Cabin assignment

staygulf

It truly varies.

We've gotten assigned almost immediately after booking or at least weeks before sailing (and usually a much better cabin than we paid for!)

On the Pacific Princess, Dec 2015, (the official 50th Anniversary of Princess cruise), we did not get our assignment until the day before boarding and we were already in Los Angeles. Didn't mind the wait as we knew we were confirmed on the sailing. (And got upgrade, no extra cost, from oceanview to balcony!)

We ended up having to print the luggage tags and new boarding passes at the hotel but not a big deal to do this.

I'm of the mind that the longer it takes, the better chances I have of getting a really great room!! Just hang in there...maybe that will happen for you too.

The latest I have received a GTY cabin assignment was 24 hours before embarkation. The cabin was assigned while I was flying to the port city.

Usually I get a GTY assigned in the last week before the cruise.

Since Princess started emphasizing upsells and passengers jumped at the chance to give Princess more $$$, more and more often a GTY assignment ends up being in the same category that was booked.

There are still some free upgrades, but not nearly as many as in the past.

Thanks all. We've received our allocation now. Got an upgrade so I'm pretty pleased about that. Happy sailing everyone :)

Just curious, which ship, cabin type and sailing date. It looks like you are two weeks ahead of us. We have a obstructed view guarantee on the Coral sailing July 9.

Just curious, which ship, cabin type and sailing date. It looks like you are two weeks ahead of us. We have a obstructed view guarantee on the Coral sailing July 9.

We're on Emerald Princess on 2nd July. We had booked a BF guarantee balcony which was showing as on deck 14 at front of ship. We have been allocated Deck 11 slap bang in the middle grade BA, which is about a four grade upgrade. Much prefer to be in the middle of the ship, close to the central elevators.

So do you keep checking your cruise personalizer everyday to see if Princess makes a change or will my TA let me know first?

I have been checking my personaliser every day. But no doubt I'll receive a letter from my TA in the next few days.