Warning - Never Ever trust Princess EZ Check in Seattle

Luggage coverage with the Princess policy is also secondary coverage for lost luggage ($1,500-standard; $3,000-Platinum) & is only usable when not covered elsewhere:

"We will reimburse you, less any amount paid or payable from any coverage provided by a Common Carrier and/or insurance specifically insuring the lost, stolen or damaged item(s)".

So I wonder if they make them file a claim with home owners?

It is very vague how I read it. Thanks for looking up the exact language. I was too lazy to do so tonight.

It is very vague how I read it. Thanks for looking up the exact language. I was too lazy to do so tonight.

They most likely will and if its denied then the secondary would pay.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I agree with Colo Cruiser & glad to help...all of us have been in your situation & having a printed copy it was easy for me to find the info. ;)

They most likely will and if its denied then the secondary would pay.
Edited by Astro Flyer

I sent every single shred of evidence known to man to the insurers via FedEx. First to reply is AA Citi Card which offers lost bag insurance. AA Citi Card (Virginia Surety Company) wants me to resubmit to them exactly what I just sent them via FedEx plus "replacement receipts."

Like I said to you kind people reading this - Warning - Never Ever Trust Princess EZ Check in Seattle.

BTW: The port authority in Seattle tells me that they take no responsibility for Princess bags when they go missing in the terminal.

I sent every single shred of evidence known to man to the insurers via FedEx. First to reply is AA Citi Card which offers lost bag insurance. AA Citi Card (Virginia Surety Company) wants me to resubmit to them exactly what I just sent them via FedEx plus "replacement receipts."

Like I said to you kind people reading this - Warning - Never Ever Trust Princess EZ Check in Seattle.

BTW: The port authority in Seattle tells me that they take no responsibility for Princess bags when they go missing in the terminal.

Welcome to insurance hell. Good luck.

I know this doesn't help but your issue applies to all bags that are used in traveling - if the hotel handles it, airport, airline, etc.... Bags go missing all the time. Some are recovered and some are never recovered. It is not isolated to EZ Check in Seattle. Even if the bag did reach Seattle's airport, it could have gone missing enroute.

I still hope this bag shows up. Good luck with your reimbursement process. Thanks for keeping us informed.

sent every single shred of evidence known to man to the insurers via FedEx. First to reply is AA Citi Card which offers lost bag insurance. AA Citi Card (Virginia Surety Company) wants me to resubmit to them exactly what I just sent them via FedEx plus "replacement receipts."

Honestly, I feel that this why so many companies offer luggage insurance because they know its painfully time consuming to get all the paperwork they want just to start a claim.

Is it really worth it?? :confused:

sent every single shred of evidence known to man to the insurers via FedEx. First to reply is AA Citi Card which offers lost bag insurance. AA Citi Card (Virginia Surety Company) wants me to resubmit to them exactly what I just sent them via FedEx plus "replacement receipts."

Honestly, I feel that this why so many companies offer luggage insurance because they know its painfully time consuming to get all the paperwork they want just to start a claim.

Is it really worth it?? :confused:

That just makes me sick! The Insurance Co. have go trouble taking your money and make it so hard for you when it comes time for them to pay you for something they said they would. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tony

Three weeks ago I left my well labeled brand new bag in the Crown Princess hallway, as instructed, with the EZ Check sticky bag tag on the handle. This formally new bag suddenly arrived on my doorstep just now a little after midnight dirty and scuffed exactly THREE WEEKS after Princess collected it from the hallway. All of our personal ID tags and itinerary were still on and in the bag. The EZ Check sticky bag tag on the handle was gone as well as what should have been the SEA/DFW/TUL AA bag tag. All contents in the bag were quite disturbed but the only casualty inside the bag was a broken Princess coffee mug.

AA said the bag was found in Miami, Florida, of all places, yesterday.

Local AA bag rep. said to us "Cruise lines lose bags. Happens regularly. Always check your bag at our gate."

I still stand firmly by my warning. NEVER EVER trust Princess EZ Check in Seattle.

Edited by Princess Chatterer

So glad you finally got it back - I'd call Princess support again - ask for compensation for the mug. Maybe you'll get an OBC. (We got 100.00 OBC when they somehow got the wrong tags on DH's bag and we had a car waiting charge of 40.00)

Frustrating, but glad to hear you have it.

Local AA bag rep. said to us "Cruise lines lose bags. Happens regularly. Always check your bag at our gate."

I still stand firmly by my warning. NEVER EVER trust Princess EZ Check in Seattle.

Woo Hoo - Congrats!

Not to exaggerate but airlines lose bags also! I have had more then enough lost bag situations - usually they are resolved quicker than this. There is a place in Alabama where they sell unclaimed bags/contents from airlines. https://www.unclaimedbaggage.com

Glad this is resolved. Happy ending!

Edited by Coral

Glad to hear that it arrived...but obviously something went terribly wrong. I agree--contact Princess. At the very least they owe you for the fee you paid for their non-existent service. They will likely invoke a "damage happens and we are not responsible" line, but they do owe for the mug and the formerly new case as well.

Obviously your bag had quite a trip!

You should also make a damage claim with AA. Generally, the final air carrier is responsible for mishandled baggage (one reason more and more carriers are refusing to interline bags between carriers when not on the same ticket) although since you used Princess's service and did not check the bag directly with the carrier yourself, that may complicate things.

Three weeks ago I left my well labeled brand new bag in the Crown Princess hallway, as instructed, with the EZ Check sticky bag tag on the handle. This formally new bag suddenly arrived on my doorstep just now a little after midnight dirty and scuffed exactly THREE WEEKS after Princess collected it from the hallway. All of our personal ID tags and itinerary were still on and in the bag. The EZ Check sticky bag tag on the handle was gone as well as what should have been the SEA/DFW/TUL AA bag tag. All contents in the bag were quite disturbed but the only casualty inside the bag was a broken Princess coffee mug.

If I interpret what you said correctly, it was found at Miami airport, not Miami cruise terminal? If it was found at the airport then it must have been transferred to the airline in Seattle. If it was the cruise lines fault then it should have been found in Seattle. After all how would it have gotten to Miami, except via plane.

If I interpret what you said correctly, it was found at Miami airport, not Miami cruise terminal? If it was found at the airport then it must have been transferred to the airline in Seattle. If it was the cruise lines fault then it should have been found in Seattle. After all how would it have gotten to Miami, except via plane.

Agreed. I don't see any liability on the cruise line's part since it was delivered to the airline.

We have used EZ check many times from Seattle and never had a problem.

Mike:)

So glad you finally got it back - I'd call Princess support again - ask for compensation for the mug. Maybe you'll get an OBC. (We got 100.00 OBC when they somehow got the wrong tags on DH's bag and we had a car waiting charge of 40.00)

Forget asking about compensation for the mug. No way to prove it was packed properly.

However, I would put in a claim for the damage done to the suitcase, either with Princess or the airline or maybe both. No way to prove which one of them damaged it, but my bet is on the airline.

Edited by caribill

No surprise those two labels were missing. Once the bag was found in Miami, the old tags that no longer applied would be removed and one from MIA to your home airport would be put on instead.

Forget asking about compensation for the mug. No way to prove it was packed properly.

However, I would put in a claim for the damage done to the suitcase, either with Princess or the airline or maybe both. No way to prove which one of them damaged it, but my bet is on the airline.

Good point on the mug. I would still call customer service - she paid for EZ check and certainly didn't get that. Also, I believe she said that Princess told her they never scanned the bag, so the process broke down there.

I am so glad your lost luggage finally found its way to you even though it looked a bit scuffed up and put through the wringer.:) Three weeks later? Airline? Hmmmm....

What I don't get is that in this day everything is scanned and entered in a computer. I've done plenty of loading and unloading in my day ( personal military moves and my current job). Someone did not scan that piece of luggage. Period. They could not track it because it was not scanned. Period.

In this day and age, there is no reason that should happen unless it is human error. :rolleyes:

May your future cruises be calm!:)

I

What I don't get is that in this day everything is scanned and entered in a computer. I've done plenty of loading and unloading in my day ( personal military moves and my current job). Someone did not scan that piece of luggage. Period. They could not track it because it was not scanned. Period.

In this day and age, there is no reason that should happen unless it is human error. :rolleyes:

I once had a package coming from Fed Ex. It was supposed to be at my local FedEx/Kinko store when I missed the delivery. It wasn't. They found it in the fedEx shipping center a day later. Apparently it was not packed well, and was damaged, so the store scanned it - but then didn't accept it, and didn't scan it back out.

My husband picked it up on his way back from work. So we got it - it was poorly packed.

About a month later, I got an email from FedEx saying that since we didn't pick it up, they were sending it back to the sender. Apparently also forgot to scan it out to husband.

OP stated that Princess told her that they (Princess) had never scanned the bag in the terminal. Since OP knows that the bag was placed outside the cabin (along with a second bag that was transported correctly), this would imply that the initial error occurred in the terminal and was due to whoever was responsible for scanning that bag.

From there, no one knows how it got to AA or how it ultimately ended up in Miami. The initial error occurred at the Seattle cruise terminal. That should make it the fault of Princess since they can't prove that they ever tagged it and turned it over to the airline.

But, good luck in getting any compensation. At a minimum, they should refund your EZ Check fee! Fortunately, you got the bag back with the contents basically intact.

Edited by moki'smommy

OP stated that Princess told her that they (Princess) had never scanned the bag in the terminal. Since OP knows that the bag was placed outside the cabin (along with a second bag that was transported correctly)' date=' this would imply that the initial error occurred in the terminal and was due to whoever was responsible for scanning that bag.

From there, no one knows how it got to AA or how it ultimately ended up in Miami. The initial error occurred at the Seattle cruise terminal. That should make it the fault of Princess since they can't prove that they ever tagged it and turned it over to the airline.

But, good luck in getting any compensation. At a minimum, they should refund your EZ Check fee! Fortunately, you got the bag back with the contents basically intact.[/quote']

I expect since it ended up in Miami that it was possibly retagged and scanned in Seattle, only with some other persons tag. That it was transferred to the airport and sent to that persons home airport. The only problem is that because it wasn't their bag it was never claimed at the end airport. Another possibility is that it was tagged incorrectly by American at the airport when it was received. Since there are a lot of bags being tagged by the airlines with the transfer it is possible that whoever was doing the tagging got the tags for two bags swapped. Would be interesting to know if there where any unclaimed bags when they first missed the bag at their home airport when they got off their flight.

It had to have been turned over to the airline, because otherwise it would not have ended up in Miami Airport in the hands of American Airlines. So the proof of transfer is that fact that the airline ended up with it.

Edited by RDC1

The OP wants answers about how their bag arrived weeks later damaged. Unfortunately that's unlikely yet she continues to blame Princess & to strongly admonish us to "NEVER EVER trust Princess EZ Check in Seattle"

It's unreasonable to me to solely blame Princess for the problem & just because it wasn't scanned by Princess at the cruise terminal doesn't prove the bag was not transferred to AA in SEA. Obviously somehow it got to AA because it arrived in MIA which would require an AA luggage tag. Since luggage is only suppose to travel with a passenger, it appears that it was deemed as lost baggage heading to the Alabama lost baggage facility. AA apparently used their ID tags to determine it was intended to go to TUL & returned their bag.

Is anyone surprised that AA places blame on cruise lines? Not me because airlines lose bags regularly & AA cannot even explain how the bag got to them in MIA. Without any tracking info available, the primary suspect is AA and not Princess.

I feel badly for her situation however I don't agree with who she's blaming because there are no facts to blame Princess & I wouldn't hesitate to use EZ Check in Seattle or anywhere else despite the OP's admonition to do otherwise.

Disclaimer: while I work for an airline, I am not an expert at baggage rules. And of course, I'm just expressing my opinion.

As I said above, to the best of my knowledge, the final (in this case only) air carrier is responsible for mishandled baggage. It really does not matter whether Princess made the mistake or AA made the mistake. Since AA ended up with the bag and was the final carrier per your ticket, they are responsible for handling your claim. No one is ever going to be able to figure out exactly what went wrong. Make your claim to AA.

I'm going out on a limb here but since EZ Check is only available for certain airlines, it is logical to assume that Princess has agreements with the participating airlines (particularly since in general, baggage must be checked by the passenger, not by a third party). Presumably, some airlines don't participate because they don't want the mishandled baggage liability. Those that do are willing to take on the mishandled baggage liability.