royal for the enjoyment I get for the money I pay, and what comes along with it over time....is to my plus side (as I look at it).

The bigger problem is the 'poor behavior' of cruisers with other cruisers about the perks, whether suite perks or C&A perks.

You are totally missing the point!:rolleyes:

Maybe you should get what this is about first.....

As promised, I am here to report back live from the Sky Loft on Allure.... after several days of enjoying the balcony with a clear view of both flow riders, I can tell you that this is such a non issue that it is ridiculous. In all the hours that I've been on the balcony there has not been one single person in the VIP Suite line to gain access to the flow rider.

The regular line has had a maximum of 15 people waiting and their turns come quickly... on a side note it is rather entertaining to watch some of the wipeouts...

Most of the participants are down and out in less than 45 seconds and then the more experienced can have several minutes until they wipe out. I watched on girl ride for nearly 10 minutes before she wiped out and got back in line.

So... is it fair for one experienced rider to have 10 minutes at a go and someone not experienced to get 30 seconds? Would it be more fair for that short rider to get back on and ride again until he has had several minutes of time?

And again on a separate note... so far we have been met at the door of various events and shows by our Genie and walked past everyone waiting in line to be provided with a best seat available. In addition to many other benefits we've experienced which based on what I read here would be considered "affecting" someone else's cruise experience. We paid for this experience and the only reason I am on this cruise is because it was available. I was willing to shell out more $$$bucks for the privilege.

No disrespect to anyone else - but you get what you pay for.

Thank you for reporting back on this Ronsex. It is fair to say that most weeks this will not be an issue so yes it is easy to say that it is ridiculous. However if by chance you end up on one of the weeks that the system gets abused it will affect your vacation if you are really dedicated to this activity. This issue will come up about 12 weeks a year from just one cruiser who does cruise a lot on oasis class ships. Since the program is still new there may be more but as of right now Royal has written back to me with the "wait and see" approach. They also gave others the exact same letter.

Now I would also agree with you that if a person rides for longer then 2 minutes they should try something that will cause them to fall. It is not fair to ride for extended times when others can not. My runs usually last for a max of 2 and a half minutes because I always wipe out while trying something I know is well beyond my abilities. Most of the time when I have been onboard new riders get a couple tries in a row before they get back in line. On average a new rider with a couple tries takes 2 minutes. The oasis class ships do not always allow 2 tries though so if it is too busy or on the last day people will wait 30 minutes or more for a 30 second try.

I have made a decision that I will not go back on a ship that has this program in place and I have let Royal Caribbean know this. I would like to believe that most people are kind and courteous towards others but programs such as this when abused bring out the worst in everyone. I do not want to have even a slight chance that I would have to endure a week of people complaining or being disrespectful towards others in any way. I have met many people from all walks of life while in line and there is a sense of community among those who are devoted to this activity.

I also take no disrespect to people telling me you get what you pay for. Some people cruise once a year and go all out and some cruise a lot more and sacrifice other non essentials to do so. Many people place value in different areas and spend what they are comfortable in doing so. A lot of people can easily afford the suite life but chose to vacation with less just because that is who they are. There is also the possibility of getting something you don't have to pay anything for though. Just by showing a little courtesy and respect to others you can create a very memorable experience for all around you. If you see someone a few years later on a ship and they instantly smile and remember you by name you know you have created a great lasting memory. I can honestly say that experiencing that kind of connection is one of the reasons I vacation on Royal Caribbean ships with flowriders.

If nothing else this has made aware that changes have taken place that may concern a few people but not the majority. Hopefully if you paid for this it delivers all you expect and if you have not paid for this it does not detract from what you expect.

I've paid rock star prices for years for cruising in now labelled Star Class cabins and flying in the front of the plane as well.

The cruise price is the same today as before and now I get to butt the line for the flowrider. You won't catch me doing it, as it goes against the spirit of flow of riding ethics. Those that will butt are either one and done, or if they ride continuously they are so self centred that they will never "get it". You meet the best people in line.

I totally agree with you on this. Hopefully others will grasp the concept and gain the same rewards we know are there.

It is usually when your perk is at the expense of other people when folks get annoyed. Does it matter that someone has free cocktails in the diamond lounge? How does that affect me at all? Or that someone gets a robe in their room? How does that affect my cruise? How about free specialty restaurant visits? Or a tour of the ship deck? Or some sort of special invite only event? How do those affect my vacation?

Unless you read up on it, you probably wouldn't even know those things existed if you weren't part of them.

However, when someone gets to cut in an hour line multiple times -- that's starting to affect them and their cruise experience.

Sit in first class all you want but if a first class perk was being able to make a coach passenger take his luggage out of the compartment over his seat so you could carry on 3 extra bags -- that would annoy people.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the flowrider but if "VIP" passengers get to cut in front of me in the promenade and get the last Jive Turkey sandwich before me -- that will upset my cruise experience.

YAY!!!! A voice of reason!!!!

This is still always the case with paying for first class...there will always be someone who feels like they were "slighted" in some way because a first class passenger was treated differently. They PAID for the extras and, so, chose to be awarded extra benefits. It is your choice to decide what it is worth to you. We have paid to "express pass" at Disney because I am seriously claustrophobic and like to bypass those dark, closed in spaces. It is important to me and so I pay extra. I have never felt guilty about getting what I paid for but I respect your right to your feelings. I would never argue with someone about space in a line or a seat in the theater etc. We are really easy going but we LOVE the extras we get for cruising in a suite.

I see the new improvement to the suite guess. After a review of it I still don't see a suite room a necessity for me during a cruise. Sometimes suites might be worth it depending on what you want out of your vacation but in my case that I'm always out of the room the more I see the perks for the suite the more I feel happy with my stateroom. 2x points are great but wait!!! Why do I need so many points anyways to seat next to Mario? Lol, no thanks

This is still always the case with paying for first class...there will always be someone who feels like they were "slighted" in some way because a first class passenger was treated differently. They PAID for the extras and, so, chose to be awarded extra benefits. It is your choice to decide what it is worth to you. We have paid to "express pass" at Disney because I am seriously claustrophobic and like to bypass those dark, closed in spaces. It is important to me and so I pay extra. I have never felt guilty about getting what I paid for but I respect your right to your feelings. I would never argue with someone about space in a line or a seat in the theater etc. We are really easy going but we LOVE the extras we get for cruising in a suite.

Disney does not and has never had a paid express pass. Fast passes are free and available to everyone.

Universal offers a paid express pass.

Disney does not and has never had a paid express pass. Fast passes are free and available to everyone.

Universal offers a paid express pass.

Like most theme parks, Disney does offer a VIP Tour which includes a slew of special services including immediate and direct front of the line for any ride and special searing for attractions and parades.

There is almost always an option to pay more, and in some cases much more, to have special benefit.

I have done the Universal Studios VIP experience multiple times when friends and family visit Los Angeles. I would never do it any other way after experiencing immediate front of the line access, special seating, a private tour in a small coach, etc, etc. To me, worth every penny.

Thank you for reporting back on this Ronsex. It is fair to say that most weeks this will not be an issue so yes it is easy to say that it is ridiculous. However if by chance you end up on one of the weeks that the system gets abused it will affect your vacation if you are really dedicated to this activity. This issue will come up about 12 weeks a year from just one cruiser who does cruise a lot on oasis class ships. Since the program is still new there may be more but as of right now Royal has written back to me with the "wait and see" approach. They also gave others the exact same letter.

As I understand it the gent you speak of who makes use of the priority line is a Pinnacle Club member which has absolutely nothing to do with Star Class. With Pinnacle Club status RC is going to fall over themselves to accommodate anything this passenger wants....

Here we are Day 7 and still I've not seen a single passenger ever get in the priority line. There have been a couple other places on the ship that had a special section roped off for Star Class passengers with mostly nobody making use of the benefit.

As I understand it the gent you speak of who makes use of the priority line is a Pinnacle Club member which has absolutely nothing to do with Star Class. With Pinnacle Club status RC is going to fall over themselves to accommodate anything this passenger wants....

Here we are Day 7 and still I've not seen a single passenger ever get in the priority line. There have been a couple other places on the ship that had a special section roped off for Star Class passengers with mostly nobody making use of the benefit.

The users of the perks will vary from week to week. I will only hope that the good riders who are able to use the perk don't over use them. I have noted previously that I can use this short line, but will not. Some might call me foolish, but I follow the flow code.

Ron glad to read you had a good time from your reports, as well as Matt's. Safe trip back to Cali. We are headed to the LA area - Rodeo Drive, Burbank and Chatsworth a week tomorrow so we will wave to you in spirit. On a side note we paid for the VIP Warner Bros Studio Tour for the longer and quieter tour. Kind of ironic/funny what I will pay for to use but not use what comes included with my cabin.;)

Enjoy the last night.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks one of you posted a picture somewhere of the suite priority line on the flow rider. Trying to delight a friend who is going suite class soon, by sharing that with him, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone has it or can find it and repost I would appreciate it.

Hey folks one of you posted a picture somewhere of the suite priority line on the flow rider. Trying to delight a friend who is going suite class soon, by sharing that with him, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone has it or can find it and repost I would appreciate it.

It's only for Star Class as I recall

• 2 weeks later...