Booking a future cruise while onboard

As posted by Cruisenfever,

Effective March 6, 2015, Royal Caribbean has changed its onboard re-booking program, NextCruise, once again to offer the bonus on the cruise you are currently on instead of the future cruise.

Under the new terms of NextCruise, when you book a specific sailing while onboard a Royal Caribbean ship, the onboard credit amount you are entitled to will be added to your SeaPass account on the sailing you are on. Under the old program, the bonus was applied to your onboard account when you took the upcoming cruise.

This change only affects cruises you book that have a specific sail date. The open booking option will not change with this program.

The deposit will be nonrefundable and will be equal to the amount of onboard credit you get. However, if you elect to have the OBC applied to the new booking, it makes your deposit completely refundable

The amount of onboard credit you will receive is as follows:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking). OBC is per cabin. Deposit is still $100pp.

Length of Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

They still do the open booking? We were on Allure in December and they said it was no longer an option. But then again, given that we were told to book any cruise to get the future credit and then it would transfer when we move it to a booking we actually wanted which was completely false, I would have to say that "not being an option any longer" was also a lie. For the record, when I rebooked, they honored my Diamond discount which apparently was not given to me when I booked on board in favor of an OBC which was 50 more than the Diamond discount.

They still do the open booking? We were on Allure in December and they said it was no longer an option. But then again, given that we were told to book any cruise to get the future credit and then it would transfer when we move it to a booking we actually wanted which was completely false, ...

I hope this is not false as several others have reported being told this. I'll be testing it myself soon.

In August we are on Allure and are seriously considering booking Explorer for next August in Alaska.

I know if I book a full suite for myself I get a $200 OBC. I plan on booking and paying the deposit and cruise fare for my in-laws cabin as well. Is it safe to say that I will also get their $100 OBC? I only wish I could get their cruise points, but I know this can't happen.:D

In August we are on Allure and are seriously considering booking Explorer for next August in Alaska.

I know if I book a full suite for myself I get a $200 OBC. I plan on booking and paying the deposit and cruise fare for my in-laws cabin as well. Is it safe to say that I will also get their $100 OBC? I only wish I could get their cruise points, but I know this can't happen.:D

If you opt for the instant OBC, then you will get it. If you opt for future OBC, then your in-laws will get it.

If you opt for the instant OBC, then you will get it. If you opt for future OBC, then your in-laws will get it.

Just one caveat, if you take the OBC while on board for a future cruise and then cancel the future cruise you don't get your deposit back, since you took the OBC already [emoji12][emoji12]. It's not a loss only no gain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect Bob, that is what I thought. If I pay for their cruise I'll take the OBC VS them getting it. I'd love to get their points too, but I can't get it all.:p

Just one caveat, if you take the OBC while on board for a future cruise and then cancel the future cruise you don't get your deposit back, since you took the OBC already [emoji12][emoji12]. It's not a loss only no gain!

If you do cancel and you've already taken the obc, and have paid additional money, make sure they process the cancellation correctly. I cancelled almost 2 weeks ago and called to inquire about my missing money and was informed that the person on their end didn't complete the cancellation. Evidently there's an extra step they have to do when you book onboard and take the obc immediately.

As posted by Cruisenfever,

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking). OBC is per cabin. Deposit is still $100pp.

Length of Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

We booked a cruise for 4/17 aboard Adventure 10/15, and were only charged $100 total deposit for 5 people in an RFS

We booked a cruise for 4/17 aboard Adventure 10/15, and were only charged $100 total deposit for 5 people in an RFS

The $100 per person deposit is for the Open Booking. You booked a specific cruise which has different deposit amounts.

The $100 per person deposit is for the Open Booking. You booked a specific cruise which has different deposit amounts.

We booked a B2B on the Anthem for next May & used 2 open bookings certificates that we had and were only charged the $100 total deposit (price paid for each certificate) - they did not require an additional deposit money - there are 3 of us in the cabin.

Pat

Edited by pkexton

Are there also other perks to booking with NextCruise if you are a Crown & Anchor member?

Actually, you must be a C&A member to book with the Next Cruise people on board. They will sign you up on the spot if needed.

Is there any benefit to doing the specific cruise vs. an open booking? We did a specific cruise a few years back even though we knew we couldn't go because the benefits were better (as the Loyalty person explained it anyway) and then we just moved the cruise out to another date once further out cruises were open and we kept our perks. I know it's changed though so I'm not sure which way to go.

Edited by CruisinQueen2013

Is there any benefit to doing the specific cruise vs. an open booking? We did a specific cruise a few years back even though we knew we couldn't go because the benefits were better (as the Loyalty person explained it anyway) and then we just moved the cruise out to another date once further out cruises were open.

OBC for the specific cruise is much higher, see Ken's post (#2) above.

We did a booking for Anthem balcony, 9 nights and paid the $150 and opted to take the $150 obc on the cruise we were on.

After a few months, I found a short 3 night cruise that I wanted to go on and was able to transfer the $150 deposit to that cruise and cancelled Anthem. I had no issues with RC doing this so I might try to book something on a 16 night balcony cruise for $350, then switch when I get home to a shorter one. Am I missing something here? The more money you spend the more obc you get with no penalty for a transfer down.

I'd like to know the rules for "moving" your on-board reservation to another cruise. In post #3 above, it says that it's not possible. However, couple people in this thread said they were able to do it.

Is it one of those things that depends on the agent that answers the phone at RCCL when you call and their mood?:confused:

I'd like to know the rules for "moving" your on-board reservation to another cruise. In post #3 above, it says that it's not possible. However, couple people in this thread said they were able to do it.

Is it one of those things that depends on the agent that answers the phone at RCCL when you call and their mood?:confused:

I can honestly say for a fact, that is what happened. We were on Allure and wanted an open booking for a cruise in 2017 when itineraries were not out yet. Were told by Next Cruise that open bookings didn't exist anymore and to pick an itinerary far our and we'll get the OBC (both instant and future). We did. Gave us 100 OBC instant and I believe 300 OBC for the future one. Was told they would just move it the new booking when I transfer it.

Four/five months later when I transferred, they clearly told me on the phone that I was going to lose my OBC since it was non transferable. When I stated that is not what we were told, they insisted this is the policy. Then when I asked why I did not get my Diamond discount on the original booking, the answer was that the promotion of OBC was higher than the discount so I had to give up the discount. Then with the transfer and loss of the OBC, I was then able to get a Diamond discount.

I will say that when I went down to Next Cruise, they had only been doing this "new program" for future bookings for about a week or two. Maybe the agent was confused. Who knows. I ended up transferring a Harmony JS to a Adventurer GS and still was a grand less so I'm not going to worry about 50 bucks at this point.

Actually, you must be a C&A member to book with the Next Cruise people on board. They will sign you up on the spot if needed.

Not true. They will give you the form to fill out at a later date. They do not sign you up on the spot. Clarea you are slipping!!

Not true. They will give you the form to fill out at a later date. They do not sign you up on the spot. Clarea you are slipping!!

Policy must have changed, thanks for the update. What ship did you see this?