Elegant tank top

zunza75

Will be going on a cruise very soon and reading about main dining room dress code I noticed it says no tank tops. Now , if it is a dressy tank top ( ladies ) is it still not appropriate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is totally appropriate. They are referring to men, I believe. (who wants to see hairy arm pits at the dinner table? Lol).....:eek:

Lol [emoji28]. That's what believed and I didn't think of it until today since I was getting ready to pack for the cruise and I started having doubts [emoji33]

Isn't a tank top a tank top, and doesn't "no tank tops" mean "no tank tops"?

"Tank top" is a definitive term, while "dressy" has as many possible meanings as there are people on a ship.

If they do not indicate a gender differential, what's the question?

"Tank top" is a definitive term, while "dressy" has as many possible meanings as there are people on a ship.

And that's why I am confused . What I am supposed to wear than lol. I don't have a dress for each night .

Lol [emoji28]. That's what believed and I didn't think of it until today since I was getting ready to pack for the cruise and I started having doubts [emoji33]

You will have no problems at all. Many women wear sleeveless outfits. I like wearing the Jersey tank dresses on casual nights....and wear sleeveless cocktail dresses on formal/elegant night. The only time I have ever seen anyone turned away from the dining room, was a teenager in a basketball tank. Have a wonderful cruise...:)

Will be going on a cruise very soon and reading about main dining room dress code I noticed it says no tank tops. Now , if it is a dressy tank top ( ladies ) is it still not appropriate ?

no tanks on the GUYS at dinner. although hairy armpits are a great appetite suppressant so if you are worried about gaining too much weight while on board......

that being said, you will most likely find interior spaces are kept quite chilly so you will almost certainly want a wrap or topper of some sort.

You will have no problems at all. Many women wear sleeveless outfits. I like wearing the Jersey tank dresses on casual nights....and wear sleeveless cocktail dresses on formal/elegant night. The only time I have ever seen anyone turned away from the dining room, was a teenager in a basketball tank. Have a wonderful cruise...:)

getting into semantics.. a sleeveless top is NOT necessary a tank tap. it has to do with the width of the straps.

a spaghetti strap top, in MNSHO is not appropriate for dinner unless you also have a shawl/pashmina/topper of some sort over it. same with a true tank top with very skinny shoulder straps. but all my 'sleeveless' tops cover the shoulder completely. I bet if you took good look at those jersey dresses, the shoulder strap is on the wider side.

getting into semantics.. a sleeveless top is NOT necessary a tank tap. it has to do with the width of the straps.

a spaghetti strap top, in MNSHO is not appropriate for dinner unless you also have a shawl/pashmina/topper of some sort over it. same with a true tank top with very skinny shoulder straps. but all my 'sleeveless' tops cover the shoulder completely. I bet if you took good look at those jersey dresses, the shoulder strap is on the wider side.

You may be right, but it really does not matter...in my "better shape".. days I have worn "strapless", and I see many ladies wearing strapless, and off the shoulder tops or dresses. And YES....brrrrrr....you are right!!! It can be chilly. A wrap is great advice. :)

no tanks on the GUYS at dinner. although hairy armpits are a great appetite suppressant so if you are worried about gaining too much weight while on board......

that being said, you will most likely find interior spaces are kept quite chilly so you will almost certainly want a wrap or topper of some sort.

Hahahaha...so THIS is how people don't gain weight :):):)

How about in Europe. In many countries their, men are not the only ones with hairy armpits. :)

Typically (since the OP did not reference a specific cruise line) the dress code for men and the dress code for women are different. I also don't think a "dressy tank top" that a woman would normally wear is the same garment as "tank top" that a man would normally wear.

Edited by Cuizer2

Typically (since the OP did not reference a specific cruise line) the dress code for men and the dress code for women are different. I also don't think a "dressy tank top" that a woman would normally wear is the same garment as "tank top" that a man would normally wear.

Royal , Jewel of the seas in 10 days from Rome ;) .

I ll bring my tank tops , no hair will show [emoji12][emoji28][emoji102]

Hahahaha...so THIS is how people don't gain weight :):):)

OP, The title to your post is eyecatching.

I'm thinking on my next cruise, to pack my elegant pajama bottoms for wear at dinner,

in case me trousers get too tight.:p

How about in Europe. In many countries their, men are not the only ones with hairy armpits. :)

This is true , but men's tank tops have MUCH larger and lower armholes than do women's tank tops and reveal a lot more. Also, I think , in general, (there are always exceptions), men tend to be hairier than women! :D

Edited by Rala
typo

OP, The title to your post is eyecatching.

I'm thinking on my next cruise, to pack my elegant pajama bottoms for wear at dinner,

in case me trousers get too tight.:p

Great idea !

I am sure " elegant tank top" is not the right way to say it but English is not my first language and I said it the way it came in mind [emoji12][emoji12][emoji28][emoji23]

Edited by zunza75