Charcuterie onboard?

hnet999

I actually feel a little silly asking this question but I saw a social media picture that seemed like it might be on a Celebrity ship of a beautiful charcuterie platter.

Being a guy that loves his meat and cheese platters ... I wanted to ask if any restaurants on Celebrity (traveling on Infinity next month) offer this.

I am already pretty excited about the food (esp Luminae), but a decent charcuterie plate would put it over the top.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I actually feel a little silly asking this question but I saw a social media picture that seemed like it might be on a Celebrity ship of a beautiful charcuterie platter.

Being a guy that loves his meat and cheese platters ... I wanted to ask if any restaurants on Celebrity (traveling on Infinity next month) offer this.

I am already pretty excited about the food (esp Luminae), but a decent charcuterie plate would put it over the top.

Just off Summit, they had a station at the buffet.

Unless I am mistaken the galley staff is not processing and producing the products available on the ships. There is a reasonable selection of cheeses and a few cured/smoked meats selections. But don't expect the top end charcuterie you would find in a professional shop.

Best one I have had is on Allure of Seas in Sambas. That was a number of years ago. It was great too.

Definitely a selection in ocean view, not many but usually 3 to 4 meats and the same number of cheeses. Tuscan does an antipasti board but they now charge $11 for it. So if you've booked a dining oackage you have to pay extra for it.

Edited by Tiggertastic

Okay, let's be honest. Did anyone else check out this post just to figure out what a charcuterie is?? That's why I'm here.

Meats and cheeses, sounds good to me! :D

Lol. Now I want to see you try and pronounce it :)

LOL I didn't want to write "Are there Prepared Meat Platters Onboard" because that sounded even sillier than charcuterie. But I saw someone that had been on Infinity posted a great pic of smoked meats and cheeses and couldn't tell if that was onboard or at a port.

I have been watching calories for a while in prep for my July Alaska cruise ... and I want to make the most of every single pound I will gain back in those wonderful 7 days!!! So yes, give me a nice platter of salami, sausages, pâtés, taleggio, Parmigiano Reggiano with some great bread and some fig spread along with a nice dry spicy red wine and watch the lbs come back.:):):)

So yes, give me a nice platter of salami, sausages, pâtés, taleggio, Parmigiano Reggiano with some great bread and some fig spread along with a nice dry spicy red wine and watch the lbs come back.:):):)

That my friend is heaven ;)

My only experience is on Caribbean cruises so I can't comment what is available on cruises i Europe.

I would imagine what's available on an Alaskan cruise is similar to the Caribbean cruises since the foods are sourced in the US,not overseas. Frankly, any meats and cheeses that I've seen on X are pretty much supermarket quality. Nothing like one would buy in charcuteries all over France. The breads are decent but they only bake them on board.They are sourced and frozen in advance and arrive on the ship as frozen dough.

LOL So yes, give me a nice platter of salami, sausages, pâtés, taleggio, Parmigiano Reggiano with some great bread and some fig spread along with a nice dry spicy red wine and watch the lbs come back.:):):)

That combined with sunsets, glaciers and whales ... Truly heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're in Luminae, mention it nicely to the waiter or head waiter. Nothing guaranteed, but they may well arrange one for you on a subsequent night. I've read several threads here that describe special items in Luminae when requested ahead of time. Worth trying,anyway.

Okay, let's be honest. Did anyone else check out this post just to figure out what a charcuterie is?? That's why I'm here.

Meats and cheeses, sounds good to me! :D

I did...and must admit, have no idea how to pronounce it.

:D

I have been watching calories for a while in prep for my July Alaska cruise ... and I want to make the most of every single pound I will gain back in those wonderful 7 days!!! So yes, give me a nice platter of salami, sausages, pâtés, taleggio, Parmigiano Reggiano with some great bread and some fig spread along with a nice dry spicy red wine and watch the lbs come back.:):):)

I skipped the bread and starchy foods on my last cruise on the Infinity. Everything was so good, I found it quite easy as they have many choices so you don't have to crave all the carbs.

I stopped by the pizza bar and made myself a little appetizer plate of veggies and cheese to enjoy on the balcony with a glass of wine in the afternoon.

For lunch and a couple of times for dinner, I would go to the Chinese or pasta bar and just let them saute up the veggies and maybe some chicken and then a little sauce...either no noodles or just a smidgen. It worked .... especially since we took the stairs everywhere. No pounds gained....well, at least not on that cruise. LOL