All I wanted was a bathtub

JAGMAP

If you leave kids in the on-board childcare, is there some kind of power of attorney (for want of a better term) you have to give the carers before you leave the ship?

In the UK it is called in loco parentis. That means, if you take the responsibility of looking after children, then you temporarily have the same rights and responsibilities as the real parents.

Stewart

What is stopping parents from leaving their children at the child care and not returning to the ship. (other than the obvious outrage and moral depravity of doing so) ?

In my mind, it would be better to leave the child at home with a care giver rather than bring a toddler. After all, there are 8 siblings being cared for somewhere else.

Cause he already paid for a business class seat.

I really also thought this was a prank. The eight siblings was the last straw!

If one hates snobs or any inference of pretention,the Queens Grill makes for a fascinating choice. Especially given that RCL is the reference point. That was the last clue .

No insult intended . I am booked for PG.

The OP has not returned but I think that Borat is writing his script. Each post is more outrageous and he waits for the replies.

No ... I think he's in a state of shock realising he's paid for business class seats, Queen Grill accommodation on the QM2 (without a bath tub!) and he can't even leave the child in the kid's club unattended as she's only 18months old :p:eek::D

No ... I think he's in a state of shock realising he's paid for business class seats, Queen Grill accommodation on the QM2 (without a bath tub!) and he can't even leave the child in the kid's club unattended as she's only 18months old :p:eek::D

Perhaps he can salvage the disappointment by taking one of the other eight in the baby's place. :D

I thought that they had a bathtub now since they were able to book a Q3 through an Australian website.

Again, thanks for all the comments, opinions and feedback. Below are additional details.

(4) CruiseCritic was the first place I didn't receive sympathy and I'm glad because you pointed out things I didn't know, flaws in my logic, were quick to respond and defended the brand.

Well praise be to Cruise Critic.

That certainly passed a wet hour here on the Solent.

Wow. 6 pages of back and forth on something Cunard could very easily have addressed by moving this non-handicapped customer from a handicapped Q6 to a non-handicapped Q6... of which there are multiple available. Did they have to, technically? No. Would it have been proper service? Yes. Zero cost to Cunard & a happy customer.

Edited by florisdekort

Wow. 6 pages of back and forth on something Cunard could very easily have addressed by moving this non-handicapped customer from a handicapped Q6 to a non-handicapped Q6... of which there are multiple available. Did they have to, technically? No. Would it have been proper service? Yes. Zero cost to Cunard & a happy customer.
Hi florisdekort,

Re-reading, the OP has admitted that they tried to gamble with the booking system; and sadly lost out.

Scenario: I can afford a Queens Grill entry level cabin, if I buy a reduced-price ticket. I've looked at the high standard cost of booking a Q6 cabin, but said to myself "If I book a GTY I'll pay a LOT less, but still get the same Q6 cabin"

After booking, I discover to my horror that within the grade of cabin I've chosen, there are two types. One isn't at all what I wanted, it doesn't have something essential to me.

Furthermore I discover the cruise line are keeping back the type of cabin I do want for passengers willing to pay the higher fare, rather than upset them (and possibly lose their booking), by assigning them at high price, the type of cabin I didn't want at low price.

(Or so they can upgrade passengers from lower grades (Princess etc) who booked early on full fares (and who, because of complex world-wide pricing structures, actually paid more than I did with my cheap cut-price ticket).

Or who are non-troubleome valuable repeat passengers).

If only I'd not assumed (incorrectly) that I knew how they would look on my cheap-ticket booking. You know, next time I'll book the type of cabin that has the essential facilities I really want. None of this gambling-with-the-ticket nonsense for me. I'll be a very happy customer, even if it is not in Queens Grill. I believe the OP wrote something similar.

Best wishes. I've a couple of friends who did a full world cruise with Cunard (which I believe you are also interested in booking?); they had a superb, marvellous time. If you do book, I sincerely hope that the entire cruise is truly wonderful :)

I don't think a move to a different cabin would have made them happy. They seem to be the type of people who enjoy complaining to try to game the company out of some type of discount, upgrade, or freebie. They said they had experience with the travel industry, didn't they understand what a guarantee is? And I wonder if there is really a need for a tub other than convenience?gamers is what I think they are!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

And I wonder if there is really a need for a tub other than convenience?

The tub is to bath their young child. I know children who have not been happy in showers. In fact, I have a photo of a 3-year-old being bathed in a kitchen sink while I was on holiday with them in a cottage without a bath. Showers can be scary.

The tub is to bath their young child. I know children who have not been happy in showers. In fact, I have a photo of a 3-year-old being bathed in a kitchen sink while I was on holiday with them in a cottage without a bath. Showers can be scary.

Now if you really really needed the tub, why not book a cabin with a tub. If you try to cheap it with a guarantee cabin, you take a chance. If you read her original post on why she dosnt want the handicapped cabin and she goes on a tirade on us laws on foreign vessels, and they were willing to refund the fare, what else can they do. She was trying to because she was trying to be cheap and get them to move her for her cheapness or bad mouth such a fine cruise line! Book what you must have and don't cheap out.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Most peculiar - a quick search of members does not bring up JAGMAP but there is a profile in their current posts - are they still here?

All a bit strange really.

Unfortunately Cunard often come in for a bit of unwarranted stick from 'single issue' comments whose writer, having thought they have done a bit of damage, then disappears.

Cruise Forums are riddled with them.

Hi florisdekort,

Re-reading, the OP has admitted that they tried to gamble with the booking system; and sadly lost out.

Scenario: I can afford a Queens Grill entry level cabin, if I buy a reduced-price ticket. I've looked at the high standard cost of booking a Q6 cabin, but said to myself "If I book a GTY I'll pay a LOT less, but still get the same Q6 cabin"

After booking, I discover to my horror that within the grade of cabin I've chosen, there are two types. One isn't at all what I wanted, it doesn't have something essential to me.

Furthermore I discover the cruise line are keeping back the type of cabin I do want for passengers willing to pay the higher fare, rather than upset them (and possibly lose their booking), by assigning them at high price, the type of cabin I didn't want at low price.

(Or so they can upgrade passengers from lower grades (Princess etc) who booked early on full fares (and who, because of complex world-wide pricing structures, actually paid more than I did with my cheap cut-price ticket).

If only I'd not assumed (incorrectly) that I knew how they would look on my cheap-ticket booking. You know, next time I'll book the type of cabin that has the essential facilities I really want. None of this gambling-with-the-ticket nonsense for me. I'll be a very happy customer, even if it is not in Queens Grill. I believe the OP wrote something similar.

Best wishes. I've a couple of friends who did a full world cruise with Cunard (which I believe you are also interested in booking?); they had a superb, marvellous time. If you do book, I sincerely hope that the entire cruise is truly wonderful :)

Good morning Pepperrn.

An excellent piece and particularly that which I have highlighted.

Good morning Pepperrn. An excellent piece and particularly that which I have highlighted.
Thank you Solent Richard.

I had no idea if the OP's posts were genuine enquiries or not; I assumed, maybe foolishly, that they were (benefit of the doubt and all that).

If NOT real, then the consequences are potentially very sad; for new members esp.

For there is the real possiblity that in the future, when genuine enquiries/complaints are posted, or real difficulties are explained, some sceptical members may consider the post to be yet another "Let's wind up the Cunard board, they're always good for a laugh".

And then some of the usually helpful and knowledgeable members may either ignore the plea for help or worse, dismiss the sincere enquiry with a less-than-friendly return comment.

And who could blame them, if they also feel as I do sometimes; "Here we go again". All very sad.

As I've written several times, there are so many friendly, experienced and knowledgeable members here, all very willing to help others. Such a pity when this help is abused.

Thank you again Solent Richard, maybe our paths will cross one day on board one of Cunard's magnificent vessels :)

The OP has not returned but I think that Borat is writing his script. Each post is more outrageous and he waits for the replies.

That just brought a smile #InspiredByBorat

You're an active, long time poster on CC and I enjoy reading your contributions. I'm accustomed to FlyerTalk where your character is assassinated by one person's 5 worded comment. Just getting used to the forum's etiquette. And probably won't see me after the cruise unless I have content to contribute :D

The typical Flyer Talk poster is an elite frequent flyer with one or more airlines as well as hotel chains. I know of one or two CC people on the Cunard and Princess areas who I first "met" on Flyer Talk. After I stopped traveling so much for work the appeal of the info on FT wore thin and I haven't been there much in the past 10 years or so.

Obviously, you did not read post #1 on this thread.

And to the OP, tough bananas. Zero sympathy.

Life trying to imitate a television show. Reads like Modern Family.

Hi florisdekort,

lolololololo

my thoughts exactly...