RC just called me about booking..

So yesterday I called RC to ask about a July 2017 cruise. I told the girl I was just gathering info because we won't cruise until July 2018 but of course those dates aren't out yet.

Today, I get a call from RC stating that they have some great promotions out now and know that I called about July 2017, yada, yada.....

Ok, I've done the same thing with the 2 other cruises we've taken on RC (I'm a planner, can you tell?lol) and I've never gotten a personal call. Is this something new or are they having trouble filling cabins? I mean, the one I called about is over a year away! This is for the Anthem by the way.

has it always been like this? Like I said, 2 cruises before and it never happened. But the last cruise was 2011 so planning would have started in 2009/2010.

I could understand the email.....standard form letter, just press a button. But I didn't expect the personal call. Nice touch. :)

Do you think so? Wow, I hate that sort of phone call.

Well, any number I don't recognize on my cell (as in any 800 #) I let go to voicemail so, no bother to me. But in general, I agree with you.

So yesterday I called RC to ask about a July 2017 cruise. I told the girl I was just gathering info because we won't cruise until July 2018 but of course those dates aren't out yet.

Today, I get a call from RC stating that they have some great promotions out now and know that I called about July 2017, yada, yada.....

Ok, I've done the same thing with the 2 other cruises we've taken on RC (I'm a planner, can you tell?lol) and I've never gotten a personal call. Is this something new or are they having trouble filling cabins? I mean, the one I called about is over a year away! This is for the Anthem by the way.

And if you cancel a cruise they will call you the next day.

When I was planning my family cruise, on Anthem. I called to get prices on their 2 bd suites and asked if they had anything else... I couldn't look online to get the pricing because they don't typically list them.

2 Days later, I got a call from the sales rep I had spoken to and he asked if we had decided to go with 1 or 2 of the 2 bedroom suites or another direction. He claimed that they only had 2 left for the dates I was looking at (2 days earlier they had 4 available)

I appreciated the call but we hadn't really decided on the date yet... As it turned out, the date we did finally settle on, there were no suites available.

When Royal calls you, what shows up on caller ID?

Thanks!

We were called by Royal, twice, recently due to our cruise being cancelled by Them. Both times it came through caller id as '800 Service' and the same (866) number. They left a message so I knew what it was about.