Live from Journey

excitedofharpenden

The self service laundry is now working.

Phil

Hooray!!

We board again (we were on the 1st sailing out of dry dock) on 21 July so it'll be great to have the laundry back in use.

Incidentally, thanks for the beautiful pics of Santorini. Brings back wonderful memories.

So looking forward to returning to the Journey again.

Rita

For those that know Martin, he's been promoted and returned as a sommelier this cruise. Here with other sommelier Dharma.

image_zpsp33iuqjv.jpeg

Phil

A very well deserved promotion!

Martin looks like the wonderful guy from our Buenos Aires/Rio Christmas holiday cruise from 2 years ago. There was a fairly large group of us who'd sit in the designated "smoking section" by the pool late nights and chat--- passengers from many different countries, some of whom weren't even smokers-- but that's where the fun and good conversations were happening, so it was a lively and convivial place to be!!! So, at first, we'd run up to the Observation Bar (now Living Room) to get drinks and then back down the stairs, as drink service there could be spotty there once the pool bar had closed, and I'm not faulting AZ for that at all. But AZ/Martin quickly picked up on the fact that there was a largish group of pax (people from all over, Americans, Brazilians, Brits, Canadians, some Europeans, etc.) happily chatting with each other in this area at night. So Martin (pretty sure it was him) semi-dedicated himself to this group in the late evenings and would bring us all drinks, so it was he running up and down the stairs, rather than us. A small example of AZ's great service-- seeing a need and filling it. And also an example of how much fun AZ pax are (although that can depend on luck of the draw/itinerary-- we were fortunate to be on a cruise with outgoing,friendly fellow pax)

Phil having just done our first Azamara cruise of 16 nights and knowing how good the food was ( I agree about the patio at night) I hope you have very stretchy trousers if you are on board for 6 weeks! I was curious to read you are sampling very different cabins over this time and is this as you had to book as separate cruises?

Martin looks like the wonderful guy from our Buenos Aires/Rio Christmas holiday cruise from 2 years ago. There was a fairly large group of us who'd sit in the designated "smoking section" by the pool late nights and chat--- passengers from many different countries, some of whom weren't even smokers-- but that's where the fun and good conversations were happening, so it was a lively and convivial place to be!!! So, at first, we'd run up to the Observation Bar (now Living Room) to get drinks and then back down the stairs, as drink service there could be spotty there once the pool bar had closed, and I'm not faulting AZ for that at all. But AZ/Martin quickly picked up on the fact that there was a largish group of pax (people from all over, Americans, Brazilians, Brits, Canadians, some Europeans, etc.) happily chatting with each other in this area at night. So Martin (pretty sure it was him) semi-dedicated himself to this group in the late evenings and would bring us all drinks, so it was he running up and down the stairs, rather than us. A small example of AZ's great service-- seeing a need and filling it. And also an example of how much fun AZ pax are (although that can depend on luck of the draw/itinerary-- we were fortunate to be on a cruise with outgoing,friendly fellow pax)

Same on our cruise. Now Martin has moved up to sommelier Kaviraj has taken the baton! Very sociable area. The whole passenger mix and attitude on this first leg has been fantastic. Not a grumpy face in sight!

Phil

Phil having just done our first Azamara cruise of 16 nights and knowing how good the food was ( I agree about the patio at night) I hope you have very stretchy trousers if you are on board for 6 weeks! I was curious to read you are sampling very different cabins over this time and is this as you had to book as separate cruises?

Lol. I have a confession. Ballroom dancer Dima is going to do a quick repair on my trousers because a seam has a slight rip :o

Originally I was just going to do the 23rd June cruise in a CW Suite, but then Captain Johannes told me there was a good deal on 24th May, special rate for OVs. I booked and applied for the LCV upgrade and was allocated a balcony three weeks before the cruise. Then friends who post here (you know who you are) booked the 16th June cruise and it was too tempting so booked an OV for a good rate, decided there was no point in going home for 12 days so and coming back. One OV suddenly opened up for the 4th June so booked that too. I'm easily led astray!

Phil

Had a good beach day on Mykonos day before yesterday and Patmos yesterday. Tonight is White Night.

Phil

I've been following your pictures on Facebook. Six weeks on the ship? I am spilling with envy. As much as I loved our X cruise, I always want to be back on the Journey. Enjoy!

Lol. I have a confession. Ballroom dancer Dima is going to do a quick repair on my trousers because a seam has a slight rip :o

Originally I was just going to do the 23rd June cruise in a CW Suite, but then Captain Johannes told me there was a good deal on 24th May, special rate for OVs. I booked and applied for the LCV upgrade and was allocated a balcony three weeks before the cruise. Then friends who post here (you know who you are) booked the 16th June cruise and it was too tempting so booked an OV for a good rate, decided there was no point in going home for 12 days so and coming back. One OV suddenly opened up for the 4th June so booked that too. I'm easily led astray!

Phil

Sooooo easily led astray! :D

Lol. I have a confession. Ballroom dancer Dima is going to do a quick repair on my trousers because a seam has a slight rip :

Phil

Not again! I recall on the transatlantic your "breeks" had to visit Dima. Was the cause some energetic dancing this time :cool::D

Same on our cruise. Now Martin has moved up to sommelier Kaviraj has taken the baton! Very sociable area. The whole passenger mix and attitude on this first leg has been fantastic. Not a grumpy face in sight!

Phil

Yay, good news indeed, Phil!!! Enjoy the rest of your cruise, Phil, I see you're aboard for a few legs, lucky you! Hope we get another friendly group this December/Jan holiday cruise aboard Journey for Singapore/Indonesia/Bali. Fingers crossed...

Had a good beach day on Mykonos day before yesterday and Patmos yesterday. Tonight is White Night.

Phil

Hi Phil, we are looking forward to joining the cruise on Saturday. Just wondering which beach did you go to on Mykonos and was it easy to get to?

Kind regards

Cheryl

Phil

Hi Phil,

Really enjoying your post and pictures, especially the 'Greek Gods & Goddess'.

I'd be interested to know of the beaches on Mykonos and Patmos, as we'll be visiting both in September.

Have fun,

Glenn and Michael