Live from Journey

excitedofharpenden

Oia again Phil? By the time we get there next week, you will be as good as a local guide and getting "mates rates" at that lovely taverna. :D

Love Bruce Parker....his energy is phenomenal.

Lol. Honing my negotiation skills.

View for breakfast this morning.

Phil

image.jpg.9dcf8d42c64ab739ce139ada0a35d78f.jpg

Lol. Honing my negotiation skills.

View for breakfast this morning.

Phil

Watch it Lottie- that will be his skills to get you a very special nag to go back down the hill on ;) :D

Watch it Lottie- that will be his skills to get you a very special nag to go back down the hill on ;) :D

No donkey rides down the hill for me Ann! :eek: Poor donkeys.

He can negotiate me a special price for the "feet fish nibbling" though.....:D

The trip continues to be thoroughly enjoyable and guests have settled in well. Amalfi and White Night tonight. Weather has been excellent.

Phil

Loving your FB pics Phil. Amalfi looked glorious this morning.

Enjoy White Night...save some energy for next week! :D

Hi Phil, we met many years ago on an Eclipse TA I think.

We've just booked the Quest TA for next April so I came back to look at the Azamara pages. I've stayed away for a couple of years as the prices were just too high for us and it only made me jealous.

A good friend of mine (Christine + Malcolm) are booked on Journey on 23rd June. They have been on Az several times. I'll try to get her onto CC.

Corinne (and John).

Hi Phil, we met many years ago on an Eclipse TA I think.

We've just booked the Quest TA for next April so I came back to look at the Azamara pages. I've stayed away for a couple of years as the prices were just too high for us and it only made me jealous.

A good friend of mine (Christine + Malcolm) are booked on Journey on 23rd June. They have been on Az several times. I'll try to get her onto CC.

Corinne (and John).

Hi Corinne. I remember meeting you. I'm glad you have been able to book for a sensible price and will enjoy Quest. I'll watch out for Christine and Malcolm at the meet and mingle.

Phil

Excellent White Night last night with the wonderful Amalfi backdrop. I didn't get off in Amalfi as I wanted a relaxing day. In Sorrento today and will catch tender off the ship fairly soon. My only plan is that I don't plan what I'm doing ahead of time. It works for me just getting off the ship and doing lunch out and people watch.

Last night's partee!

image_zpsul2wgasq.jpeg

Phil

I'm in Cat 05 OV 4045 and really like the cabin and location. In fact I'd go so far as to say this will be my choice of cabin category in the future. It's quiet and very convenient. Not having a balcony is no hardship for me. It makes me get out around the ship. I've been using the main pool and jacuzzis quite a lot. Early morning swim and relax and excercise during the day.

Service from everyone onboard has been impeccable.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I'm in Cat 05 OV 4045 and really like the cabin and location. In fact I'd go so far as to say this will be my choice of cabin category in the future. It's quiet and very convenient.

Cheaper cabin category = more cruises!:)

I will have to remember that!

Edited by upwarduk

I'm in Cat 05 OV 4045 and really like the cabin and location. In fact I'd go so far as to say this will be my choice of cabin category in the future. It's quiet and very convenient. Not having a balcony is no hardship for me. It makes me get out around the ship. I've been using the main pool and jacuzzis quite a lot. Early morning swim and relax and excercise during the day.

Service from everyone onboard has been impeccable.

Phil

Glad you're so happy with your cabin. Shame you have another 'house move' at the end of this cruise.

H

Hi Corinne. I remember meeting you. I'm glad you have been able to book for a sensible price and will enjoy Quest. I'll watch out for Christine and Malcolm at the meet and mingle.

Phil

Hi Phil, thanks for looking out for Christine. Haven't yet persuaded her to join CC. :(.

We did cruise on Quest for a TA in 2013 and the Med in 2014 and we love Azamara. Would do all our cruises on them if not quite so pricey.

And. We have 4043 next year. Pleased you like the location. :)

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

Excellent White Night last night with the wonderful Amalfi backdrop. I didn't get off in Amalfi as I wanted a relaxing day. In Sorrento today and will catch tender off the ship fairly soon. My only plan is that I don't plan what I'm doing ahead of time. It works for me just getting off the ship and doing lunch out and people watch.

Last night's partee!

image_zpsul2wgasq.jpeg

Phil

What a lovely picture of the White Night party...with the lights on the hillside in the background! I'm envious!

Phil,

It is truly a pleasure to be 'following' you on your B2B2B2B!! You certainly know how to enjoy life. Just a note about your current stateroom. 4045 is next door to 4047. We just spent a lovely 12 days on the Quest in 4047 (yes, I know it's a Handicapped Cabin, but it was assigned late in the day when no-one else needed it). We very much enjoyed the extra space. The location is, as you say, perfect, and we would book in that general area again in a heartbeat. It looks like you are enjoying yourself immensely. We hope to see you again soon. Hugs J&P

Phil,

It is truly a pleasure to be 'following' you on your B2B2B2B!! You certainly know how to enjoy life. Just a note about your current stateroom. 4045 is next door to 4047. We just spent a lovely 12 days on the Quest in 4047 (yes, I know it's a Handicapped Cabin, but it was assigned late in the day when no-one else needed it). We very much enjoyed the extra space. The location is, as you say, perfect, and we would book in that general area again in a heartbeat. It looks like you are enjoying yourself immensely. We hope to see you again soon. Hugs J&P

Hey John! I heard about the propulsion issues you encountered on Quest affecting the plan to travel up the river to Seville, but know you will have made the best of it. Always great to hear from you and hugs back.

Connie, I think you'll be very pleased with the location. Very quiet and convenient for Guest Relations. Particularly handy if you have a habit of locking your keycard in the room:o

We are in Livorno and overnight here. May take bus to Pisa or train to Lucca. Angry sky looks to be clearing.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Really enjoying hearing about your epic ( six weeks is amazing ) cruise. Hope the weather has stayed fine for you today.

Can I be cheeky, if you do go to Lucca on the train could you review your experience as we would like to re-visit Lucca and quite fancy trying to do it ourselves.

Thanks

Hi Phil,

Really enjoying hearing about your epic ( six weeks is amazing ) cruise. Hope the weather has stayed fine for you today.

Can I be cheeky, if you do go to Lucca on the train could you review your experience as we would like to re-visit Lucca and quite fancy trying to do it ourselves.

Thanks

I did go to Lucca on the train yesterday. I've been before and this was a relatively short visit for lunch pizza/beer. Going there was straightforward, coming back because of a problem on the line wasn't quite so easy, but nothing could be done about that.

There is a shuttle bus costing 3 euros that drops you in town. From there you walk to the bus stop and catch the number 1 to the train station. The train involves one change at Pisa. The walls of the old city of Lucca point you in the right direction when you exit the station. It sounds complicated, but it's really pretty straightforward.

Don't forget to validate your ticket in one of the machines before you board the train. Roundtrip was 11 euros. If I were to do it again I'd forego shuttle and bus and just get a taxi to the station for about 17 euros each way. I went back by taxi because I was late after the train stopped for ages outside Pisa because of barrier problems and I had a dinner appointment. It was a fun adventure.

Phil

We are in sunny Amalfi today. Kicked back this morning and then off for lunch ashore. Azamazing Evening last night in Sorrento was excellent. Songs of Caruso. Three really excellent singers, a wonderful guitarist and some really fun young dancers.

A totally different mix of passengers on this shorter 7 night cruise. It's amazing what a difference each cruise can be. Not worse, just different.

I spoke to Captain Johannes this morning. I'd worked out from the itinerary map that early morning at around 6am we would pass volcano Stromboli. I asked how far away it was going to be. Around 5 miles. Having said I love this kind of thing and enjoyed it the last time we passed the island in 2015 he spoke to the bridge and we are now going to do a 1 mile pass at 6.15am. So cool. Only on Azamara!

Still having so much fun on this cruise.:cool:

Phil