Live from Journey

excitedofharpenden

Hi Phil,

Really enjoying your post and pictures, especially the 'Greek Gods & Goddess'.

I'd be interested to know of the beaches on Mykonos and Patmos, as we'll be visiting both in September.

Have fun,

Glenn and Michael

Mykonos we went to Paradise Beach. It's a lot of fun, but not to everyone's taste. If you like it quiet then stay away. Taxi there is €20. It's a little bit of a drive. Their own shuttle will take you back for €3. Runs every hour. There is no charge for sunbeds, but cocktails are expensive and not that strong. Patmos we went to Agriolivado. Been here last time I was there. Quiet, nice beach and swimming. Facilities. Google it. Roundtrip taxi was €35. It's about 6kms away.

Phil

I went to Kusadasi and didn't buy a rug, but could have matched with a watch, leather jacket, lamps and many other things they will try and sell you. I managed to get a pair of trousers for White Night and beat a hasty retreat. We were in port with Celebrity Reflection and I was fortunate to be invited on for a tour. I will be on her in October, so it was nice to do. She is very beautiful inside. A couple of shots of little and large, the second one from deck 12 of Reflection.

image_zpsovgpmflf.jpeg

image_zpslgcwla4v.jpeg

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

We were in port with Celebrity Reflection and I was fortunate to be invited on for a tour. I will be on her in October, so it was nice to do. She is very beautiful inside.

How did you manage to get the invite for the tour Phil?

I was not so lucky.

Celebrity Silhouette was in Liverpool yesterday, so as we live in Huddersfield, I emailed Captains Club about 3 weeks ago, requesting a tour. The reply came that tours are only for 'guests who have not cruised with us before!'

They did say they would contact the ship to see if they had any cancellations, but we never had a reply.

We are Elite, so certainly NOT new customers, having been on Eclipse x3 , but never Silhouette.

I went to Kusadasi and didn't buy a rug, but could have matched with a watch, leather jacket, lamps and many other things they will try and sell you.

image_zpsovgpmflf.jpeg

Phil

Great shot of little and large!

I do though have a vision of you in white trousers with a lampshade on your head, sorry

How did you manage to get the invite for the tour Phil?

I was not so lucky.

Celebrity Silhouette was in Liverpool yesterday, so as we live in Huddersfield, I emailed Captains Club about 3 weeks ago, requesting a tour. The reply came that tours are only for 'guests who have not cruised with us before!'

They did say they would contact the ship to see if they had any cancellations, but we never had a reply.

We are Elite, so certainly NOT new customers, having been on Eclipse x3 , but never Silhouette.

I don't think it is something they normally do Jackie. It was arranged, but still the guy at the door was ready to say no, only crew, but I have some contacts and maybe because I'm Zenith that made a difference too. Don't know. It wasn't demanded by me and very nice of them to do it.

Phil

I went to Kusadasi and didn't buy a rug, but could have matched with a watch, leather jacket, lamps and many other things they will try and sell you. I managed to get a pair of trousers for White Night and beat a hasty retreat. We were in port with Celebrity Reflection and I was fortunate to be invited on for a tour. I will be on her in October, so it was nice to do. She is very beautiful inside. Phil

We will have to get you a proper lampshade before you go home :).

When it comes to ships visits I think it's mostly travel professionals that get the offer. I have a visit in Ålesund tomorrow where I am pleased to say I have been invited aboard the "Navigator of the Seas". I'm getting the full ships tour with lunch, but the only reason I secured the invite is because I know the sales rep from Royal Caribbean and asked him to organize it.

Not easy to get invites unless you have someone on the "inside".

The Greek porters are supposed to be on strike tomorrow, so it's not going to be a fun day for those disembarking and embarking the ship tomorrow.

Phil

What a shame about the strike. Hope it's not too chaotic for those arriving and departing.

Fortunately, all you have to worry about is moving 'house' LOL

A few shots from White Night including the mandatory selfie. Excellent evening in warm Kusadasi weather.

image_zps4f6ffsfv.jpeg

image_zpsigy204ev.jpeg

image_zpst9tnfy6p.jpeg

image_zpswpknm85r.jpeg

Phil

Hi Phil, thanks for the updates and pics. Now that I know what you look like, I'll seek you out and say "hi" when I'm onboard 3rd July. I'm sure you'll still be onboard then? Liz

Hi Phil, thanks for the updates and pics. Now that I know what you look like, I'll seek you out and say "hi" when I'm onboard 3rd July. I'm sure you'll still be onboard then? Liz

Liz, that's the day I get off.

Turnaround day yesterday in Athens. The crew did a better job with the luggage than the striking porters! Now on our way to Greece's ancient capital, Nauplion. Never been, but have heard great things about it.

Phil

Turnaround day yesterday in Athens. The crew did a better job with the luggage than the striking porters! Now on our way to Greece's ancient capital, Nauplion. Never been, but have heard great things about it.

Phil

Guess you have to get off sometime Phil. 😏 Enjoy your vacation. 😀

Phil

We were there over 40 years ago.

Have thought of returning, so would love any comments you have time to share.

Hope you're enjoying a lovely day in Nauplion. Am very envious of you at the minute. 11 days and counting

H x

Me too, Nauplion sounds gorgeous. Hope lunch was good.

H....just one to go for that magic number. :)

Nauplion was indeed gorgeous. We were recommended a place to eat by some friends, which was really good. Comedy magician Mandy Muden leave us today. Pianist Brooks Aehron was due on the ship today, but some miscommunication means he won't arrive until Valletta which meant some hasty rearrangement. Singer Bruce Parker arrives soon. He is great.

Continuing to have a great time. Yesterday I went to a party on the beach in Mykonos yesterday with some of the crew there too. Fortunately I don't need to do boat drill;). Santorini today. Boat to Oia and lunch out.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden