Promoting poor etiquette?

Amazing the level of ignorance we sometimes see on these posts. Do you honestly have any idea what the perks are besides "extra space"? Elitist??? The ignorance is astounding.....K.O.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are so tough behind your keyboard making fun of people and "rolling eyes" It makes you feel good, right? :-)

Dear, "THE TRAIL",

If you have read any my previous posts I totally aspire to be a suite cruiser one day. One of the 1%-ers of the sea. I'm working hard and saving money. I've only cruised in inside or oceanview (low class to you) so even balcony would be a step up. I think cruising in a suite is for a small elite few. And I aspire to be one of those folks one day. :-) The main reason is for the space. I doubt I would use the special perks of dining with the captain and monopolizing the flow rider but who knows.

There is no shortage of rude passengers, regardless of what class cabin they are cruising in. Fortunately, there are a lot more wonderful people on every cruise than the Huckleberrys that seem to come on board with the sole purpose of complaining about everything.

Thank you

Well said.

I always try to fly under the radar, enjoy my cruise.

And have a great time and meet fun people.

We sail only once a year and try to make the most of it.

Thanks for your post.

You are so tough behind your keyboard making fun of people and "rolling eyes" It makes you feel good, right? :-)

Dear, "THE TRAIL",

If you have read any my previous posts I totally aspire to be a suite cruiser one day. One of the 1%-ers of the sea. I'm working hard and saving money. I've only cruised in inside or oceanview (low class to you) so even balcony would be a step up. I think cruising in a suite is for a small elite few. And I aspire to be one of those folks one day. :-) The main reason is for the space. I doubt I would use the special perks of dining with the captain and monopolizing the flow rider but who knows.

.........if BERNIE gets elected than everyone will be a 1%er........(that means everyone will only have 1% left of their paycheck after taxes).........

First of all you'll get over it....:rolleyes: And those folks took a chance and waited, it could have been just as easy that they would have had bad seats and had to sit in the first two rows....K.O.

Dear The Trail,

We notice you put "roll eyes sarcastic" emoticons in almost every post. I'm not sure, but there may be a cap on that when you reach your maximum.

Dear The Trail,

We notice you put "roll eyes sarcastic" emoticons in almost every post. I'm not sure, but there may be a cap on that when you reach your maximum.

Not all posts. Some posts are unbiased, intelligent, and worth reading. Those posts have no eye roll emoticons on them, thank you very much....:D

thank you very much....:D

You are most welcome :) I do have to say I enjoy your elitist "gotcha" eye rolling posts. It's fun when you get to have a laugh at those a bit 'less than' you, right?

.........if BERNIE gets elected than everyone will be a 1%er........(that means everyone will only have 1% left of their paycheck after taxes).........

Kindly keep politics out of the discussion. You keep trying to stick it in there. It's a cruise site not your personal blog! And to those in suites I accept invites to hang out in there with you! We will do a suite one of these days and I will enjoy it very much!!! Happy Cruising!

Dear, "THE TRAIL",

You are assuming and you know what that means. Who said one word about making fun of anyone???? Stop contradicting yourself. You say "elitist, then you come right back with saying you aspire to be a suite cruiser one day? Never assume what anyone is thinking. Who ever said an inside or OV is low class????.....You did, no one else on this board. So again post #101 is a good example of why I use certain emoticons. Enjoy your cruises.....K.O. Edited by Thetrail

My first cruise was on Monarch way back in 1996. As I recall there was a special area in the theater reserved for suite passengers even back then. As someone who has been lucky enough to travel suite class on several cruises, I can also say that there has always been priority given to suite passengers, though it may have been a little less obvious, since you basically used the conceirge to get you into a restaurant or some other event that might otherwise have been closed out. I just don't think you're going to see much difference.

Ironically, ncl, a line people often think of as a tier below RCCL, has been putting an emphasis on their enhanced suite programs for years while RCCL lagged behind. I am thrilled that RCCL is now bringing that really enhanced program to the RCCL linr

I agree with you.......so many options on cruises. There was another thread where folks thought it was outrageous to spend $299 on photos since they have a camera inside their cell phone. I think that's reasonable and a must. I think that drink packages are a waste of money would never buy one. Everything i drink is in my cruise price. Some people like to purchase drink packages...great. I also wonder why you would want streaming internet on a cruise. other than checking in once every few days on e-mail why would you need to contact loved ones? You are on vacation! You should unplug. but there are some folks that want to be connected to work/back home... great that they have that choice.

And I agree, the only reason to get a suite is all that extra space. The other perks are too elitist. Cartwheels anyone? :-)

I have been a long time reader of this board but have never posted until now. Just could not let this pass.

"Elitist", seems awfully judgmental of the OP. So I enjoy the new perks and pay the price to enjoy them. I have worked hard since I was young to pay for my own high school (private), college and grad school, working as a paper boy, caddie, in restaurants, at shipping yards sometimes 2-3 jobs at the same time to pay for this. Seeing what was out there and realizing you have to work hard to get it.

Don't get a new car every three years, have to have the latest I-Phone, biggest newest T.V., etc. Live with-in your means and save. If you want the suite perks, skip a cruise and save, book 2 years out as its cheaper, work another job. If you don't think it is worth the time and effort don't book a suite. But to begrudge someone else because they thought it was worth the time or effort is childish.

Mom...Warren BuffetT does not even have to cruise with RCCL, he can use his own private yacht. I want that perk too. Waaah, this isn't fair, Waahhhhh!

Nobody is saying you can't book the suite and enjoy the same perks.

More power to you guys. I've seen first hand what this disease can do. My brother was diagnosed 20 years ago. Hopefully they will make some medical breakthroughs soon. Keep you're heads up and live life to the fullest.

Thanks for the kind words. My Motto: "Head up ... eyes forward ... handling what i'm given with grace and humor".

Kindly keep politics out of the discussion. You keep trying to stick it in there. It's a cruise site not your personal blog! And to those in suites I accept invites to hang out in there with you! We will do a suite one of these days and I will enjoy it very much!!! Happy Cruising!

......IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........:rolleyes:.........(I put that rolleyes in for you The Trail)....:D......now I will refrain from writing about those Boston "Bumsocks".......Oh we always cruise in suites......;)

First of all you'll get over it....:rolleyes: And those folks took a chance and waited, it could have been just as easy that they would have had bad seats and had to sit in the first two rows....K.O.

You seem so personally offended by every post that has an opinion that differs from yours. So worked up over message board posts. Bit of a waste of energy.

I have been a long time reader of this board but have never posted until now. Just could not let this pass.

"Elitist", seems awfully judgmental of the OP. So I enjoy the new perks and pay the price to enjoy them. I have worked hard since I was young to pay for my own high school (private), college and grad school, working as a paper boy, caddie, in restaurants, at shipping yards sometimes 2-3 jobs at the same time to pay for this. Seeing what was out there and realizing you have to work hard to get it.

Don't get a new car every three years, have to have the latest I-Phone, biggest newest T.V., etc. Live with-in your means and save. If you want the suite perks, skip a cruise and save, book 2 years out as its cheaper, work another job. If you don't think it is worth the time and effort don't book a suite. But to begrudge someone else because they thought it was worth the time or effort is childish.

Mom...Warren BuffetT does not even have to cruise with RCCL, he can use his own private yacht. I want that perk too. Waaah, this isn't fair, Waahhhhh!

Nobody is saying you can't book the suite and enjoy the same perks.

Excellent post...

I too have been enticed to comment after years of sitting on the sidelines...

The concepts that you get what you pay for is true here, as it has been for years on various lines.

Years ago we booked the Garden Villa on NCL and each time we were picked up by Limo, greeted at the dock, and walked onto the ship by our butler. All sorts of special privileges were available from dining in any restaurant at any time, a special section in the theatre solely for GV guests, first off the ship at any port, room service from any restaurant.. and the list goes on.

We will be in one of the Sky Lofts on an upcoming Allure sailing and appreciate the extras that are offered. Which is why we booked the Star Class level to begin with. It makes the experience that much more enjoyable. Like anything else that one pays extra for such as a first class seat on a plane or the VIP experience at Universal Studios - you specifically pay extra for the "extras." It has nothing to do with being elitist or going back to "class" status. You pay more - you get more. The same as paying little for an inside room with zero view to a room with an outside balcony.

Enjoy what you have and don't let unknown nonsense affect your experience.

Oh... and by the way - we won't be on the flowrider so no worries there!

Good afternoon fellow cruisers!

I have not read this entire thread, as I simply don't have time for it. But the issue with the new class in my eyes is simple. Suite perks have never really intruded into the daily activities of the regular cruiser before. The new Sky & Star class perks do! What RCCL has effectively done is taken the premier activities, ( Flowrider, zip line, rockwall, ice skating, ect) and given the star/sky cruiser, cart blanch over everyone else as far as access! To what I have read as most feel this is a non issue? Maybe for you that's correct. But for some of us who spend most of our sea days playing on these activities. It's definitely an issue! I'm not saying the suite guests don't deserve perks? What I'm saying is, why are you giving away my cruise time, at my expense ? this is not costing RCCL anything! But it is costing me my time, which happens to be limited while on board. I didn't pay for that!

For the record, my wife and I are C&A Diamond Plus, and we normally stay in balcony, or Jr Suites. We cruise on average 3-4 times a year. We have no desire to be waited on by a Genie, nor do we want the upper end suites, simply put, it's just not us!

We are cruising next, 6/11 on Oasis. I must say I'm more than concerned on how this will impact our vacation! I'll be sure to post our experiences when we get back home!

P&K

Edited by P&K_Lehr

those are the best seats ;)

I have not read this entire thread, as I simply don't have time for it. But the issue with the new class in my eyes is simple. Suite perks have never really intruded into the daily activities of the regular cruiser before. The new Sky & Star class perks do! What RCCL has effectively done is taken the premier activities, ( Flowrider, zip line, rockwall, ice skating, ect) and given the star/sky cruiser, cart blanch over everyone else as far as access! To what I have read as most feel this is a non issue? Maybe for you that's correct. But for some of us who spend most of our sea days playing on these activities. It's definitely an issue! I'm not saying the suite guests don't deserve perks? What I'm saying is, why are you giving away my cruise time, at my expense ? this is not costing RCCL anything! But it is costing me my time, which happens to be limited while on board. I didn't pay for that!

For the record, my wife and I are C&A Diamond Plus, and we normally stay in balcony, or Jr Suites. We cruise on average 3-4 times a year. We have no desire to be waited on by a Genie, nor do we want the upper end suites, simply put, it's just not us!

We are cruising next, 6/11 on Oasis. I must say I'm more than concerned on how this will impact our vacation! I'll be sure to post our experiences when we get back home!

P&K

You might want to read this entire thread as it might have reduced most of your concerns.

The only people who might be effecting you are the highest level of suite called the Star Class, which are only on Oasis and Quantum Class ships. Of that class there are approximately a dozen cabins, with maybe 60 people total that are eligible for these new perks that concern you. Spread them across the entire ship and you might actually bump into one during your cruise. As for the Sky Class it is really no different than the original suite perk program.

All the other ship classes remain the same regarding the original suite perk system. If it is that concerning perhaps you might want to sail on the other class of ships after your upcoming Oasis Class cruise where the new suite Class program does not exist.

Edited by A&L_Ont

For the record, my wife and I are C&A Diamond Plus, and we normally stay in balcony, or Jr Suites. We cruise on average 3-4 times a year. We have no desire to be waited on, nor do we want the upper end suites, simply put, it's just not us!

P&K

Go ahead and worry but I doubt you will need to. You said you didn't read the whole thread so I assume you may have missed a few things. The original OP was just speculating based on zero first hand knowledge or experience on a star class ship and quite frankly doesn't know what he/she is talking about. This type of silly post now has you worried.

It was a non issue for us that have cruised on a star class ship because none of us had any issues on our cruises. I was never once delayed due to a star class passenger and I am a very active person too. I was on the flowrider a lot and never once saw a star class passenger use the star class priority. Hence, a non issue. There are only 11 star class cabins on Oasis and these are the only cabins with this type of priority. That's right, just 11 cabins yet somehow people think this is going to impact 6000 other passengers. Just do the math on that. Sky class get the other types of perks that have been in place for a very long time (special seating at shows, priority boarding, etc.) and free internet. I'm certain at some point soon on this thread someone will be mad at sky class for hogging bandwidth when using the internet.

Again, this doom and gloom attitude so far is all based on lack of knowledge and from what I can tell from reading these posts the desire by some to believe that people staying in suites not only have the ability to but indeed are hogging the flowrider and zip line all day long. Of course, none of this is true but why let facts get in the way of a good class warfare story.

A complete non issue...

11 suites - maybe 40 people - but more like 25 to 30.

Do you really think people are booking and paying for Star Class level to monopolize the FlowRider?

We won't be.

Such a non issue.

P&K

I have not read this entire post, as I simply don't have time for it.

From what I have read of this post, you need to read this thread because people are not being negatively impacted by this new program. I have sailed Oasis since the new program started and saw the signs for the new lines and there was never anyone in the suite line.

You might want to read this entire thread as it might have reduced most of your concerns.

The only people who might be effecting you are the highest level of suite called the Star Class, which are only on Oasis and Quantum Class ships. Of that class there are approximately a dozen cabins, with maybe 60 people total that are eligible for these new perks that concern you. Spread them across the entire ship and you might actually bump into one during your cruise. As for the Sky Class it is really no different than the original suite perk program.

All the other ship classes remain the same regarding the original suite perk system. If it is that concerning perhaps you might want to sail on the other class of ships after your upcoming Oasis Class cruise where the new suite Class program does not exist.

Thank you for your response, But this is in fact a major issue! I'm a member of several forum groups regarding the Flowrider, as that is my passion. I would be happy to direct you to the links, however I will abide by CC rules and not post them here. The week the priority structure came out, there was a very big conflict on Allure.

Currently, there is also a conflict this week on Oasis, boogie board side.

There is also conflicts on both ships on the zip line the past 2 weeks.

So, yes, Oasis is following the new class rules.

Cruisers have all this documented, via emails to nfrau@rccl.com , rfain@rccl.com and others with these emails being displayed publicly on various forums. For what ever reason, CC & this thread is supporting RCCL as stating this a non issue?? The people reporting these issues are onboard these ships stating the problems.

I came to CC earlier today to view the roll call for my cruise, and stumbled upon this thread. I'm certainly not looking for a fight. I just wanted to add my 2 cents to what I felt was a general discussion.

P&K

Thank you for your response, But this is in fact a major issue! I'm a member of several forum groups regarding the Flowrider, as that is my passion.

Not buying it. I just don't see how this could possibly turn into a "major issue." And I've also read responses from people who were actually "onboard these ships" stating it was a nonissue.

Granted, there are probably some who would make a big stink about it, if even the occasional "star suite" guest gets to go ahead of them, causing them a couple extra minutes in line. I just don't believe that they're letting a small group of people dominate a feature like the Flowrider by repeatedly using it while others wait.

Thank you for your response, But this is in fact a major issue! I'm a member of several forum groups regarding the Flowrider, as that is my passion. I would be happy to direct you to the links, however I will abide by CC rules and not post them here. The week the priority structure came out, there was a very big conflict on Allure.

Currently, there is also a conflict this week on Oasis, boogie board side.

There is also conflicts on both ships on the zip line the past 2 weeks.

So, yes, Oasis is following the new class rules.

Cruisers have all this documented, via emails to nfrau@rccl.com , rfain@rccl.com and others with these emails being displayed publicly on various forums. For what ever reason, CC & this thread is supporting RCCL as stating this a non issue?? The people reporting these issues are onboard these ships stating the problems.

I came to CC earlier today to view the roll call for my cruise, and stumbled upon this thread. I'm certainly not looking for a fight. I just wanted to add my 2 cents to what I felt was a general discussion.

P&K

That runs counter to my experience. Can you direct me to where I can see these discussions. I would be interested in reading about what the issue was.