Why book a suite on RCI?

I may be wrong but we (D+) on some ships are not allowed in the SL...HOTS for example no access on our status alone...we must be in a GS or above.

We did Liberty 2 months ago and they had just started not allowing diamond + in the lounge. Loved not having problem getting a seat. I love traveling in GS I think there were the extra money for the space and perks, breakfast in chops is great, reserved seats for ice show also. ( we still but drink package to get the brands we want and also not limited to the hours of the lounge), have done 3 GS and have 3 more booked ( but did my share of inside cabins also) , Also price for GS and space on GS seem better than most other lines for full suite and perks, paid under 2k per person

You can't go in the Suite Lounge without having a gold card. You need one to open the doors. If it's true that now on ships with no Suite Lounge the CL takes its place, that would be great. I talked my DH into letting me book the Serenade for a 10 day cruise to the West Indies. I really wanted to see those islands, and large ships can't get into those ports. The CL was jammed with D+ the whole cruise and we couldn't get a seat. Hubby was so ticked he said no more small ships, only Oasis class. He even went to Customer Service to complain. If we can get into those CLs without all those D+ we could take Freedom Class on down and I would finally get to see Alaska!

I wish the D+ could have the Diamond Lounge and the Ds just gets coupons. It only takes 80 points to be Diamond and IMHO they should not have a Lounge. No offense to D members, I'm a D too! I need 20 more points to be D+

Funny, the SL allows anyone from 1st time cruiser to P. If you don't want to meet the standard that's your problem and yours alone. Many d and + use the SL so it is true

Bottom Line - Diamond Plus sailing in all cabin categories up to and including Junior Suite are NOT allowed into the Suite Lounge.

First time with RC, and we have a RFS, because...

1. Space - OP said it. Agree with it. We're bringing our two toddlers, and we want a space for each kiddo. We want a place for us. Room to spread out.

2. Suite vs 2 cabins - price was similar, though the suite was a bit more. Worth it for us for the internet package, the dining (both CK & in-suite dining), on & off ship with priority...it all sounded good and worth the minimal increase.

3. Hot tub on the balcony - need I really elaborate on this? [emoji7]

4. 2nd bedroom - MIL private room

You pay from 2-10x as much as a standard cabin. Your room is bigger and the line on and off the ship is shorter. Plus you get to eat in special areas where the unwashed masses are not allowed. And you get to sun in a special exclusive area.

And in exchange for paying an amount of money that would allow you to go on a B2B2B2B in a standard cabin they give you drinks for a few hours a day.

If people have the money, and want to spend it, why should that bother you? I don't book suites because I can't afford them, but I certainly don't hold it against those who can. It think it would be wonderful to have the extra space in the cabin, the reserved deck chairs, and to be able to order room service from the MDR menu. But, I can't complain! At least I get to cruise, which is something not everyone can say.

First time with RC, and we have a RFS, because...

3. Hot tub on the balcony - need I really elaborate on this? [emoji7]

I saw this in another posters reason for going in a suite on another thread. However, we have sailed in the RFS on several ships, different classes and there has never been a Hot tub on the balcony and none are advertised (that I have seen) as having one. Is this something you have seen as specifically included on your upcoming cruise?

We've done two connecting balcony cabins and a GS on Royal (when we're traveling with both our kids, we definitely appreciate them having their own room/bathroom!) I didn't notice a difference in service or level of treatment between the balcony rooms and the suite. The CL was a nice perk, although on Liberty, the room is small and got crowded quickly. I wouldn't book a suite just for that perk. It's been a couple of years since I've been on Royal. From this thread it sounds like they are trying to up their suite game.

NCL, on the other hand, knows how to treat suite guests - from the time you walk into the departure port! We've traveled in suites on several NCL ships and agree that it's definitely worth the extra money.

Many people comment about the cost of traveling once a year (or once every couple of years) in a suite vs. a couple times a year in an inside cabin - it just depends on how you want to cruise. Some people only sleep in the room so it doesn't matter to them. Others like to relax and spread out in their cabin and don't want to have to rush to get seats in restaurants/shows/tenders. Whatever works for you.

Best suite programme we have experienced was the Yacht Club on MSC Divina. Simply amazing. Totally separate facility, although a short walk to the private restaurant.

We recently had a poor experience on the Indie and have decided that Celebrity is more suitable for us. Been on the Indie many times, but hated the experience this time.

D+ and not a seat available in either Lounge. We need a walk-in shower, so suites are generally not for us, as we are only two travelling together.

On a different note.

Because of family committments we can only sail once a year.

We enjoy the extra space a suite has to offer and also love Barefoot beach and Labadee.

So why not do what makes us happy.

We both work hard for our money and enjoy to vacation to relax.

Just saying.

I saw this in another posters reason for going in a suite on another thread. However, we have sailed in the RFS on several ships, different classes and there has never been a Hot tub on the balcony and none are advertised (that I have seen) as having one. Is this something you have seen as specifically included on your upcoming cruise?

Yes! Our particular cabin has one. TBH, it was the balcony with the outdoor dining I liked. Once we booked, I found out that we had a hot tub--BONUS![emoji3]

Yes! Our particular cabin has one. TBH, it was the balcony with the outdoor dining I liked. Once we booked, I found out that we had a hot tub--BONUS![emoji3]

Wow, that's great! Is that specific to Allure RFS? We've been in the RFS on other ships/classes and never had one. This year we are booked in a RFS on Harmony but see no mention of that in the room description. Thanks.

You pay from 2-10x as much as a standard cabin. Your room is bigger and the line on and off the ship is shorter. Plus you get to eat in special areas where the unwashed masses are not allowed. And you get to sun in a special exclusive area.

And in exchange for paying an amount of money that would allow you to go on a B2B2B2B in a standard cabin they give you drinks for a few hours a day.

Because I'm 22 years old and can't take a month away from my life. Plus my parents were so GENEROUS as to pay our difference from an interior room up to a Crown Loft. Not something I'd do because of the cost, but if I can I will. And when i can't afford it, I do not envy those who can.

To each his own!

Wow, that's great! Is that specific to Allure RFS? We've been in the RFS on other ships/classes and never had one. This year we are booked in a RFS on Harmony but see no mention of that in the room description. Thanks.

I think we just got lucky! [emoji12]

From CC, I was directed to a YouTube video of our particular cabin--there she is, hot tub on the balcony (table for 6 and 2 loungers also). I'm not certain if this RFS used to be a different category and the hot tub was left behind???

Hang on, and I'll verify our cabin number!

Allure RFS 12648

I think we just got lucky! [emoji12]

From CC, I was directed to a YouTube video of our particular cabin--there she is, hot tub on the balcony (table for 6 and 2 loungers also). I'm not certain if this RFS used to be a different category and the hot tub was left behind???

Hang on, and I'll verify our cabin number!

Maybe the RFS is what used to be the presidential suite or whatever. That one got moved to deck 17 when they tore out the chapel and that random lounge room up there.

Edited by atnolan94

Many people comment about the cost of traveling once a year (or once every couple of years) in a suite vs. a couple times a year in an inside cabin - it just depends on how you want to cruise.

Or how many vacation days you get from the office.

Suites, only suites, nothing but suites.