Beer and Food and Vegemite

Coopers beer, don't know anyone who drinks it, a bit like fosters, but if it's all you can get its all you can get, you really need a xxxx a vb and a tooheys. Some Aussie wine maybe.

Coopers is a South Australian beer and very popular, they have many varieties but the Pale Ale and the Dark are my favourites. I am sure the exported version will be fine.:D

Coopers is a South Australian beer and very popular, they have many varieties but the Pale Ale and the Dark are my favourites. I am sure the exported version will be fine.:D

Yeah I know it's South Aussie, just think it's awful.

But then beer is a bit like food, subjective.

Went to a restaurant in Florence in 2002 and it was called "Australia" just near the square that had the fake David statue.

On the menu was vegemite pizza. It actually wasnt too bad.

Took hubby in 2012 and it had closed down sadly.

Edited by Tara Jane

Where you been Mick?????

I've really only eaten things like emu meatballs in Outback themed restaurants overseas. My favourite Australian themed place was in, I think, Boston. It was called Ned Kelly's and advertised proudly that it sold Australia's famous beef muffins. If it wasn't 1000 degrees and 2000 percent humidity at the time I would have ventured in to see what I had been missing out on, but it will now remain a mystery.

My husband (and we are originally South Australians) likes Coopers just fine but is now drinking Lazy Yak beer.

I was cruising the Mediterranean on the Epic and the Connie B2B.:D

So where are the reviews???????

How was the check in experience...not as good I bet...... and no chocolates for the check in agent. :D:D:D Where did you sail from?

So where are the reviews???????

How was the check in experience...not as good I bet...... and no chocolates for the check in agent. :D:D:D Where did you sail from?

Reviews are coming.

Check-ins were from

Barcelona for NCL (about an hour from Bag drop off to being on board) but we have no priority boarding status with NCL so reasonably quick for a large ship like the Epic.

Rome for X on the Connie, about 10 minutes to get on board as we were suite guests and there was no line. Timed our arrival perfectly.

As we were B2B, we just had a transfer slip to get back through security.

Despite the relatively quick times, the check in agents are not as good as Sydney's finest.

Welcome back MicC

missed your constant consistent coherent contributions on cruise critic compardre... :eek:

ciao r

:cool:

Cheers

Clearly clever conversational comments come comfortably Comrade. :cool:

A Cattlemans Dinner hey.

Are these menus for George st or Flinders st cattlemen.

Heres the drovers and ringers menu.

Roo tail on the ashes

Damper in the campoven.

Snags

Potato salad

Coleslaw

and some LAMB,i say not one mention of LAMB,failing that some 3 tooth mutton.

Tomato Sauce

Paper plates and plastic knives and forks

Beer and Bundy.

All done on a 1/2 a 44 gallon and some rusty reo mesh.

Dont forget the first aid plasters for the first person to drive their plastic knife and fork through their sauce sodden paper plate,into their thigh.:rolleyes:

Thought damper might be a bit complex, used to lave making the dough, wrap it around a sick, cook it, pull out the stick so you have a hollow cone of damper, fill that with syrup.

Yummy.

This brings back childhood memories of camping, is kids hunting around for the perfect thick damper stick and meticulously wrapping the damper so there wasn't any holes for the golden syrup to drip out of.

On a similar note, what about golden syrup dumplings with thick cream on top?

This brings back childhood memories of camping, is kids hunting around for the perfect thick damper stick and meticulously wrapping the damper so there wasn't any holes for the golden syrup to drip out of.

On a similar note, what about golden syrup dumplings with thick cream on top?

Golden Syrup on just about anything.