Allure Star Class - first and maybe continuing impressions 5/29

Thank you so much for this information. Since this is a thread about star class perks, all of your comments have been on point and helpful. Please ignore comments to the contrary. So sad.

Yes, I agree.

Here's to great cruising

Enjoy!!!

Thank you so much for this information. Since this is a thread about star class perks, all of your comments have been on point and helpful. Please ignore comments to the contrary. So sad.

If that was directed towards me, I was asking because we are sailing in STAR Class, and the last time we were on the Oasis they recommend that you booked your reservations ahead of time.

Thank you chandim for your reply! I will wait for our Genie to contact us.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

No, not directed at you. There was another post. It looks like it was removed. Quoted Chandlm's post about the star class line and every 3rd person star class would go. Basically called Chandlm a nasty name. I was commenting on that post. Glad it was removed. This is a great thread for keeping up to date on star class benefits. I would hate to see it go away because people are receiving negative comments after posting legitimate questions like yours or really informative updates like Chandlm's. Sorry you thought I was posting about you.

No, not directed at you. There was another post. It looks like it was removed. Quoted Chandlm's post about the star class line and every 3rd person star class would go. Basically called Chandlm a nasty name. I was commenting on that post. Glad it was removed. This is a great thread for keeping up to date on star class benefits. I would hate to see it go away because people are receiving negative comments after posting legitimate questions like yours or really informative updates like Chandlm's. Sorry you thought I was posting about you.

Thank you for the explanation. Since I saw no other post I assumed you directed that towards me.

Enjoy your cruises!

I thank everyone who has posted information about Star Class perks. We will be on the Allure on deck 17 in one of the Star Class Suites later this year. Both of us were hoping to have the beverage cart come by our stateroom every afternoon. Also, it helps being prepared for two stateroom attendants. We like to give extra tips, and we are low maintenance. Probably we will spend a lot of time in the SL and in Coastal Kitchen. We would like to eat in some of the speciality restaurants. Are Giovannti's and Coastal Kitchen open for lunch on embarkation day for suite guests?

I thank everyone who has posted information about Star Class perks. We will be on the Allure on deck 17 in one of the Star Class Suites later this year. Both of us were hoping to have the beverage cart come by our stateroom every afternoon. Also, it helps being prepared for two stateroom attendants. We like to give extra tips, and we are low maintenance. Probably we will spend a lot of time in the SL and in Coastal Kitchen. We would like to eat in some of the speciality restaurants. Are Giovannti's and Coastal Kitchen open for lunch on embarkation day for suite guests?

Unsure about Giovanni's table because I was unaware that they ever served lunch however, Costal is open for lunch with an a la carte menu starting at 12 i believe. Windjammer was beyond packed on opening day and the suite lounge/ Costal is very relaxing with a bar that connects the two.

Not sure about CK but Giovanni's is open for all guests on embarkation day.

I don't think CK serves lunch on embarkation day? Seems like I remember the Snax Table being open in CL

Are you able to use the bev package while in the specialty restaurants? I know with the limit on cost of drinks, not sure if there's any wines I would want, but maybe. Royal's drink prices are so high. Aren't most drinks over the $12 limit?

Edited by croosieloosie

I don't think CK serves lunch on embarkation day? Seems like I remember the Snax Table being open in CL

Are you able to use the bev package while in the specialty restaurants? I know with the limit on cost of drinks, not sure if there's any wines I would want, but maybe. Royal's drink prices are so high. Aren't most drinks over the $12 limit?

Beverage packages work in speciality restaurants.

The limit for drinks is 13 dollars. Most frozen drinks are 11 dollars.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey guys I am new to Cruise Critic however, I followed Matt's journey along with others leading up to the cruise this summer. I know on other threads and post people have had major concerns about what is included and if they are going away with certain aspects on the Star Class. So i am here for the latest update as I just got off the ship this morning.

To start with we did have Francesco as our journey just as Matt did and he was unbelievable. He was able to get everything we wanted but was never in our faces all the time, which was nice. We painted contact through deck phones and the phone would literally ring once and he picked up and attentive. Carmen was the lead stewardess and she was simply amazing. Always there, helping out asking questions and even ordering a large Orange Juice container so we could have mimosas in the morning. She literally worked around our schedule.

A quick recap of what is included and what they have gone away with is this:

-They restarted the cocktails in room. A cart comes around daily with a cocktail menu

- All speciality dining is included EXCEPT: Lobster at Chops, Scoops, and Starbucks Pastries

-Any reasonable drink is included, Unlimited/Ultimate is one in the same. You want a drink, it is free unless you drink top of the line wine

- Beer, wine, champagne can be brought to your room whenever. Francesco brought us 2 bottles of wine, 12 Budweiser and 12 Budlight and Carmen always kept them iced

- Snacks can be arranged in your room, we were able to get chips, guac, and salsa brought up from Sabor every day

- A one on one galley tour was provided along with group bridge and backstage tours.

-There is no priority access for Rock climbing or Ice skating, however, there is for FlowRider and Zipline. Every third person to go is from the star class line. In my case there was never any other star class people in line so i was always the third to go.

- Star class is allowed to go to their rooms right when boarding starts, every other class and room waits until 1

-Reserved seating is easy, you tell the Genie and they meet you at the event and have the best seats waiting for you

-A new thing I believe is that at bars you get priority access. You walk up and they see your card and you will be the next one attended to. This happened on multiple occassions

Really this was an amazing cruise and the Star Class is amazing. Anything you could want is possible and only a call away.

Chandlm - thank you so much for reporting back and so glad you enjoyed Francesco's service as much as we did. It sounds like Star service is humming along and even with revisions is meeting expectations.

Sorry to hear there was a Flowrider negative post - but glad it got removed.

As for booking restaurants ahead - if you pay ahead it becomes OBC. Pays toward the cabana :) or a spa treatment. But really - the Genie can pretty make anything happen.

Suite lounge lunch is just an assortment of things over in the snacks buffet area. No formal CK lunch. Giovannis is great for embark lunch. As is Sabor.

Drink packages are always welcome in specialty restaurants.

Edited by MattInFLL

Chandlm - thank you so much for reporting back and so glad you enjoyed Francesco's service as much as we did. It sounds like Star service is humming along and even with revisions is meeting expectations.

Sorry to hear there was a Flowrider negative post - but glad it got removed.

As for booking restaurants ahead - if you pay ahead it becomes OBC. Pays toward the cabana :) or a spa treatment. But really - the Genie can pretty make anything happen.

Suite lounge lunch is just an assortment of things over in the snacks buffet area. No formal CK lunch. Giovannis is great for embark lunch. As is Sabor.

Drink packages are always welcome in specialty restaurants.

Matt, I didn't make the negative comment.:)

I will agree, so far our communication with Francesco has been very positive. I can't wait to meet him.

Matt, I didn't make the negative comment.:)

I will agree, so far our communication with Francesco has been very positive. I can't wait to meet him.

Didn't think it was you ;)

You're down to last 6 days!

We are on allure now in 1720 and Francisco is who brought us on board. he is a very sweet guy!! I can tell you we have gotten a lot of not sure don't know or let me Check with our requests. No big deal we will see what comes of them. Example having our Starbucks brought up each morning. We waited to book everything and now have an issue with a shore excursion. Really the only one we wanted which we mentioned in our 1st and only email with our genie. She is trying to make it work so we will see. So if there is something you really want to do I would book it. They don't have control over outside venues like they do onboard with dinner and shows. I will say the only other thing I am not a fan of is the star line for flowrider. I feel weird having my 8 year old cut in front of everyone. Maybe I shouldn't but I do so we wait in the long line. Thinking opening it early or later for star class for exclusive rides might be better? Then we just stand in line the rest of the time? But we are having a nice relaxing time so far!

Hey guys I am new to Cruise Critic however, I followed Matt's journey along with others leading up to the cruise this summer. I know on other threads and post people have had major concerns about what is included and if they are going away with certain aspects on the Star Class. So i am here for the latest update as I just got off the ship this morning.

To start with we did have Francesco as our journey just as Matt did and he was unbelievable. He was able to get everything we wanted but was never in our faces all the time, which was nice. We painted contact through deck phones and the phone would literally ring once and he picked up and attentive. Carmen was the lead stewardess and she was simply amazing. Always there, helping out asking questions and even ordering a large Orange Juice container so we could have mimosas in the morning. She literally worked around our schedule.

A quick recap of what is included and what they have gone away with is this:

-They restarted the cocktails in room. A cart comes around daily with a cocktail menu

- All speciality dining is included EXCEPT: Lobster at Chops, Scoops, and Starbucks Pastries

-Any reasonable drink is included, Unlimited/Ultimate is one in the same. You want a drink, it is free unless you drink top of the line wine

- Beer, wine, champagne can be brought to your room whenever. Francesco brought us 2 bottles of wine, 12 Budweiser and 12 Budlight and Carmen always kept them iced

- Snacks can be arranged in your room, we were able to get chips, guac, and salsa brought up from Sabor every day

- A one on one galley tour was provided along with group bridge and backstage tours.

-There is no priority access for Rock climbing or Ice skating, however, there is for FlowRider and Zipline. Every third person to go is from the star class line. In my case there was never any other star class people in line so i was always the third to go.

- Star class is allowed to go to their rooms right when boarding starts, every other class and room waits until 1

-Reserved seating is easy, you tell the Genie and they meet you at the event and have the best seats waiting for you

-A new thing I believe is that at bars you get priority access. You walk up and they see your card and you will be the next one attended to. This happened on multiple occassions

Really this was an amazing cruise and the Star Class is amazing. Anything you could want is possible and only a call away.

Thank you for the info! Matt had indicated that extra charge items in Chops were included such as the aged steak but you mentioned that the lobsters were extra charge. I just want to make sure what is really included before I start ordering those items.

My last cruise on Allure (not in Star Class), I had a comp. specialty dinning from my TA and I visited Chops. The aged steaks and lobsters were extra charge but the night I visited was also the formal night at regular dining with lobster tails so the manager gave us lobster tails at Chops as well.

I have an upcoming cruise on Harmony in Star Class so I'd like to know what I can and cannot order from the specialty restaurants.

Thank you!

Didn't think it was you ;)

You're down to last 6 days!

Not that I'm counting. [emoji1]

I have a new pony (GT 350R) for the coral that I am picking up on Friday. Ordered it in early May and it just came in last week. One of about 20 for Canada if they all get here.

Sorry for the thread steal, but I thought you'd appreciate it.

114ac32830496c58dd0da4220c4f7253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry for the confusion about what CK served on embarkation day. We did not eat there the first day, I was just trying to remember what Francesco told us. However, i am certain that it is open. We did not make any food reservations before hand and had no problem getting those once onboard, however, we did book the excursions before hand because we didn't want to wait.

You will get the answers of "I'll check on that" and other similar answers the first day. I believe this is because they have other cabins and don't remember every email that was sent. However, Francesco did check on everything and made it all perfect. They are all great and try their hardest you literally just have to ask for what you want and they will try to make it happen.

As far as chops, there is a small red box on the menu which is extra and it included the aged steak and the lobster. Johnny Rockets' milkshakes are not included either is scoops. Most drinks such as cocktails or margaritas are priced under the 13 dollar threshold.

Not that I'm counting. [emoji1]

I have a new pony (GT 350R) for the coral that I am picking up on Friday. Ordered it in early May and it just came in last week. One of about 20 for Canada if they all get here.

Sorry for the thread steal, but I thought you'd appreciate it.

114ac32830496c58dd0da4220c4f7253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, Congratulations! My DH would have LOVED you!!! (big Pony guy).

I have a 69 still in the driveway (a "project" car that he never got to work on). Haven't found anyone who wants it (and, pretty much all the pieces for it - heck of an expensive project) :D

A big thanks to Matt for starting this topic and everyone else who has also made it so informative and helpful.

I'll be boarding Allure in just under three weeks with my Mom and sister. We're all sharing a suite and they've asked me to find out some information for them.

Does anyone know what the specific scents are of the bath products from L'Occitane?

I started a new topic a couple days ago but so far haven't received any answer. Hopefully someone here can help.

Many thanks!

Oh, Congratulations! My DH would have LOVED you!!! (big Pony guy).

I have a 69 still in the driveway (a "project" car that he never got to work on). Haven't found anyone who wants it (and, pretty much all the pieces for it - heck of an expensive project) :D

We have 7 various Mustangs in the corral here. A few started as projects and have been farme off restored, one was already restored and another is an original paint car. There are also 3 are newer models. Sadly I wish there was more time and summer to enjoy them. Not the worst problem to have.

Edited by A&L_Ont

A big thanks to Matt for starting this topic and everyone else who has also made it so informative and helpful.

I'll be boarding Allure in just under three weeks with my Mom and sister. We're all sharing a suite and they've asked me to find out some information for them.

Does anyone know what the specific scents are of the bath products from L'Occitane?

I started a new topic a couple days ago but so far haven't received any answer. Hopefully someone here can help.

Many thanks!

The bar soap is on the following. It is the LAIT scent.

http://usa.loccitane.com/french-soap,82,1,29481,0.htm

We have 7 various Mustangs in the corral here. A few started as projects and have been farme off restored, one was already restored and another is an original paint car. There are also 3 are newer models. Sadly I wish there was more time and summer to enjoy them. Not the worst problem to have.

His is the original paint, etc. There's something "hinky" in that the body is one type, but the engine is one that is not usually found to be with that particular one. Someone traced it and it's original. Some sort of special order :rolleyes: LOL Can you tell how much I know about cars? :D Unfortunately, I need it out of my driveway before the winter this year as the garage is giving way more each year and I want to clean it out (all mechanics tools and lifts etc.) before it all gets totally destroyed.

Then again...I just keep planning cruises and get sidetracked! :eek: :D

And trying to be on topic ;) - I know we don't need to reserve anything prior; however, what about things like NorthStar & iFly (I know, different ship - but, any ideas)? And, the cabana, you just let them know, correct? Via one of the early e-mails?

As I'm reading what everyone is doing, etc. on their cruises, I'm trying to sort out what there is to do (short of adult libations and snoozing in a lounger).

We are on allure now in 1720 and Francisco is who brought us on board. he is a very sweet guy!! I can tell you we have gotten a lot of not sure don't know or let me Check with our requests. No big deal we will see what comes of them. Example having our Starbucks brought up each morning. We waited to book everything and now have an issue with a shore excursion. Really the only one we wanted which we mentioned in our 1st and only email with our genie. She is trying to make it work so we will see. So if there is something you really want to do I would book it. They don't have control over outside venues like they do onboard with dinner and shows. I will say the only other thing I am not a fan of is the star line for flowrider. I feel weird having my 8 year old cut in front of everyone. Maybe I shouldn't but I do so we wait in the long line. Thinking opening it early or later for star class for exclusive rides might be better? Then we just stand in line the rest of the time? But we are having a nice relaxing time so far!

Thank you for the live report, Terkov. I am very disappointed for you about the excursion since you emailed the request earlier.

I hope you get over your weird feeling about the flowrider. Let your 8 year old use the Star line....YOU PAID FOR IT :)

Glad to hear you are having a nice relaxing time. Hope some of the other glitches work out for you!