Rhapsody`s cancelled 23 Oct 17 sailing ?

Earlier today whilst catching up with the roll call for the above sailing I found to my horror that there has been notification sent out by RCCL that the cruise has been cancelled.

Thinking I must have missed an email from either my TA or RCCL I quickly searched my inbox, negative there.

Feeling that there maybe something not right, off I went to my TA to have them either confirm or otherwise.

Having told my TA of what I had read some 30 minutes earlier, she assured me that she had no knowledge of the cancellation.

She too checked her inbox, but nothing.

By now, I'm like the proverbial dog with a bone. I showed her what was on the roll call and told her to call RCCL direct.

Now this is where it gets unbelievable. Remember I am sitting there and party to the telephone conversation.

M..... from RCCL deny that the cruise has been cancelled and was adamant about this. At that my TA read out verbatim what the correspondence on the roll call. Mr RCCL was having none of this and highlighted that as it was not an official letter it could not be taken as authentic. ( read for yourselves)

The bottom line is that Mr RCCL wants 48 business hours ? to look into the matter and report back to my TA.

I am not a major contributor to these pages but do read them as they are a minefield of information.

Am I wrong or does it appear that there seems to be a communication issue with RCCL.

This cruise was booked for its destinations having done the usual Caribbean haunts numerous times, I am gutted to say the least.

One other point I will say is that there appears only 6 confirmed UK bookings for this trip .

Being the eternal optimist, is it cancelled?

Ian

Earlier today whilst catching up with the roll call for the above sailing I found to my horror that there has been notification sent out by RCCL that the cruise has been cancelled.

Thinking I must have missed an email from either my TA or RCCL I quickly searched my inbox, negative there.

Feeling that there maybe something not right, off I went to my TA to have them either confirm or otherwise.

Having told my TA of what I had read some 30 minutes earlier, she assured me that she had no knowledge of the cancellation.

By now, I'm like the proverbial dog with a bone. I showed her what was on the roll call and told her to call RCCL direct.

Now this is where it gets unbelievable. Remember I am sitting there and party to the telephone conversation.

M..... from RCCL deny that the cruise has been cancelled and was adamant about this. At that my TA read out verbatim what the correspondence on the roll call. Mr RCCL was having none of this and highlighted that as it was not an official letter it could not be taken as authentic. ( read for yourselves)

The bottom line is that Mr RCCL wants 48 business hours ? to look into the matter and report back to my TA.

I am not a major contributor to these pages but do read them as they are a minefield of information.

Am I wrong or does it appear that there seems to be a communication issue with RCCL.

This cruise was booked for its destinations having done the usual Caribbean haunts numerous times, I am gutted to say the least.

One other point I will say is that there appears only 6 confirmed UK bookings for this trip .

Ian

Hi Ian (also the name of my middle son). I can't speak authoritatively about your particular cruise but am aware that Royal has sold one of the Vision class ships and is moving the others around to back fill the Itinerary. Thus several RH cruises have been canceled. Unfortunately cruises get canceled all to often and communication from Royal always seems to lag the news being posted here on CC.

You are not wrong. Last month I booked the Legend for September 2017. I discovered on Thursday via social media that RCI have sold the Legend to the TUI group from May 2017. My online TA received official confirmation of this on Friday. They said that everyone booked on Legend from May 2017 onwards are being transferred to the Rhapsody who is taking over her itinerary. All those booked on Rhapsody from May 2017 onwards will have to transfer to another cruise or receive a refund. RCI are currently in the process of contacting affected passengers. No doubt us UK customers will be the last to officially know and therefore options for first choice substitutions greatly diminished. The compensation for inconvenience is a paltry $50 onboard credit which is useless to us as we have free drinks packages and tips. We never spend anything onboard!

RCIs Customer Services are abysmal and are never up to date or correct with info. Get back on to your TA. If Cruise118 have received official confirmation so yours should have too.

Edited by Mim Lloyd

Ian

Ian,

Sorry, yes it is cancelled. We were also booked on that cruise. Royal left a voice message on our phone re the cancellation and to call a number for alternate options. The only option that was offered was a similar (HA!) sailing on the Serenade, with a $200 OBC ($400 for suites) and price protection. For now we took the option but we will switch to an itinerary with the ABC islands when it becomes available on Royal or on other cruise lines. I am also bummed that the best itinerary that Royal had ever come up with has gone with the wind!

I really do not know which idiot up top at Royal makes deployment and cancellation decisions, but sure do hope they read this!

Edited by Arzeena

We were booked on one of the Rhapsody sailings in May that was cancelled. Instead of waiting for the letter I just called the redeployment desk and they took care of everything.

1-888-281-9344

Same here (I know you already know that) I wonder if we will ever receive the official notice??:rolleyes:

Same here (I know you already know that) I wonder if we will ever receive the official notice??:rolleyes:

When are you going to open up your travel agency?

Hello ,

I was notified by my TA who was notified by RCCL shortly after the speculation on the 10/23/repo cancellation started... I was offered the same category stateroom on the Serenade repo out of Boston and a $400 OBC. Since the going rate on a JS on serenade was about 2K more than I was paying and the Boston repo was my second choice for 2017 ( already done it 5 times) .i was very happy with the offer and resolution especially since it is well over a year away .:D

On RCL website The Rhapsody is doing a TA Barcelona to Tampa Nov 5 2017 , so it would be hard to be in the Caribbean at the same time

This may be the case, however when this cruise was booked it was scheduled to leave Bayonne on an ABC cruise.

Thanks to all for the confirmation that what I read was correct.

At this time I am going to switch over to the Serenade out of Boston and will still enjoy

This may be the case, however when this cruise was booked it was scheduled to leave Bayonne on an ABC cruise.

Thanks to all for the confirmation that what I read was correct.

At this time I am going to switch over to the Serenade out of Boston and will still enjoy

See you there!!!!!:)

I tried to send you an email to the email addr we had for you but it was returned. Can you update me with your new email?

My original email said:

We haven't received any notification from anyone! I am fed up with how RCCL is treating their passengers. Our TA is away for a week, and I am fed up with her anyway, going to start using another. We had a fantastic cabin and now have to consider going further (Boston), spending more (hotel, etc) and getting the leftover cabins?

Not sure what we are going to do. Thinking about Celebrity.

Any opinions about other cruise lines?

Karen

I think we'll pass on the Boston to FLL cruise. Transportation to Boston and high prices for a hotel is an inconvenience. I think we'll just choose another cruise out of Bayonne instead but probably won't get the JS now, too expensive, even with $400 OBC.

Btw, we received an email and phone message but will decide tomorrow what to do instead. Our group has 5 cabins, 3 are JS cabins. We all booked the future cruise on our cruise last month. Will I lose OBC for pre booking I'm hoping to get both OBC!

I think we'll pass on the Boston to FLL cruise. Transportation to Boston and high prices for a hotel is an inconvenience. I think we'll just choose another cruise out of Bayonne instead but probably won't get the JS now, too expensive, even with $400 OBC.

Btw, we received an email and phone message but will decide tomorrow what to do instead. Our group has 5 cabins, 3 are JS cabins. We all booked the future cruise on our cruise last month. Will I lose OBC for pre booking I'm hoping to get both OBC!

I hear ya ...since we live in RI the Boston option is actually cheaper as opposed to trying to figure out one way transportation to NJ and probably a hotel ... I hope all works out !!!

I tried to send you an email to the email addr we had for you but it was returned. Can you update me with your new email?

My original email said:

We haven't received any notification from anyone! I am fed up with how RCCL is treating their passengers. Our TA is away for a week, and I am fed up with her anyway, going to start using another. We had a fantastic cabin and now have to consider going further (Boston), spending more (hotel, etc) and getting the leftover cabins?

Karen

arzeena6@gmail.com

We are booked on the Serenade for now. Will change if a better itinerary comes up.

What celebrity cruise were you thinking of?

My original email said:

Karen

I will email you.

You should be able to keep your original OBC for any cruise you switch to. But you will also get the extra for booking on the Serenade. I am not sure if you get the extra only if you choose their offer (to book the Serenade) or for any other ship.

Edited by Arzeena

You should be able to keep your original OBC for any cruise you switch to. But you will also get the extra for booking on the Serenade. I am not sure if you get the extra only if you choose their offer (to book the Serenade) or for any other ship.

The OBC for the cancelled sailing is for any cruise that you choose and does not have to be the one that they offer.

The only conditional offer is the price protection that is limited to the sailing(s) that they are offering.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hello ,

I was notified by my TA who was notified by RCCL shortly after the speculation on the 10/23/repo cancellation started... I was offered the same category stateroom on the Serenade repo out of Boston and a $400 OBC. Since the going rate on a JS on serenade was about 2K more than I was paying and the Boston repo was my second choice for 2017 ( already done it 5 times) .i was very happy with the offer and resolution especially since it is well over a year away .:D

Same here, got notice from Royal last Thurs who I booked directly. Since retiring from ARMY been sailing Boston to Tampa/Ft Lauderdale repo since 2012. For a change thought try Rhapsody Oct2017 repo. Watched for weeks for cruise bookings to open & jumped on Jr Suite aft corner! This as B2B staying on Rhap same cabin another 7 nites... Getting cancel notice early as did quick checked available Serenade cabins and able to grab 1602 at $2000 cheaper than listing thanx to the price protection. Hate the canceled cruises but nice treat the extra $400 OBC & larger cabin as usually have D1 1102/1104/1604, love my afts!... Really do feel for others not getting notice I got...

Edited by ONECRUISER
wording sounds better...

Same here, got notice from Royal last Thurs who I booked directly. Since retiring from ARMY been sailing Boston to Tampa/Ft Lauderdale repo since 2012. For a change thought try Rhapsody Oct2017 repo. Watched for weeks for cruise bookings to open & jumped on Jr Suite aft corner! This as B2B staying on Rhap same cabin another 7 nites... Getting cancel notice early as did quick checked available Serenade cabins and able to grab 1602 at $2000 cheaper than listing thanx to the price protection. Hate the canceled cruises but nice treat the extra $400 OBC & larger cabin as usually have D1 1102/1104/1604, love my afts!... Really do feel for others not getting notice I got...

We would have been neighbors on the Rhapsody!:(:D

This is the update to position I have found myself in with RCCL. My initial post outlines the stance that RCCL originally took re this cruise,

I think it goes without saying that, waiting for a reply from RCCL is like waiting for the Lottery Jackpot to come along.

This morning I received a call from my TA asking whether I had read the email that she had forwarded from RCCL, see below

Good Morning, 08 Jun 16

I hope this email finds you well.

Please be advised that no official communication has been received or sent

that affects the sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas, 23rd of October 2017. No

guests on this sailing have been moved or cancelled for the time being,

however if this changes we will be letting you know as soon as this becomes

official. Our guests can rest assured that they will have options if we

need to modify their sailing somehow.

We apologise for not having any additional information to provide.

Have a great day!

Yours Sincerely,

I have deliberately omitted the signatory to this email as they have no formal right of reply through CC.

I visited my TA and got her to call the deployment team. I don't know whether its corporate speak or down right incompetence, their position is the status quo, the cruise is NOT cancelled.

Even when my TA highlighted the fact that the Raphsody is sailing out of Venice on the 14 Oct 17 on a 7 day sailing, they still would not accept what they were being told.

I am severely annoyed with RCCL regarding the handling of this matter and I wondering whether anyone knows where I could go next.

The deployment team that my TA was speaking to would not put the call up to resolutions.

RCCL will not speak to me direct as this is booked through a TA.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

This is the update to position I have found myself in with RCCL. My initial post outlines the stance that RCCL originally took re this cruise,

I think it goes without saying that, waiting for a reply from RCCL is like waiting for the Lottery Jackpot to come along.

This morning I received a call from my TA asking whether I had read the email that she had forwarded from RCCL, see below

Good Morning, 08 Jun 16

I hope this email finds you well.

Please be advised that no official communication has been received or sent

that affects the sailing on Rhapsody of the Seas, 23rd of October 2017. No

guests on this sailing have been moved or cancelled for the time being,

however if this changes we will be letting you know as soon as this becomes

official. Our guests can rest assured that they will have options if we

need to modify their sailing somehow.

We apologise for not having any additional information to provide.

Have a great day!

Yours Sincerely,

I have deliberately omitted the signatory to this email as they have no formal right of reply through CC.

I visited my TA and got her to call the deployment team. I don't know whether its corporate speak or down right incompetence, their position is the status quo, the cruise is NOT cancelled.

Even when my TA highlighted the fact that the Raphsody is sailing out of Venice on the 14 Oct 17 on a 7 day sailing, they still would not accept what they were being told.

I am severely annoyed with RCCL regarding the handling of this matter and I wondering whether anyone knows where I could go next.

The deployment team that my TA was speaking to would not put the call up to resolutions.

RCCL will not speak to me direct as this is booked through a TA.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

That is awful ... especially since I have an email from RCCL acknowledging the cancellation and subsequent offer.

Dear Travel Partners,

We recently announced the sale of Legend of the Seas, which has subsequently made it necessary for us to adjust some of our related itineraries in 2017. Please know that we fully recognize that this is not a matter of simply moving dates and ships. We realize your clients' vacation is precious and we want to do everything we can to ensure it is exceptional.

To that end, we are sorry to inform you that your clients' upcoming sailing onboard Rhapsody of the Seas, sailing October 23, 2017, has been cancelled. We understand the disappointment this may cause, and will have one of our associates reach out to you to discuss possible options for your clients.

Guests currently booked with names and money in house on Rhapsody of the Seas October 23, 2017:

Re-book on the select sailing below, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available cruise fare or any other Royal Caribbean sailing at prevailing rate. Price protection is limited to the cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing rates regardless of the sailing chosen.

Select Sailing:

Serenade of the Seas, October 20, 2017

Receive $200 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $400 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean saili

Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights and $300 per person, for International Flights. A copy of air fees assessed must be provided for reimbursement. Guests who cancel their sailing or air are not eligible for air change fee reimbursement.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel; however, they will not receive any of the above compensation, including air change fee reimbursement. Travel Agency's commission will be protected on cancelled bookings with full payments.

Edited by msjaxson