Global entry

RNGALNG

For the person who gets precheck all the time without paying for it.

It is because of age. After one is a certain age, they no longer take

the time and send you to send thought through the normal tsa liine. Check the tsa web site as to age, and

other requirements for the tsa pre check. We love the goes pass getting off

planes,it has saved us time. Ye,s they use passport machines in Seattle, Detroit,

Chicago, San Francisco, but the lines are still very long. We got off the plane and in minutes are waiting for cases. Now, it only that, getting cases, was faster. Even with first class, and business, there is still a wait. We can dream.

For everyone getting a goes---it is worth the wait and you will love it.

We got off the plane and in minutes are waiting for cases. Now, it only that, getting cases, was faster. Even with first class, and business, there is still a wait. We can dream.

For everyone getting a goes---it is worth the wait and you will love it.

Our first experience with GE was last Sunday at Dulles (Washington, DC) airport last Sunday afternoon. No lines at all for the GE machines so that took less than 3 minutes. Waited for our luggage (tagged Priority on United) and waited some more. Luggage stopped coming out. DH went to the counter and asked if there was more luggage coming off our flight (a number of other folks were standing around). Staff checked our baggage claims and said "luggage made the plane in Munich (from our original flight in Marseille) so it should be off soon." Five minutes later there was an announcement that "Additional luggage from the United Munich flight has yet to be delivered because it was sent to the wrong side of the airport :eek:." We waited another 20 minutes before our bags were delivered. The line for customs (the exit) was incredibly long but with GE we had only one individual in front of us. We handed over our receipt and left the airport vowing not to travel thru Dulles on a Sunday afternoon in the summer ever again since it was such a zoo!

Here's some information most should find useful.

Wife and I applied for GOES 23 May 2016.

Received emails today time stamped at 4:10 AM that we should check in to our account as the status had changed.

Both applications were approved.

Take away points:

Applications took 19 days, including weekends, to approve.

Received the email notification on a Saturday so they do process on weekends.

Now we need to schedule appointments.

DH and I also applied for Global Entry on 5/23/16. We just received notice today (Sun, 6/12/16) to schedule our interviews.

We live in the Fort Lauderdale area and both of our interviews are scheduled on 8/27. I am going to keep checking back, in case something earlier opens up. Is there any chance of that happening?

DH and I also applied for Global Entry on 5/23/16. We just received notice today (Sun, 6/12/16) to schedule our interviews.

We live in the Fort Lauderdale area and both of our interviews are scheduled on 8/27. I am going to keep checking back, in case something earlier opens up. Is there any chance of that happening?

We too live in the Fort Lauderdale area and received our GE in March, two months after conditional acceptance. At least it looks like the timing hasn't slipped noticeably since then, unlike at some other GE processing centers. I would recommend that you keep looking at the calendar since there are last minute cancellations but it might be more difficult if you are trying to find consecutive interview times.

BTW when we arrived early and expected to sit for 15 and 30 minutes (we had B2B appointments) there were 2 officers available for the interview so we had simultaneous interviews that were completed in about 7 minutes.

We live in North Alabama. Our closest interview locations were Atlanta (four hour plus drive) or Nashville (two hour drive). Of course, we preferred Nashville.

Just made our appointments. Not a lot of choices particularly when I needed to make two at back to back times. July was completely blanked out. I didn't see any appointments opportunities for two until November.

There actually were more appointment opportunities in Jun than later. Most were after 1600 which weren't all that convenient considering Nashville traffic during rush hour and returning home late.

Then I noticed, SURPRISE, appointments were available on some Sundays. Not all, but some. I was able to snag two very workable appointments.

Here's a clue for scheduling. This will be clear when you get to that point. Set the tab to month. You'll get a calendar. Each day will be notated with an A for available appointments or N for non available. Click on specific days and another window will open which shows what times are available. Color blue means available grey means none. Click on what you want and you'll go to confirm.

Another hint, make sure you take the required documentation with you. See the website.

We live in North Alabama. Our closest interview locations were Atlanta (four hour plus drive) or Nashville (two hour drive). Of course, we preferred Nashville.

Just made our appointments. Not a lot of choices particularly when I needed to make two at back to back times. July was completely blanked out. I didn't see any appointments opportunities for two until November.

There actually were more appointment opportunities in Jun than later. Most were after 1600 which weren't all that convenient considering Nashville traffic during rush hour and returning home late.

As strange as this is, I added a Global Entry special 5 day event in LNK as we don't have anything near by. I was told they had a couple from Nashville who drove up as they couldn't get anything at Nashville. They were leaving soon for an international trip and could get appointments in Lincoln. Bizarre.

As strange as this is, I added a Global Entry special 5 day event in LNK as we don't have anything near by. I was told they had a couple from Nashville who drove up as they couldn't get anything at Nashville. They were leaving soon for an international trip and could get appointments in Lincoln. Bizarre.

I'm guessing they are staffing up. I just received the notification that we had been approved yesterday. I did a quick survey of what was available and I'm almost certain those Sunday appointments were not shown. But, this morning they were available. And, as I said, lots of appointments available after 1600 for the rest of June at Nashville.

Very happy to drive to two hours to Nashville on a Sunday morning. Was not going to be happy to fight rush hour in Nashville on a weekday afternoon.

Amazing thing, I live near Huntsville Al which has a major military installation and NASA nearby. Lots of business and international passengers. No GOES interviews. I would think they could send a couple of personnel here TDY for a couple of days a month.

You might want to check the West Palm Beach location as well. They are located in the cruise port area and we were able to get in right away after our application and they also have walk in times in the afternoon without an appointment. The process takes only 10 minutes to complete and we were happy to drive the 40 minutes it took to get there from Port St. Lucie.

We applied for GOES on 5/24 and a few minutes ago, I received notification of conditional approval. So it's either Boston or Warwick , ugh. Looks like the earliest appointments for us will be January 17th at PVD.

We'll be in CA is August and FL in October, so we will check for local appointments when we're at each location.

Darcy

Amazing thing, I live near Huntsville Al which has a major military installation and NASA nearby. Lots of business and international passengers. No GOES interviews. I would think they could send a couple of personnel here TDY for a couple of days a month.

I had just by chance came across a newsletter by a TA that they would be in town at this agency for 5 days. If I hadn't read that, I would have missed it entirely. I mentioned it to several others days later (unfortunately too late for them to apply) and they had no idea. Even the person who handles International Travel for my college didn't know.

So it may be happening locally and you may not know about it? Though, we are more than 2 hours away from a local enrollment center - we were 7 hours away until just recently. Now we are 3.5 hours away.

Over on Flyer Talk, I have read of companies bringing officers in for their company - there was a SFO software company that did it a few times a year. I even ran across a web brochure on how to organize an event for your companies employees and options if you want their families to participate and/or outside people.

Here is the web brochure I had found:

http://www.sabretravelnetwork.com/files/On-site_Global_Entry_enrollment_Jan2013.pdf

Edited by Coral

I had just by chance came across a newsletter by a TA that they would be in town at this agency for 5 days. If I hadn't read that, I would have missed it entirely. I mentioned it to several others days later (unfortunately too late for them to apply) and they had no idea. Even the person who handles International Travel for my college didn't know.

I just googled GOES Huntsville AL and found nothing.

I do remember seeing an interview site in Decatur Alabama a few months ago. Not there now. Maybe they open and close them?

You might want to check the West Palm Beach location as well. They are located in the cruise port area and we were able to get in right away after our application and they also have walk in times in the afternoon without an appointment. The process takes only 10 minutes to complete and we were happy to drive the 40 minutes it took to get there from Port St. Lucie.

Great hint! Thank you. I didn't realize WPB was a location. I am going to check that now.

Yes, you can move your appointment around to take advantage of cancellations. In my area this can cut waiting time up to seven months.

Make sure to never cancel an appointment without booking the new one - the system will reject your application if you don't have an appointment scheduled in the future and it's been more than (90?) days from your approval.

If two members of the same household need appointments, most locations will let you take a single time slot. Move one user to the available cancellation, leave the other in the future, and both show up with your letter and supporting documents.

Does this really work? Anyone have success with it? It would be great if I could move up 1 of our appointments up and have the other tag along, and they take both of us at the same time.

We applied for GOES on 5/24 and a few minutes ago, I received notification of conditional approval. So it's either Boston or Warwick , ugh. Looks like the earliest appointments for us will be January 17th at PVD.

We'll be in CA is August and FL in October, so we will check for local appointments when we're at each location.

Darcy

Hi!

Does your statement mean there are no apps. in BOS before Jan. If so guess as soon as we hear will have to check out other locations.☹️

Claire

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi!

Does your statement mean there are no apps. in BOS before Jan. If so guess as soon as we hear will have to check out other locations.☹️

Claire

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Boston's first appointments began the week of January 22nd. Considering what it would cost the get to Logan, morning traffic, parking, etc., one week earlier in PVD was our only option.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

Boston's first appointments began the week of January 22nd. Considering what it would cost the get to Logan, morning traffic, parking, etc., one week earlier in PVD was our only option.

Darcy

Thanks for your prompt reply. Guess we better hope for an appt. in Fla.

Claire

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does this really work? Anyone have success with it? It would be great if I could move up 1 of our appointments up and have the other tag along, and they take both of us at the same time.

I think it would work if you can get appointments the same day. When I was at my site, there was a family of 3. One had an 8:30 and the other 2 were at 9:15 and 9:30. Mine was at 9. They took all 3 of them at 8:40.

You could call the interview center. It might vary by location. The contact numbers are listed on the website.

I was able to choose two back to back interview times on the website.

Edited by RocketMan275

I think it would work if you can get appointments the same day. When I was at my site, there was a family of 3. One had an 8:30 and the other 2 were at 9:15 and 9:30. Mine was at 9. They took all 3 of them at 8:40.

You could call the interview center. It might vary by location. The contact numbers are listed on the website.

I was able to choose two back to back interview times on the website.

Thank you for responses! This thread has been great.

It certainly worked for me - I wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

The key points:

• Conditional Approval letter printed
  • Supporting documents at hand
  • Date of interview for later person handy (saves the officer some effort)
  • Recognize it's a courtesy.

We're 90 minutes and a boat ride each way from the enrollment center, so it wouldn't have been a tragedy had they said no, but Seattle has been very tolerant of this. Other centers have generally allowed it, but there are scattered reports that some don't, or some officers at some centers won't.

I just googled GOES Huntsville AL and found nothing.

I do remember seeing an interview site in Decatur Alabama a few months ago. Not there now. Maybe they open and close them?

That's because you don't apply FOR "GOES", rather you USE "GOES" to apply FOR one of the known traveler programs. GOES is the application entry system, not the program. ES even means "Entry System" (the full name is Global Online Entry System). There are four different programs handled by GOES; Global Entry is just one of them. Each has different requirements and each has different locations for the interviews (for instance, NEXUS, one of the programs applied for via GOES, is a joint program with Canada so all interview sites are near the U.S. - Canada border).

Also, appointments for private and/or temporary interview sites may not be handled through GOES. My interview was done on-site at work and appointments were handled by the company. I was told just leave my already scheduled via GOES interview for a later date as it was (to meet the must schedule an interview once conditionally approved requirement) and once I was approved at the at work interview, the other appointment would be automatically cancelled (it was).

Yes - this worked at DFW - my appointment was an hour before my husbands and I just mentioned it to the man interviewing me and he went out and brought him in and did both of us together.

Yes - this worked at DFW - my appointment was an hour before my husbands and I just mentioned it to the man interviewing me and he went out and brought him in and did both of us together.

I was asking about if our appointments were on different days/months and we both showed up would they take both of us.

Edited by metairiegal

It certainly worked for me - I wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

The key points:

• Conditional Approval letter printed
  • Supporting documents at hand
  • Date of interview for later person handy (saves the officer some effort)
  • Recognize it's a courtesy.

We're 90 minutes and a boat ride each way from the enrollment center, so it wouldn't have been a tragedy had they said no, but Seattle has been very tolerant of this. Other centers have generally allowed it, but there are scattered reports that some don't, or some officers at some centers won't.

Thanks for that info.