Chefs table - worth it's?

Considering doing the chefs table on the sensation. It's pricey so wanted to get opinions on if it's worth it or not.

Thanks in advance!

I think it's the best money we ever spent. Have done it several times.

Wine is poured freely, but I wouldn't say it's unlimited. I guess it depends upon how much you drink and if you get to the point of being drunk.

I have loved the Chef's table, but if the menu that is now on Vista is going to be the new one fleetwide, I won't be going. It doesn't really appeal to me.

Wine is poured freely, but I wouldn't say it's unlimited. I guess it depends upon how much you drink and if you get to the point of being drunk.

I have loved the Chef's table, but if the menu that is now on Vista is going to be the new one fleetwide, I won't be going. It doesn't really appeal to me.

What don't you like about the menu on the vista? How is it different than what it used to be?

Yes well worth it. We enjoy being in the galley for dinner, but some might be put off by the noise.

There is as much wine as you want included. We were a little disappointed this last time on Magic as they poured the same wine the entire dinner vs Dream two years ago they did different pairings with each course.

The wine isn't bad but the pairings we enjoyed.

We did this one night in lieu of a shore excursion, since we really weren't doing to much onshore this last cruise.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it to be one of the most memorable things we have done to date on our cruises.

I will echo another post that there is plenty to eat. We had 4 appetizers before we were even seated. The food was amazing, eclectic and delicious to the eye. We were full by the time the desert plate was presented and I could barely get started on it.

We only 9 for our CT and it was good group.

Enjoyed it so much, we booked CT for our Vista cruise next year as well.

Well, I did it on Vista and while I enjoyed it, it's not something I feel compelled to do again. Photos in my Vista review thread.

I think I'd just as soon go to the steakhouse once or twice.

I tend to like the food in the MDR, so spending that kind of money on a meal just isn't something I need to do.

That being said, I was not impressed with the American Table on Vista. The menus I'd seen looked to be fairly similar to what I was used to only with some more options. That isn't what I encountered. Many of my favorites were not offered and I found many of the selections to be quite dull.

The ones I enjoyed most were the ones tied to the ports. I had a delicious chicken marsala one night. But I have no idea what those offerings might be on Caribbean sailings.

Anyway, I'm glad I tried the Chef's Table but doubt I'll do it again.

We just did one last week on the Legend. It was our 1st.

I don't think I would do it every cruise for two reasons:

1. Been there/done that - I don't want what was an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING experience to start to become less exciting.

2. I don't want to give up several ours every cruise for this.

Having said that I would probably do it every 2nd or 2rd time because it's just that memorable and special. Also, I enjoyed going to such a fancy occasion with my spouse. ;)

I tried it on the Spirit back in 2010. I'm glad I did it once, but have no desire to do it again. Like Az Ocean Lover, I was full after the first couple of courses at dinner.

I saw the new menu posted for the Vista, and It was a stretch to find one thing I would eat, but if you like those foods, it's definitely worth it to try it at least once.

Is it worth it if you can't drink alcohol?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I find this to be a strange question. The Chef's Table is a dining experience, not a drink to get your money's worth experience. The food and the chef's presentation of it is the star of the show. If you do not enjoy learning about how your food is prepared and don't enjoy spending a whole evening sampling an eclectic meal that is a feast for the eye - then probably you should save your money.

You should not let the menu dictate whether you attend or not, you will be pleasantly surprised at what you thought about a particular description and what the actual presentation became.

My husband and I did it last year on the Splendor. We were only on a 4 day to Canada, and having done this cruise before, Chef's Table replaced an excursion for us. It was awesome. We loved every second of it...the food, the wine, most of the company - lol. For us, living close to NYC, this was not out of range for what we'd pay for a very good meal in the City. If you like to try new things, go for it. We'd definitely do it again :)

I think the new menu is amazing. We did not like eating in the noisy galley. A private room with some nice music would be much better

DITTO!:confused:

The galley experience (product), is not worth the price charged! Lem Motlow; Jack Daniels.:)