Celebrity choice air

crusin nut

Well, just wanted to let all of you know that someone from Celebrity is really reading these posts. Today I received two emails twith the complete details on their guarantee policy. Lol! I am happy to see they are pay attention.

I have a reservation for Nov., 2017 from Rome to FLL reposition. I know it's waaay off in the future, but I'm thinking I'd like to book Choice Air for business class to Rome, which is currently selling one way at ridiculous prices ($7,000 pp+/-) from NY. How far in advance can I book flights with Choice Air?

Well, just wanted to let all of you know that someone from Celebrity is really reading these posts. Today I received two emails twith the complete details on their guarantee policy. Lol! I am happy to see they are pay attention.

Congratulations.

bon voyage

I have a reservation for Nov., 2017 from Rome to FLL reposition. I know it's waaay off in the future, but I'm thinking I'd like to book Choice Air for business class to Rome, which is currently selling one way at ridiculous prices ($7,000 pp+/-) from NY. How far in advance can I book flights with Choice Air?

Legacy airline flights usually open up 331 days before the date but some of the low cost airlines have a much shorter window.

I don't know for sure when the air will open up but as far as pricing I can give you some info on this November's flights to Rome. We are going to Rome and although we don't fly business class, I checked pricing. Phoenix to Rome, one way, is $1567 p.p. on the flight we would choose. There are a couple cheaper but the travel times are way too long.

How would they know to contact you from these posts? :confused: Is your screen name also your birth name? Are you sure it's not because you keep contacting them directly?

Just out of curiosity - how would Celebrity know how to contact you by e-mail based on your cruise critic username - crusin nut? I think it's more likely the emails were a result of the calls you made?

Either way, I hope you got the answers you were looking for.

Mike

How would they know to contact you from these posts? :confused: Is your screen name also your birth name? Are you sure it's not because you keep contacting them directly?

Beat me to the reply button by just a minute!!!:D

Thank you for asking, as I did not want to go there. Just happy they were contacted and, hopefully, getting the attention desired.

bon voyage

You are correct. It just seemed odd that I didn't receive anything until I posted on this site. My calling the Concierge Desk was only prompted by them, as they called me first asking if I would like assistance in planning air travel, hotels ect. and left a number to call them back.

Oh well, I have used another avenue for air arrangements and I'm looking forward to a great cruise.

Cousin nut

You are correct. It just seemed odd that I didn't receive anything until I posted on this site. My calling the Concierge Desk was only prompted by them, as they called me first asking if I would like assistance in planning air travel, hotels ect. and left a number to call them back.

Oh well, I have used another avenue for air arrangements and I'm looking forward to a great cruise.

Cousin nut

As long as you are not buying a one way international ticket you will be just fine based on my experience.

Edited by jagoffee

As long as you are not buying a one way international ticket you will be just fine based on my experience.

Can you explain why?

Many months ago, I got a one way ticket from the U.S. to Amsterdam using a "saver award" on my airline. I have been unable to get a good deal on the return using miles. I looked at ChoiceAir & a one way ticket from AMS to the U.S. was quite a deal.

What am I missing? I am tempted to purchase a one way through choice air. My airline wanted over $3K for a one way coach return. Choice air was $2K for first class.

In some cases Choice Air is a consolidator. They buy seats in bulk when the airline has a surplus and then they sell them cheaper. As long as you don't mind not earning miles and being more at risk if there is an operational problem you can save some real money at times.

We recently bought tickets thru Choice Air for Hawaii-Vancouver cruise. I was very pleased with the cost & original flight times; however, our return flight time was changed making a very short connection (32 minutes in Denver). I called telling the CA agent that that was not sufficient time for our connection (walk with cane). Their comment was $300 to change. Well, we stuck with the shirt connection & yup, missed the flight. Ended up having to rent a car & drive to our destination. CA didn't think it was an issue & refused to pay for rental. Our trip insurance paid $50 for the car; however, our credit card paid $250. The car was covered, but we arrived home at 2am instead of 1:45 pm! Irritating

We recently bought tickets thru Choice Air for Hawaii-Vancouver cruise. I was very pleased with the cost & original flight times; however, our return flight time was changed making a very short connection (32 minutes in Denver). I called telling the CA agent that that was not sufficient time for our connection (walk with cane). Their comment was $300 to change. Well, we stuck with the shirt connection & yup, missed the flight. Ended up having to rent a car & drive to our destination. CA didn't think it was an issue & refused to pay for rental. Our trip insurance paid $50 for the car; however, our credit card paid $250. The car was covered, but we arrived home at 2am instead of 1:45 pm! Irritating

We just had the flight times changed twice from a 3 hour layover to a 5 hour layover in Toronto on our way back from Venice to Chicago.

I called Choice air and they told me it wasn't a "major change" and wanted to charge me, etc. Since it was an airline change I persisted and called all 3 airlines involved, United, Air Canada, and Lufthansa. They all told me that choice air had to make the change and it should be at no charge since it was their flight change. I called CA again and persisted that they needed to change my flight time to one of the 2 earlier ones. She said her supervisor would review it and to expect an answer in 2-3 days. Nothing, I called again and was told they are still working on it. 4 more days I called again and asked emphatically for the supervisor and was told they were working on it and give them 2-3 more days. Later that day it was done and they sent me a new itinerary. The moral of this story is to be persistant and willing to fight a good battle.

Pat

Cousin nut

Can you explain why?

Many months ago, I got a one way ticket from the U.S. to Amsterdam using a "saver award" on my airline. I have been unable to get a good deal on the return using miles. I looked at ChoiceAir & a one way ticket from AMS to the U.S. was quite a deal.

What am I missing? I am tempted to purchase a one way through choice air. My airline wanted over $3K for a one way coach return. Choice air was $2K for first class.

I agree with you. My post was in response to crusin nut who has decided not to use choice air. My point is as you say. If you do not use choice air for a one way international flight you might be paying more.