Calling all solo cruisers with 340 C&A points

Hello,

Next year I will reach 340 C&A points. As a poor singleton, that means I would then only pay 150% of the single fare when occupying a double cabin and not 200%

But to every silver lining there is a cloud (or two).

Can I kindly ask those solo cruisers with more than 340 points if they know the answers to these questions?

OBC per stateroom – would I only get 75% of the offer;

D+ balcony discount – again would I only get 75% of the discount;

Future C&A points – would I still get double C&A points (3 for suite).

I would call RCI but based on past experience I would spend the next decade finding someone who knew the answers and not someone who thought they knew.

Thanks and Regards,

Cublet

I have done a few solo (when the Wife lets me :) ) and have received full OBC and full balcony discount.

I have struggled sometimes to get the 150% solo rate.

The Rhapsody crossing in April 2017 that I booked at the weekend was cheaper for 2 than 1 - it's all in the BOGHO sale pricing

Pete

Hello,

Next year I will reach 340 C&A points. As a poor singleton, that means I would then only pay 150% of the single fare when occupying a double cabin and not 200%

But to every silver lining there is a cloud (or two).

Can I kindly ask those solo cruisers with more than 340 points if they know the answers to these questions?

I would call RCI but based on past experience I would spend the next decade finding someone who knew the answers and not someone who thought they knew.

Thanks and Regards,

Cublet

Hi,

It's a great perk. I have saved thousands already.

I rarely manage to get deals with OBC included- but have always got the advertised amount.

I've always go the full discount.

Definitely get 3 points. YAY

Enjoy!

Raina

There was one time that I only got a portion of the balcony discount. I think it was on my Jewel cruise last fall. If I am given a choice, I always use a discount that will reduce the price of a cabin and not an onboard credit, so no experience with that one either.

Just want to (unhappily) point out that the 150% can not be used in July or August.

What you need to be worried about is whether you can get the 150%. For the current promo I was unable to get the 150% on an Anthem booking because the offered price was already at the 150%. I've also run into that before on last minute offerings. However, I was able to get three existing sailings repriced.

What you need to be worried about is whether you can get the 150%. For the current promo I was unable to get the 150% on an Anthem booking because the offered price was already at the 150%. I've also run into that before on last minute offerings. However, I was able to get three existing sailings repriced.

Hi, Carol. So you were able to call and get future bookings repriced after reaching 340? I am reaching the magic number this fall so looking forward to not paying 200% for some cruises! Katherine

Hi, Carol. So you were able to call and get future bookings repriced after reaching 340? I am reaching the magic number this fall so looking forward to not paying 200% for some cruises! Katherine

Hi Katherine,

I had my TA reprice 3 future cruises and saved a bunch of money. I already had a killer deal on the Harmony TA and it became even more extraordinary!

I just booked the Anthem for Feb 2017. The double occupancy cabins are currently being offered at 150%, but I opted for a solo balcony guarantee at $600 less which means I will probably get a regular DO balcony but only single cruise points. I can live with that.

As a single cruiser, I find this to be the best benefit of C&A!! I hit the magic number last year and was able to reprice a couple cruises I had booked. It's also helped me into suites where the price at 200% was a bit prohibitive.

I got a Majesty cruise booked with the current promo, then called C&A and got it re priced at the 150%. Then transferred it to my TA.

That's why I mentioned the ship. I'm not seeing the 150% general offer on my other sailings.

I got a Majesty cruise booked with the current promo, then called C&A and got it re priced at the 150%. Then transferred it to my TA.

John, had the price gone up since you booked? In other words, is C&A applying the 150% without re-pricing to current levels?

The single supplement discount cannot be used in July or August or for holiday bookings...ie Christmas and New Year's....that's what I was told. I know for a fact that summer discounts don't exist, but I haven't travelled at Christmas or NY's so can't say if that still applies.

It is quite a savings for sure! :)

The single supplement discount cannot be used in July or August or for holiday bookings...ie Christmas and New Year's....that's what I was told. I know for a fact that summer discounts don't exist, but I haven't travelled at Christmas or NY's so can't say if that still applies.

It is quite a savings for sure! :)

That is true but often they will honor it if your cruise begins in June or runs into September.

John, had the price gone up since you booked? In other words, is C&A applying the 150% without re-pricing to current levels?

It seems like the price was around $236 PP for dbl occupancy with the sale started and we ended up at $348 per cabin, plus tax/fees. We did get the $50 OBC on each cabin

It seems like the price was around $236 PP for dbl occupancy with the sale started and we ended up at $348 per cabin, plus tax/fees. We did get the $50 OBC on each cabin

Pretty close to 150%.

That doesn't sound correct. I have had a BOGOHOAX booking that gained me an additional discount for the solo occupancy.

Question: when you had your sailings repriced was it at the same rate you paid or was it at the then-prevailing rate? I have read that, when moving up the C&A ranks after booking a balcony, RCI will only apply the balcony discount after adjusting the price of the cruise to the prevailing rate.

That doesn't sound correct. I have had a BOGOHOAX booking that gained me an additional discount for the solo occupancy.

Question: when you had your sailings repriced was it at the same rate you paid or was it at the then-prevailing rate? I have read that, when moving up the C&A ranks after booking a balcony, RCI will only apply the balcony discount after adjusting the price of the cruise to the prevailing rate.

I think there's something special about the current promo and the Anthem. I booked on the phone and the rep first told me I would get the extra discount, but when he checked, he was told no. I tried this once before for a special after final rate and encountered the same thing. Basically the 150% rate was already in place and they were not repricing that rate again to take off another 25%. That's why I took the SB (studio balcony) guarantee because it was $600 less than a DO (obstructed balcony). On Anthem that can be a win/win - either you get assigned to a real SB (unlikely) or you get a full sized balcony albeit obstructed. I can live with that.

I don't know what my TA did with RCL but she was able to rebook three cruises (one balcony and two insides) at 150% for me. I was not actually moving up in the CA ranks in terms of being eligible for an increased balcony discount. My move up in ranks made me eligible for a new type of discount.

Several of the Anthem cruises have single specials, which will prevent you from getting the single supplement dropped.

They have been out for several weeks now, nothing to do with the current 'sale' from RCCL.

Do a mock booking, and click on the ? By the price which will tell you what specials are in the price - you should see single rate specials.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

There has been a long gap in this thread chiefly because the RCI offer in Europe has been around 'buy one, second goes half price' so the 340 point C&A half price benefit has not arisen - until now.

I have been told by two people from the Loyalty Department, in theory in London but judging by their names not, that I have to pay 200% to get the additional C&A point.

I have responded with a cut and paste from the UK C&A T&Cs saying they are conflating two different T&Cs and are wrong.

One, on C&A Balcony Discounts and OBC, specifically says paying less than 200% means these benefits are pro-rated which I understand.

The other, on the awarding of C&A points is quite simple:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms.

I contend that I am paying a 'single pricing type for a double occupancy stateroom' so should get the full points' benefit. I also had this confirmed by the Next Cruise Manager and Loyalty Ambassador on Independence last year.

I tried finding the C&A T&Cs on the US website and failed miserably.

Can I ask if anyone can be so kind to direct me to the US C&A T&Cs in case they are different?

I am waiting for a response from the Loyalty Department to my objection.

Regards,

Cublet

They are in Guatemala not London!

Can you see this link?

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_11.6.17-1.pdf

I just logged into the USA site to get it.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-plus-members/

This link forces it to stay on the USA site if it keeps redirecting you

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/?wuc=USA

They are in Guatemala not London!

Can you see this link?

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_11.6.17-1.pdf

I just logged into the USA site to get it.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-plus-members/

This link forces it to stay on the USA site if it keeps redirecting you

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/?wuc=USA

Hello,

I did know they were is Guatemala but at the time of writing was unsure how to spell it and had no room on my desk for both computer and atlas.

Many thanks for the links. The first one containing the full US T&Cs reads the same as the UK so I feel confident. As I said in my post, I think they are conflating two different T&C clauses and RCI, having got rid of expertise when out-sourcing to to Guatemala, has lost a lot of knowledge and experience.

Regards,

Cublet