Thinking about jumping ship

Badgertr

Our first cruise was Carnaval Triumph. We have gone on 6 RCL cruises. I have stayed with Royal mainly because they have adult only pools and pool areas. I don't have a problem with kids, just unsupervised, unruly kids. Do any Carnaval ships have adult only pools? We sail only Caribbean destinations. I tried a search and there were so many pages to read through to get to the subject and they were in someone's review of one ship so it was a ton to read. If I knew what ships to look for in our timeframe that would help.

Thanks,

Karin

Our first cruise was Carnaval Triumph. We have gone on 6 RCL cruises. I have stayed with Royal mainly because they have adult only pools and pool areas. I don't have a problem with kids, just unsupervised, unruly kids. Do any Carnaval ships have adult only pools? We sail only Caribbean destinations. I tried a search and there were so many pages to read through to get to the subject and they were in someone's review of one ship so it was a ton to read. If I knew what ships to look for in our timeframe that would help.

Thanks,

Karin

Carnival Miracle, Carnival Legend, and Carnival Pride all have an area with a pool, all the way aft, called Serenity. It is for passengers 21+. This is one reason these are my favorite Carnival ships.

Most, not all, other Carnival ships have Serenity but without pools, only hot tubs.

Some ships have an adult-only pool and hot tubs, but the area itself is open to all because the pizza is located there.

Thanks,

Karin

The serenity area on the Pride out of Baltimore is the best I have ever used.

When I was looking at the ships it was hard to tell if the Serenity area had a pool. I think I will stick looking at Miracle, Legend and Pride.

The Conquest class ships have the aft adult only pools and hot tubs. True, the ice cream machine and pizza vending is in the same area, but I've found the staff pretty good at enforcing the under 18 pool restrictions.

BTW, Conquest, Glory, Freedom, Valor and Liberty are Conquest class ships.

Sunshine has a pool in its Serenity area. It also has the largest Serenity. We really enjoyed it.

Yes..very nice round pool with a waterfall spilling down into the pool...however the water is cold!:eek: Anyways, they do enforce the under 21 policy as I saw crew coming over and asking under aged individuals to leave.

Loved the Sunshine's Serenity area.

Thanks,

Karin

How can you jump ship if you haven't even booked?:eek:

On the new Vista ship if you book a Havana cabin there is a pool, hot tubs and bar that are only for those guest in Havana cabins until 5pm. After 5 they open the area up to everyone on the ship who wants to go there.

Go to Princess. Even tho Carnivals says Serenity , I didn't find that. And the sometimes kid or two. Princess has the Aft adult pool. If you are leaning more towards RC, I go with Princess. However they pull out of Caribbean in April and return in October.

Go to Princess. Even tho Carnivals says Serenity , I didn't find that. And the sometimes kid or two. Princess has the Aft adult pool. If you are leaning more towards RC, I go with Princess. However they pull out of Caribbean in April and return in October.

What was wrong with it other than it wasn't Princess? You might just have had a loud group sailing.

And I think the new Vista has something on their Havana Deck area.

Vista has an adults only Serenity area on deck 15. No pool but 2 hot tubs and a bar.

As I understand it, the aft Havana pool and hot tubs are available to all who are booked in Havana cabins including children in the family cabins. May be wrong.

What was wrong with it other than it wasn't Princess? You might just have had a loud group sailing.

He's been dissatisfied with Carnival for quite some time but, got talked into a Carnival cruise with friends. That cruise left him even more unhappy with Carnival but still posts here as a public service to warn others about Carnival.

Vista has an adults only Serenity area on deck 15. No pool but 2 hot tubs and a bar.

As I understand it, the aft Havana pool and hot tubs are available to all who are booked in Havana cabins including children in the family cabins. May be wrong.

That is correct. I do believe that the Havana cabins allow children age 12 and up. So not adults only by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

He's been dissatisfied with Carnival for quite some time but, got talked into a Carnival cruise with friends. That cruise left him even more unhappy with Carnival but still posts here as a public service to warn others about Carnival.

Public service....hah

2012 to be exact but I appreciate you following along. I think we are gong on Carnival again in 2 years. Wife wants to take all the grandkids on a cruise. Maybe my hearing will go by then. Maybe I can get some mellowing agents.

Edited by golfb4cruzing

How can you jump ship if you haven't even booked?:eek:

LOL from RCL to Carnival. The pricing is getting so high and they run sales that aren't sales, it's getting old. We didn't hate the one cruise on Triumph we took, just had kids running and screaming in circles around the pool, then one slipped and fell slamming the back of the head on the tile. He Was screaming and the kid had to run to mom who was laying in a lounger oblivious.

We always travel during school, keeps all crowds down, not just kids. Even when we had school aged kids we took them out of school, prices are lower and lees crowds.

The Conquest class ships have the aft adult only pools and hot tubs. True, the ice cream machine and pizza vending is in the same area, but I've found the staff pretty good at enforcing the under 18 pool restrictions.

BTW, Conquest, Glory, Freedom, Valor and Liberty are Conquest class ships.

Unfortunately, Conquest does not have Serenity deck.

We cruised Liberty in 2014 & loved Serenity.

In 2015, we sailed Conquest & really missed Serenity.

In 2016, we sailed Glory & loved Serenity.

Now in 2017, we're back on Conquest w/o Serenity. I will definitely miss it.