Shipboard Credit in lieu of Gratuities

Aruba

I've been away from CruiseCritic (indeed, away from cruising) for a couple of years so my memory is rusty.

We already receive pre-paid gratuities based on our Oceania Club level. Our TA is including pre-paid gratuities for cruises we recently booked and said that, as a result, our Oceania Club benefit would be converted to "shipboard credit in lieu of gratuities, amount to be determined later by Oceania".

She could not tell me the precise amount of the shipboard credit but from the phrase "to be determined later", I suspect it will be less than the gratuity dollar equivalent.

Anyone else been in a similar situation and remember what SBC Oceania offers in lieu of doubled-up gratuities? Thanks.

I've been away from CruiseCritic (indeed, away from cruising) for a couple of years so my memory is rusty.

We already receive pre-paid gratuities based on our Oceania Club level. Our TA is including pre-paid gratuities for cruises we recently booked and said that, as a result, our Oceania Club benefit would be converted to "shipboard credit in lieu of gratuities, amount to be determined later by Oceania".

She could not tell me the precise amount of the shipboard credit but from the phrase "to be determined later", I suspect it will be less than the gratuity dollar equivalent.

Anyone else been in a similar situation and remember what SBC Oceania offers in lieu of doubled-up gratuities? Thanks.

$250

Jancruz1

I was on a 7 day on Riviera last week. We had prepaid gratuities. We had a room credit applied to our room. We had a penthouse with the butler. The amount was $16 per guest per day and $7 per guest per day for the butler. I believe that was the breakdown. $322 was charged to our room and a room credit for that amount was applied. We gave additional cash tips too.

The date you became silver is the important factor I think

I believe we got $250 as Jan posted as we were not silver on the right date ;)

Hi to Jeff

Lyn

The date you became silver is the important factor I think

I believe we got $250 as Jan posted as we were not silver on the right date ;)

Hi to Jeff

Lyn

Was that $250 PP or per cabin?

It is per Oceania Club member, ie per person.

Cheers,

Don

Not so bad. Can drink a lot of vodka and wine for that amount of money even though it does not add up to what we would have been charged. Still a lot of cheers will be heard. :):):)

Was that $250 PP or per cabin?

Actually I think it was per cabin

I will have to go find the cards from last cruise

we had PPG from TA + Oceania perk + Oceania club so not sure what amout was for what :D

update checked my cards for April cruise

we got PPG from TA

$150 Each as part of the Last Call perk from Oceania in lieu of PPG

$250 per cabin in lieu of PPG for Oceania club + the $400 OBC for Silver

I would confirm with your TA what amounts you will get

Edited by LHT28

Hi John, I just saw your post. I haven't used that email address in a while but will go back into that account and look. Great to hear from you! I'll send you my new address. :)

Real question. is Oceania putting the squeeze on PPG/

A couple of months back we booked out 2017 cruise(s). For the first time ever our TA told us we would not be getting PPG, but they would give us extra OBC. :eek: We always got PPG. She is a high producing O TA and works for an even higher tiered TA, and no PPG. She hinted that O is putting the squeeze on them on this issue, and no one is going to buck the system.

Why would Oceania not want PPG as part of any package? I like not having to think about it personally! :confused:

Real question. is Oceania putting the squeeze on PPG/

A couple of months back we booked out 2017 cruise(s). For the first time ever our TA told us we would not be getting PPG, but they would give us extra OBC. :eek: We always got PPG. She is a high producing O TA and works for an even higher tiered TA, and no PPG. She hinted that O is putting the squeeze on them on this issue, and no one is going to buck the system.

Why would Oceania not want PPG as part of any package? I like not having to think about it personally! :confused:

Have you asked if your agent has put together a group ? O still gives agents who form groups the Pre paid Gratuities... I have booked through groups even though I was the first and maybe only member of said group and gotten the gratuities on bookings way into 2018... AND very nice additions to the base OBC offered to non groups members. I dont get that from my agent that O is squeezing at all !

Could it be that maybe the agents agency is looking at increasing their botom line and blaming O ????? Potential might exist and blaming someone else ...its not me.... is a tried and true line.

This is my understanding of multiple PPGs.

If one became Silver (or higher) before 12/31/2014 (or was it 2013?) then the second PPG is given in its full amount. If not, then it will be $250 to $350, depending on the length of the cruise. In case there is a third PPG (as we have had on occasion) then the second PPG was full amount and the third one was the $250 - $350, even for the "grandfathered" guests.

This is my understanding of multiple PPGs.

If one became Silver (or higher) before 12/31/2014 (or was it 2013?) then the second PPG is given in its full amount.

Wow, I hope you're right -- that's the best (i.e. highest SBC) answer yet! :) We were Silver in August 2012.

Wow, I hope you're right -- that's the best (i.e. highest SBC) answer yet! :) We were Silver in August 2012.

It should be that way and if it isn't check with management.That is the way it is for us every time we have more than 1 PPG, including the current cruise.