Elegant tank top

zunza75

What about the right to bare arms? :D

The ships are foreign flagged, so the US constitution does not apply. :) Beside, then you get into the argument about arming bears.

Edited by Cuizer2

I concur that the MDR is often too chilly for me. I always have a wrap or shrug folded in my bag should the need arise. And there are some perfectly beautiful tank tops for ladies the are quite acceptable. Men's wife-beaters or those that promote Lite Beer are not. just my opinion.

I concur that the MDR is often too chilly for me. I always have a wrap or shrug folded in my bag should the need arise. And there are some perfectly beautiful tank tops for ladies the are quite acceptable. Men's wife-beaters or those that promote Lite Beer are not. just my opinion.

But what if it is an "elegant" wife-beater, or one that promotes PREMIUM Lite Beer?9

• 3 weeks later...

Many cruise lines have been forced to add a "Rural" Dress Code to accommodate current trends in America.

Why not try to pair your "elegant tank top" with some "formal hog washers" and a patent leather baseball cap?

A tramp stamp and a nose ring would round it out very nicely.

Many cruise lines have been forced to add a "Rural" Dress Code to accommodate current trends in America.

Why not try to pair your "elegant tank top" with some "formal hog washers" and a patent leather baseball cap?

Good point - it seems that as long as the name of an article of clothing is preceded by an adjective such as "dressy" or "formal" it is fine for any venue, any time of day. Of course "dressy" pajamas are OK -as would be a "formal" wife beater.

It's such a shame about the death of common sense. :D Not that it really ever was common. Some people can exercise appropriate judgement and some cannot, no matter how many rules and guidelines they are given. I'm sure that some on this thread would argue that a woman in a polo shirt on formal night would be more appropriately dressed than a woman in a spaghetti-strap cocktail dress, because the dress would count as a tank top!

I need a visual of "formal hog washers"....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good grief...where what you want to the MDR. I doubt many will notice.

The only time I have ever noticed what someone was wearing (other than my family and those at my table) in any restaurant is when the women at the table point them out or start gesturing and whispering. That usually indicates someone is "pushing the limit"...and then, unless you look like people should be throwing dollar bills at you, it will soon be forgotten.

The lone exception to that was on our last cruise and I wanted to gauge "formal" participation for a review.

Edited by TC1957

35aaeea45eb34c0ae6b67254eed7425d.jpg

It's such a shame about the death of common sense. :D Not that it really ever was common. Some people can exercise appropriate judgement and some cannot, no matter how many rules and guidelines they are given. I'm sure that some on this thread would argue that a woman in a polo shirt on formal night would be more appropriately dressed than a woman in a spaghetti-strap cocktail dress, because the dress would count as a tank top!

Cammo can be classy!

35aaeea45eb34c0ae6b67254eed7425d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...