Live from Journey

excitedofharpenden

I spoke to Captain Johannes this morning. I'd worked out from the itinerary map that early morning at around 6am we would pass volcano Stromboli. I asked how far away it was going to be. Around 5 miles. Having said I love this kind of thing and enjoyed it the last time we passed the island in 2015 he spoke to the bridge and we are now going to do a 1 mile pass at 6.15am. So cool. Only on Azamara!

Where is the 'Like' button!

Edited by upwarduk

We are in sunny Amalfi today. Kicked back this morning and then off for lunch ashore. Azamazing Evening last night in Sorrento was excellent. Songs of Caruso. Three really excellent singers, a wonderful guitarist and some really fun young dancers.

A totally different mix of passengers on this shorter 7 night cruise. It's amazing what a difference each cruise can be. Not worse, just different.

I spoke to Captain Johannes this morning. I'd worked out from the itinerary map that early morning at around 6am we would pass volcano Stromboli. I asked how far away it was going to be. Around 5 miles. Having said I love this kind of thing and enjoyed it the last time we passed the island in 2015 he spoke to the bridge and we are now going to do a 1 mile pass at 6.15am. So cool. Only on Azamara!

Still having so much fun on this cruise.:cool:

Phil

😎 😎 😎 😎

We passed Stromboli one evening as the sun was setting on our recent cruise.

Hope to see your pictures on FB.

We passed Stromboli on our Quest May 17th cruise. It was highlighted to us early in the evening, and we were to pass at about 9.p.m. We were in Aqualina, and asked about it at that time, then went up to The Living Room, still no news, and we heard nothing further, so we ventured out on deck with about 20 others. We could just make out the cone shape of the island, but it was not co-operating in terms of eruptions, so we couldnt see any red at the top. We have seen it before and at that time it looked very spectacular with mini eruptions ever 11 or 12 minutes.

Brilliant picture Phil.

As for living in one of those little white houses ....well life wouldn't be dull!

Thank you for your tips on Lucca. Can I ask if you took the taxi back to the shuttle or the ship.? We are struggling to remember if taxi's were available on the port or at the port gates. I would like to post the information on our role call

as people are starting to get trips together.

I am pretty sure you recommended a pizza place at the port in Taormina for us and would love to know if you have a recommendation for Lucca or if you just

'Go with your gut instinct'

Thanks in advance.

Continuing to love this trip. Weather has been sunny all the way. We were in Mykonos again yesterday and were due to leave at 5.30am today, but the high winds we had there forced us to leave at midnight. We broke three mooring ropes while docked and there were crew posted on watch at both ends of the ship to keep an eye on things. A tough day for the Captain and officers and all crew onboard by 10pm because of circumstances, so no chance for any late night trip into town.

So we have just arrived in Paros, a tender port and I will probably do what I did yesterday and have a walk around and have lunch off the ship.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Something they've been doing on this cruise is offering two whites and two reds on the wine selection, eg Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. Not sure if this is a new policy or a trial. I'll try to find out.

Phil

That sounds great if they continue it.

Something they've been doing on this cruise is offering two whites and two reds on the wine selection, eg Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. Not sure if this is a new policy or a trial. I'll try to find out.

Phil

Now that is a good idea, saves them having to dig around for alternatives for those of us who cant to Chardonnay. In many ways its a simple idea that will make quite a positive difference for the guests = so typically Azamara

Following on from Phil's comment, tonight's Pursuits has a statement from Azamara that they have listened to our comments, and from this cruise onwards two complementary Reds and Whites will be offered at all open bars throughout the day

I can confirm this as fact as we were offered two reds and two whites in the Patio Grill which we tried for the first time. An excellent meal and we all fed our thoughts back to Chef Monica on how good the food was. Wonderful cruise as always, also nice to meet Phil at last.

Following on from Phil's comment, tonight's Pursuits has a statement from Azamara that they have listened to our comments, and from this cruise onwards two complementary Reds and Whites will be offered at all open bars throughout the day

I can confirm this as fact as we were offered two reds and two whites in the Patio Grill which we tried for the first time. An excellent meal and we all fed our thoughts back to Chef Monica on how good the food was. Wonderful cruise as always, also nice to meet Phil at last.

That's awesome to hear about the two complimentary reds & whites being offered from now on. There should always be a choice my wife & I will enjoy.

The other info that has me excited is to hear how good the food is with Chef Monica since she will be on our West Indies cruise in November.

Probably much easier to offer a choice of two of each color than to have to go find the sauvignon blanc from New Zealand that was served six days ago, or the whatever from wherever that someone specifically asks for. Smart move. Likely a win-win for both guests and the staff.

Edited by marinaro44

Phil

Yes, do find out for all of us! I haven't yet heard about this so it may be a trial. I agree it would be a nice touch by the F&B management :)

This is nice to hear...we have usually been accommodated with our preference, but it sometimes takes some time and energy...they don't like to say "no"!! Makes things much easier all the way around.

Good to meet you too Steve and Rose.

Off out today to experience what the Savor Local tour is about with Chef Monica, Resraurant Manager Mario and then wine tasting with one of the sommeliers at 1.30pm. Azamazing in Chania again later.

Phil

Good to meet you too Steve and Rose.

Off out today to experience what the Savor Local tour is about with Chef Monica, Resraurant Manager Mario and then wine tasting with one of the sommeliers at 1.30pm. Azamazing in Chania again later.

Phil

Morning Phil! Is this savour local tour something they do on every cruise? I read about it last year and asked when onboard and no one seemed to know what I meant. I'd love to do this next week. I may have to ask chef Monica once I'm onboard. Enjoy your day and the Azamazing evening. Sounds wonderful! 6 days to go! 😀

Morning Phil! Is this savour local tour something they do on every cruise? I read about it last year and asked when onboard and no one seemed to know what I meant. I'd love to do this next week. I may have to ask chef Monica once I'm onboard. Enjoy your day and the Azamazing evening. Sounds wonderful! 6 days to go! 😀

Liz, I hope I didn't jump the gun. This is very new and I was given the opportunity to test drive it. A really lovely day out and I'd do it again.

We are in a hot and sunny Kotor today and gearing up for White Night later. Great views as we sailed in as is usual for Kotor, made better with the early morning mist.

image_zpspeeiloo7.jpeg

Phil

Liz, I hope I didn't jump the gun. This is very new and I was given the opportunity to test drive it. A really lovely day out and I'd do it again.

We are in a hot and sunny Kotor today and gearing up for White Night later. Great views as we sailed in as is usual for Kotor, made better with the early morning mist.

image_zpspeeiloo7.jpeg

Phil

Wow! What a stunning pic Phil! I'm glad you enjoyed your day out. Maybe I can volunteer to test drive next week!