Diamond drink voucher limitations

I know there is a special list of drinks available for the diamond happy hour that is the same as inside the diamond lounge. But I was wondering if we could order a higher grade drink and just pay the difference - similar to guests with drink packages. Or is an all or nothing situation-one from the list or full price for anything else? This is only our second cruise with the vouchers so we really didn't test it out. Last time the bartender in Viking Crown gave me grey goose complimentary but I don't think that is something I should expect.

I know there is a special list of drinks available for the diamond happy hour that is the same as inside the diamond lounge. But I was wondering if we could order a higher grade drink and just pay the difference - similar to guests with drink packages. Or is an all or nothing situation-one from the list or full price for anything else? This is only our second cruise with the vouchers so we really didn't test it out. Last time the bartender in Viking Crown gave me grey goose complimentary but I don't think that is something I should expect.

It's all or nothing, no credit given for drink vouchers.

It's all or nothing, no credit given for drink vouchers.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeally don't expect that to happen again.

As Bob said, it's what is on the list, or pay for your drink.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not say to a bartender on your next cruise, "But the bartender on XXXX of the Seas gave me Grey Goose!" :eek:

They scan your card and enter the drink in their system. It needs to match up to what is on the list. In the lounge it is different. I have seen many people tip for their desired drink. They don't scan the card there.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeally don't expect that to happen again.

As Bob said, it's what is on the list, or pay for your drink.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not say to a bartender on your next cruise, "But the bartender on XXXX of the Seas gave me Grey Goose!" :eek:

THANK YOU CAROL!

Drives me nuts when people do that or say that after they've ordered and consumed their drink and then are "Surprised" at the charges for a premium drink.

It's a perk I don't want to have taken away by those trying to take advantage of the system.

Can I give my Diamond happy hour drink to somebody else? We're now facing our first cruise as a Diamond, so this is our first time with the perk. We're going to have drink packages regardless of the perk. So can our 3 drinks be given to somebody else? Drink packages are not meant to be shared, I know. But what about the diamond drinks? Can I get a drink and give it to somebody? What if only DH buys a package and orders his diamond drinks for me or vice versa?

Just asking - we're traveling just the 2 of us and we already have the packages included into our cruise from TA, so this scenario is not likely to happen. So just curious.

Can I give my Diamond happy hour drink to somebody else? We're now facing our first cruise as a Diamond, so this is our first time with the perk. We're going to have drink packages regardless of the perk. So can our 3 drinks be given to somebody else? Drink packages are not meant to be shared, I know. But what about the diamond drinks? Can I get a drink and give it to somebody? What if only DH buys a package and orders his diamond drinks for me or vice versa?

Just asking - we're traveling just the 2 of us and we already have the packages included into our cruise from TA, so this scenario is not likely to happen. So just curious.

If your husband is Diamond, so are you. You will have your own three drink vouchers on your card.

no problem. They are yours to use, but you have to order them or give your seapass to the other person to order

We are going to be diamond for the first time this summer. We are going on Liberty of the Seas. Are drinks only in the diamond lounge or are they loaded to our cards so that we can get them at any bar on this ship?

Can I give my Diamond happy hour drink to somebody else?

Yes. DW and I are very light drinkers, so we never even come close to our limit. But several times we have cruised with non-Diamond friends, offering them the odd drink from our C&A allotment, most recently a couple of nights ago. The servers have no problem with that. I guess they see it as us "buying" the drinks and then sharing with our friends.

We are going to be diamond for the first time this summer. We are going on Liberty of the Seas. Are drinks only in the diamond lounge or are they loaded to our cards so that we can get them at any bar on this ship?

Each ship has one or two bars where you cannot use your cards as well as not in the dining venues. This will be on the letter you get in your cabin when you get to your cabin. We loved getting an after dinner drink in the Schooner Bar IR in the theater.

Check out the link below. During Happy Hour (timing can vary between different ships, the link relates to Serenade) you are allowed any number of the drinks listed. The three drinks loaded to your SeaPass card can be used during Happy Hour at any venue except the ones listed in fine print.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByO8508n_ivGbE45LW44Vm5Hb1k

Both, Diamond Lounge AND loaded on your SeaPass card.

Check out the link below. During Happy Hour (timing can vary between different ships, the link relates to Serenade) you are allowed any number of the drinks listed. The three drinks loaded to your SeaPass card can be used during Happy Hour at any venue except the ones listed in fine print.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByO8508n_ivGbE45LW44Vm5Hb1k

This is the same on other ships - i.e. Indy and Radiance.

For those saying this can be shared, I am assuming the person ordering the drink would tell the bartender to use that perk and not the drink package that is loaded on the card correct?

I don't think it would be a big deal to allow others to use the perk. We order beers from the pool bar and ask them not to break the seal. We put them in our cabin for consumption during the day.

... For those saying this can be shared, I am assuming the person ordering the drink would tell the bartender to use that perk and not the drink package that is loaded on the card correct?....

Correct, you can tell the bar server to use your voucher(s) when you order.

The time I got the upgraded drink I ordered it fully intending to pay. But when I gave my card to charge it he said no charge because of diamond happy hour. I would never try to get the bartenders to do anything special where they could get in trouble. But if they offer, I certainly won't turn it down.

If your husband is Diamond, so are you. You will have your own three drink vouchers on your card.

I think she wanted her three drinks plus her husband's three. That, of course, could be done, but only during the 2 1/2 hours or so of "happy hour", so you'd be very happy at the end of that time. ;)

The drink vouchers are for the things you could get in the lounge....they give them out so the lounge won't be so crowded. If you want something other than their offerings, you'll have put purchase it outright.

You can get drinks in the lounge and still get 3 free drinks at bars during the same "happy hour" hours as the Diamond Lounge. Appetizers are only in the DL. Also, technically you are not supposed to take the drinks out of the Diamond Lounge (there's a sign on the door), but our concierge said this was not a problem, especially if the lounge had no more seating. So I'd get a drink in the lounge, take it off of deck 14, and still have 3 drinks left on the card. Sometimes I'd get red wine as one of my drinks and take it back to the cabin for drinking later. Bring some dollars for tipping. A buck a drink is about right.

Don't forget the cappuccino coffee machine in the DL. Try adding a packet of the hot chocolate for a free mocha. The coffee machine is available morning to night. I'm not sure of the exact hours -- I think it is turned off around midnight and back on sometime in the early morning. The machine is self-service -- If you aren't sure how to use it, get the concierge or another guest to show you, but it's pretty simple to use. Oh, watch out when it starts beeping like a French ambulance -- it means it is getting reading to self-clean, and starts pouring out hot water for about 30 second-- so stand clear then.

Edited by Jimnbigd

this is not to do with subject but trying to find you on other pages. concerned we may have booked wrong cabin on Explorer 6574?? your opinion appreciated. sorry to but in Irene.

this is not to do with subject but trying to find you on other pages. concerned we may have booked wrong cabin on Explorer 6574?? your opinion appreciated. sorry to but in Irene.

Nothing that bad about 6574, however I would prefer a balcony on decks 7, 8, or 9, so that the outside balcony wall is ta least half glass.

Is there a list of the diamond drinks posted any where?

We are diamond on our next Royal cruise

We also have the Select package included,

I assume we need to tell a barman we want to use our diamond allowance when the drink is not on our select package

Are any cocktails included?

Such as mud slides?

Edited by bogofman

Is there a list of the diamond drinks posted any where?

We are diamond on our next Royal cruise

We also have the Select package included,

I assume we need to tell a barman we want to use our diamond allowance when the drink is not on our select package

Are any cocktails included?

Such as mud slides?

No blender drinks (including mud slides) are included with the Diamond drinks. Just basic cocktails. Here is a sample:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47963885&postcount=12