Anthem of the Sea Nerves

Hi all!

I'm going on Anthem on August 6th! I want to be excited, but I keep reading negative reviews of the ship. I went on Liberty last year and loved it! Any advice on my nerves? We booked everything on the cruise planner and just hoping for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, quit worrying. The newest class of ships in the fleet, cutting edge technology, more to do than any other ship out there. You have to realize, people hate change. This ship is different than traditional ships. Plus, people love to complain, don't give them the satisfaction of letting it affect you.

I am looking forward to my sailing in September.

JC

Stop reading reviews. I was on Anthem in March and in April. We had a fabulous time. The April cruise was booked at the last minute, and I was still able to book entertainment, iFly, North Star, and a dining rotation once onboard.

We are on the same sailing and very much looking forward to it. Yes there are some that have nothing good to say about the ship, but for the most part they are looking for the old time Royal experience which this ship does not have. Check out Swim13's review, lots of great pictures and good words. It is a different sailing but gives a good idea of what is there. Most of the recent reviews have changed around quite a bit and most are enjoying. If the reviews are troubling you stop reading them . I do continue to read and take what I can from each. If you haven't already make sure to join the roll call.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Agree. Just came off Anthem and had fun. When I started reading the reviews they were all negative but then started turning more positive. In general the complaints were from traditionalists. Anthem is a very different experience but different can be good too! Sure we had some minor complaints but nothing more than any other vacation-s*it happens. Despite not having reservations I was able to do everything I wanted to do so I left satisfied. I also felt there was plenty of room for flexibility and last minute changes, etc. Relax, take the reviews with a grain of salt, and get excited for your cruise!

Stop reading reviews. I was on Anthem in March and in April. We had a fabulous time. The April cruise was booked at the last minute, and I was still able to book entertainment, iFly, North Star, and a dining rotation once onboard.

This is what I would say too. Lot of people out there that are never happy. :mad:

A cruise is what you make of it, I have never had a bad cruise!!! :D

Go and enjoy your special trip, quit stressing. It's all good!!! :cool:

I went on Quantum of the Seas last year and loved every minute. My favorite ship to date. ️ Looking forward to my cruise on the Anthem of the Seas in October. Go and have FUN [emoji950][emoji485][emoji493]

Whatever criticism of the Anthem is nothing to the vitriol against Quantum OTS, especially the DD concept. We had a fantastic time on the Quantum a few years ago and really enjoyed DD. IMO, the Windjammer is the best of the entire fleet both in the design and quality of offerings.

Ps. I wish they offered Mamma Mia on the Anthem.

My approach to evaluating reviews is quite similar to judging a diving contest. Throw out the highest score and lowest score and then average the rest.

This has served me well... Some people are too easy to please and everything is perfect. Some people are just the opposite and everything is horrible. By discarding the best and worst, you get a good cross section.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I understand your nerves. My advice would be to reserve anything you didn't book ahead as soon as you board the ship. We are loved the ship, but there was hits and misses for us. We always enjoy our cruises, but this cruise was tainted by the staff's responses and no actions to my problems. This was my 8th Royal Caribbean cruise and the link to the review below is my first to post on cruise critic. I hope you enjoy it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2369101&highlight=anthem

Hi all!

I'm going on Anthem on August 6th! I want to be excited, but I keep reading negative reviews of the ship. I went on Liberty last year and loved it! Any advice on my nerves? We booked everything on the cruise planner and just hoping for the best!

We also were on The Liberty last year and loved it. This year we cruised on Anthem, our 14th cruise and by far the best ever!!! The Anthem is AWESOME! Beautiful ship, wonderful staff, great shows. Do not be nervous, enjoy. The day after we reurned from this cruise, we booked for next year!

Marg

Currently on the 6/16 sailing. Was on Quantum last spring and definitely see much improvement, especially in dining room food quality and service. While Q class isn't our cup of tea everything has gone fine and the only folks who don't seem to be enjoying themselves are those who failed to make dining, entertainment and activity reservations prior to boarding.

Stop worrying and start packing.

Hi all!

I would not worry about the reviews. I believe that if a person does not have a good experience, they can't wait to tell everyone and basically say Stay away from this ship or cruise lines. Although there are people posting positive reviews, most people that cruise do not write reviews so there could be a lot of people that loved Anthem but just did not write about it. I myself have not been on Anthem (but will next year) however, on a recent cruise with another cruise line I had a conversation with another couple and they told me about their cruise on Anthem and they just loved it and recommended the ship to my husband and myself. They raved about Two70.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

We just came off Anthem last week and have been on her quite a few times already this year. Looking forward to another Anthem sailing in September. Beautiful ship, wonderful crew and great entertainment all over the ship, 270, Music Hall, Boleros, Schooner Bar, Royal Theater, etc.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Hi all!

I felt the same way and almost cancelled. I sailed recently with a large group and we all loved the ship and had a great time. The ship is gorgeous. The entertainment was stellar snd the food was pretty good. Some nights the food was better that other nights but we didn't have one bad meal. We ate at Jaimes and Chops which we all loved. We all booked again for next year. You will love it.