Is Concierge Class good value

jgsatgka

On an M Class ship it's possible that it is worth the value due to the fact that the cabins are slightly larger. On an S Class ship where the rooms are the same size I don't see the value unless the only cabins in the location you want are Concierge, then only you can make the decision if the additional price is worth the location. The sparkling wine and afternoon savories aren't worth it in my opinion.

Just got off the Solstice in Concierge. The only perks we cared about were deck location and the special boarding line. Got the location, but due to a huge mess in Vancouver's Canada Place (3 ships, ~10,000 people, boarding in one day) the special boarding was out the window.

I agree the other enticements are not worth it. We did like our higher location aft, however.

I just had concierge class on the infinity. It was not worth the extra money. The private departure area was nice. The daily delectable delights were not very good. We only got them delivered to our room 4 out of 11 days. We did not use any of the other perks. The priority line at embarkation saved us at the most 10 minutes. I would only do it again if the price was very close to a regular balcony.

Just back from our second cruise with Celebrity, second cruise ever, and were wondering, on reflection, if Concierge is good value for the money. Any thoughts??

There is a 100 per person between a C3 and a B2 in my up coming Cruise. You do earn extra points for Captains Club. Some people like the flowers and the snacks everyday and a bottle of bubbly upon arriving.

Personal choice and location on the ship.

I am staying in my OV. My cruise is already overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first 2 Celebrity cruises were Concierge and the most recent one we went with Verandah and quite frankly we noticed no difference that affected our enjoyment of our vacation. We felt no less pampered. We didn't enjoy the "appetizers" and if we were snacky preferred to go up to the Oceanview Cafe and get something appealing. My husband is diabetic, so we didn't drink the sparkling wine (the first cruise they let us exchange it for red, but not on the second.) The flowers are 3 little posies :confused: big deal. Our cabins were just as tended to, our seating at dinner was just as nice. The only difference we noted was that we don't get as many Captain's Club points.

Oh, and we had to wait in a different line when it was time to embark, so we got on board about 45 seconds later. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's so much about 'are the perks worth it', but more 'is the cabin location where you want to be'. We wanted an aft cabin on an M class ship with the larger cabin and balcony, that means a C1 cabin. It could be called anything, it wouldn't make a difference, that's the cabin I wanted in my price range. The added perks are a bonus, not a deal maker. At the time I booked, it was more expensive than Aqua, still didn't make a difference because those cabins are not in a location I wanted to be and I don't like the closeness of the tables in Blu.

If you're not too bothered about location, book the cheapest option of the category you want e.g. balcony, OV etc. and use the savings for something else.

Celebrity finally seems to realize that there is almost no reason to book concierge class....and they recently improved the perks. To me, it looks like someone in marketing created something they could point to as perks without spending any money....marketing hype...and the celebrity pages have already been updated with the "NEW" perks....for what they are worth.

Yes...there is now an embarkation day lunch for concierge (not aqua) passengers. I value that at about $20 a person. They have (presumably) added a dedicated concierge for concierge class (in all my cruises, I have never even talked to the concierge, wherever they are). There is now a concierge on the dock at embarkation (to help you purchase things or perhaps make reservations for packages....really?). Finally, a dedicated destination seminar for concierge passengers (essentially selling you the same celebrity excursions with the same presentation you would get if you went to the usually empty destination seminars open to everyone).

IMHO, Celebrity can fool new passengers into buying in to the luxury of Concierge Class, but they have to invest a few $'s and improve the perks if they want experienced celebrity cruisers to book those cabins. The exception is the C1 rear cabins on the S-class ships which do offer value. IMHO there was little incentive to book C2/C3 before and that hasn't changed with the "NEW" upgraded perks.

Book a 1A (at 1B price...captain's club)..save a little money and you will probably get a better cabin on an S-class ship. Book C2 at C3 price on an M-class ship just for the extra 20 sq ft.

Edited by ghstudio

For us it about location. On the S Class ships we like C2 cabins on deck 12 near the elevators. We like the location because it is close to the pool and 1 deck up to the Oceanview Cafe. I happen to like the appetizers in the afternoon while getting ready for the Elite event.

We normally book Concierge, Aqua or Suite Class.

We are going on our first Celebrity cruise in two C2 cabins because that was all that was available when we booked. On the one hand, I look forward to enjoying some of the perks (however small they may be) and the extra points we will earn, but on the other hand, reading threads like this reassures me that we would be fine without it on the next X cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Celebrity really needs to give the people who book in Conceierge Class something for their money. A lunch when you are on board the first day is useless to us. We are going to be with other people who would not be able to attend the lunch. All of the things they offer have no value..It's all fluff. Conceierge class desk and so on. What for?

Give the cruisers something like getting your website to finally work would really make us happy.

A couple strawberry's and crackers on a plate in my room then ask an extra $100 a piece. I just don't get it. I'm not a complainer but come on Celebrity make it worth it for the people who pay to cruise on your ships.