Thirsty Kids in Adventure Ocean (and in general)

My wife and I both signed up for the Ultimate Drink Package (can't believe that we're about to tack another $1200 onto our cruise vacation!).

We're sailing with two kids, ages 9 and 3.

So our questions are:

1 - What do kids do about drinks while they're under the care and supervision of Adventure Ocean staff? Do the staff provide them with water or other refreshments while they're there, even if the kids don't have a drink package?

2 - Do we need to buy our kids (who don't drink soda) a drink package for the 1 drink a day that they want to have Orange Juice? It seems a bit nuts that we're not able to just get juice for them when we get ours, given the $1200 price tag, but I guess rules are rules.

Orange juice (from concentrate) is available from Windjammer and the MDR every morning at breakfast, no extra cost. You can fill a bottle for later use if you like.

I believe water is always available.

Regarding a drink package for the kids, included in the cruise fare for all passengers is iced tea, hot tea, milk, chocolate milk, juice (not fresh squeezed), tap water (not bottled), hot chocolate, lemonade, flavored waters. So unless your kids only drink fresh squeezed juice they will be fine. The regular breakfast juice is made from concentrate kind OJ. There is usually also Apple, cranberry and tomato.

I believe water is always available.

Regarding a drink package for the kids, included in the cruise fare for all passengers is iced tea, hot tea, milk, chocolate milk, juice (not fresh squeezed), tap water (not bottled), hot chocolate, lemonade, flavored waters. So unless your kids only drink fresh squeezed juice they will be fine. The regular breakfast juice is made from concentrate kind OJ. There is usually also Apple, cranberry and tomato.

Thank You!

Where do the kids get lemonade or flavored waters?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Windjammer. I would suggest talking a sports bottle that you can fill up for them so that they can take it with them.

Great tip! Thank you!!!

Thank You!

Where do the kids get lemonade or flavored waters?

Always available in Windjammer buffet. Depending on the ship may be available in other locations such as the promenade cafe. Iced water available at any food location or bar.

Good idea to take a sports bottle that they can take along with them. You are required to fill with a glass and not put your own bottle to the sprocket (sanitation reasons).

There are drinking fountains in the AO area.

If they want a fresh squeezed OJ in the morning, just buy them one. Get them the small one; much more reasonable size than the bigger one with your package.

I hope the Ultimate packages make sense financially (or "I want to get what I want and don't want to worry about paying"ially LOL) for you and your spouse.

There are drinking fountains in the AO area.

If they want a fresh squeezed OJ in the morning, just buy them one. Get them the small one; much more reasonable size than the bigger one with your package.

I hope the Ultimate packages make sense financially (or "I want to get what I want and don't want to worry about paying"ially LOL) for you and your spouse.

We're not sure if it makes sense or not, but we know that we don't want to think about it.

For us we could have simply kept our drinking to the diamond lounge and the free vouchers.

But hey- we're on vacation [emoji849]

Do you really think you are going to drink $1200 worth of liquor on a cruise?

I need to qualify my OP.

$1200 is for two of us.

This is for a 9 day cruise.

So after taxes and the gratuities that are added to the package, it works out to be about $600/pp.

We figure between water, soda, alcohol, and coffee, we'll spend more than $50/day each.

I think 3 alcoholic drinks alone is somewhere around $45.

I think it's a bit nuts, but that's how the math works out.

Windjammer. I would suggest talking a sports bottle that you can fill up for them so that they can take it with them.

if you do this please remember that the drinks cannot be dispensed directly form the machine into a personal vessel. you must use one of the glasses provided and pour from that into your bottle.

Do you really think you are going to drink $1200 worth of liquor on a cruise?

you do realize that it is not just liquor, right? for those that prefer bottled water.. that alone is a strong checkmark in the Pro column. especially when bringing it off the ship into ports. or the fancy coffee in the morning with breakfast or on your balcony watching the sun rise.

for many people the two top level drink packages make a GREAT deal of sense.

if you do this please remember that the drinks cannot be dispensed directly form the machine into a personal vessel. you must use one of the glasses provided and pour from that into your bottle.

I get the intent, but how is that different than when you use the glass that they have provided you with, for drink #2 or #3?

Are you assuming that people won't refill the same glass or is there somebody there enforcing this?

What about the soda machines, with the cup they leave in your cabin, which is used over and over?

I get the intent, but how is that different than when you use the glass that they have provided you with, for drink #2 or #3?

Are you assuming that people won't refill the same glass or is there somebody there enforcing this?

What about the soda machines, with the cup they leave in your cabin, which is used over and over?

The difference is with a water bottle your mouth goes right over the small hole in the top. With a glass you have a larger area. If you put a glass up to the spout to refill you can easily avoid touching the side of the glass to the spout. With a water bottle it is harder since the opening is usually very small. Have seen way too many times people putting the opening, that they just drank out of, right up to the spout of the water dispenser. If you water bottle has a removable top you may be ok.

you are supposed to use a clean glass every time. and I have seen people be asked to do so. in fact more than once I barely emptied a glass when somebody swooped in to take it from me. the chip mugs with the drink package only work in the Freestyle machines which are different with how they are dispensed. and they will not let you use them in the other dispensers.

The difference is with a water bottle your mouth goes right over the small hole in the top. With a glass you have a larger area. If you put a glass up to the spout to refill you can easily avoid touching the side of the glass to the spout. With a water bottle it is harder since the opening is usually very small. Have seen way too many times people putting the opening, that they just drank out of, right up to the spout of the water dispenser. If you water bottle has a removable top you may be ok.

I was thinking about a sports bottle (refillable) where the top screws off and the open container can be filled, not an Avian or Poland Spring bottle.

What you're saying makes sense.

We're not sure if it makes sense or not, but we know that we don't want to think about it.

For us we could have simply kept our drinking to the diamond lounge and the free vouchers.

But hey- we're on vacation [emoji849]

So it works in the "I want to get what I want and don't want to worry about paying" sort of way. :)

You have the diamond lounge and free drink vouchers and you went Ultimate? Wow. And here I'm trying to discourage DH from getting Replenish b/c he tends to come in around $18/day instead of Replenish's $20/day. It just makes no sense to me; he should get what he wants and pay for it b/c that ends up being cheaper than the package.

But I'm not the bookkeeper in YOUR house. :)

Last cruise I got exactly what I wanted, never thought about it, and didn't have a package.

Though I might have to go back on the anti-Replenish stance for DH next time, since I managed to utterly destroy the soda cup during our recent condo-to-house move. Who knew how much the inner cup would shatter, when full of water and knocked to the ground with the force of a yoga bag while turning? It was my 2nd fave cup for water at home, too.

That cup has a huge "mouth" and it never comes near the dispenser spout.

So it works in the "I want to get what I want and don't want to worry about paying" sort of way. :)

You have the diamond lounge and free drink vouchers and you went Ultimate? Wow. And here I'm trying to discourage DH from getting Replenish b/c he tends to come in around $18/day instead of Replenish's $20/day. It just makes no sense to me; he should get what he wants and pay for it b/c that ends up being cheaper than the package.

But I'm not the bookkeeper in YOUR house. :)

Last cruise I got exactly what I wanted, never thought about it, and didn't have a package.

Though I might have to go back on the anti-Replenish stance for DH next time, since I managed to utterly destroy the soda cup during our recent condo-to-house move. Who knew how much the inner cup would shatter, when full of water and knocked to the ground with the force of a yoga bag while turning? It was my 2nd fave cup for water at home, too.

I wanted to be able to have a drink without having to run back to the lounge every time I wanted one.

Also, in Labadee, when they come around with Labadoozies and other drinks, I can just sign for one with no charge.

We did think about it and contemplated this for about a month.

Once you factor in a tip with every drink the prices are much higher by the drink.

At $15/ drink, it doesn't take many of them to break even, especially when you consider that gratuities are built into the package price.

That cup has a huge "mouth" and it never comes near the dispenser spout.

My refillable water bottle has a massive "mouth" as well. It's probably the same as the cup they provide you with. I understand if we're talking about a Poland Spring water bottle, but that's not what I was referring to.

Edited by Overtyme