Time to change the platinum/diamond chocolate covered strawberries.

That is why I think they should give us a choice.

I agree. Even on Princess, we're given a plate of horrible canapes. I give them to the room steward and sometimes to our neighbor. Last timer I offered them to our neighbor and they declined so I put them on our stewards cart. If I had a choice most likely I wouldn't pick anything. I have to stay on a low sugar diet and I feel bad that I can't eat them, and DH feels bad eating them in front of me. Can't win for losing.

I wrote to special services that I'm allergic to strawberries. The chocolate chip cookies were very, very good.

Bottle of wine would be good or a drink coupon to use anytime.

But imagine them sending you an old bottle of Strawberry Wine? Boone's Farm, perhaps?

But imagine them sending you an old bottle of Strawberry Wine? Boone's Farm, perhaps?

Now that would be great! I'd take it home and gift it at Xmas. It would go from person-to-person just like fruit cakes!

I agree. Even on Princess, we're given a plate of horrible canapes. I give them to the room steward and sometimes to our neighbor. Last timer I offered them to our neighbor and they declined so I put them on our stewards cart. If I had a choice most likely I wouldn't pick anything. I have to stay on a low sugar diet and I feel bad that I can't eat them, and DH feels bad eating them in front of me. Can't win for losing.

I'm on a low sugar & low carb diet. I just went to Guest Services and let them know so I got plain Strawberries (requested no cookies etc too but they still put a few on there). This time I'm going to request strawberries & Swiss Cheese [emoji41]

Just go to the Lido buffet and watch all the plates of food that get dumped in the garbage. On our Legend cruise last week, even the over weight people left plates of food. So, if it isn't liked it gets dumped. The strawberries look like they've been sitting around a very long time, dipped in chocolate where they deteriorate even faster. I didn't ask for them, they were thrust upon me.:rolleyes:

Anyone concerned with food waste should stay away from cruise ships.

Anyone concerned with food waste should stay away from cruise ships.

Really? I don't eat every thing on my plate if it looks good in the pan but lousy on my plate. Some here including me thinks the chocolate strawberries are a waste. If one is a diabetic and they know better won't touch them.

We cruise with two Platinums in our room and always only receive one plate. Don't seem fair to the other that has cruised many times to get this benefit.

I wonder if I call and tell them that dh ate them all if they will send me some too

On the survey we receive after the cruise, we always suggest changing this perk to a coupon redeemable at the Coffee Shop. That way we can get something we might enjoy at a time that is more convenient.

I think that's an excellent idea.

This may be the case on some ships, but we have always rec'd 2 plates of strawberries, a couple of pink cookie things, and a couple chocolate treats on our cruises.

We just sailed the Magic and rec'd, two plates of treats (which we combined and placed into the "empty" mini fridge), preserving them for a couple of nights! We also rec'd two packing cube things!:D

If you don't want the extra plates, just inform guest services, they will handle most every request in our experiences.:) They can even tell you when to expect the treats/gifts, invites etc...:)

We have always only received the one plate...never gave it much thought ...but it seems as it should be two? We each get the platinum gift,water etc.

If the strawberries are good,two plates would be great!

We have always only received the one plate...never gave it much thought ...but it seems as it should be two? We each get the platinum gift,water etc.

If the strawberries are good,two plates would be great!

15 or so platinum cruises and we both get the gift but only one plate of desserts.

Very simple. Do what RCI does. Under guest preferences for the gifts they have a selection of items to choose. Put 3 or 4 different items on there and ppl can select precise.

Such a simple thing to do and everyone could get what they want and will use.:)

Just off the Victory cruise to Bermuda. Both of us are platinum, we received one plate of strawberries, they were really nice berries, but there was only three berries on the plate. Seems there used to be a lot more than that. Doesn't bother me because I don't particularly care for them, but hubby does so he gets to eat them all. Also got the two sets of packing cubes.

This may be the case on some ships, but we have always rec'd 2 plates of strawberries, a couple of pink cookie things, and a couple chocolate treats on our cruises.

We just sailed the Magic and rec'd, two plates of treats (which we combined and placed into the "empty" mini fridge), preserving them for a couple of nights! We also rec'd two packing cube things!:D

If you don't want the extra plates, just inform guest services, they will handle most every request in our experiences.:) They can even tell you when to expect the treats/gifts, invites etc...:)

Thanks I'm sure my last 6 cruises we only got the strawberry plate (Miracle 2 cruises, Splendor 2 and Freedom 2) I remember years ago we got 2 + 2 snack plates. On our upcoming cruise my sister is next door, SO, I will ask for the second one,